Doctor Who: The Forgotten #1

RSS

Having recently devoured the first four seasons of its revival, you could say I've been on a bit of a Doctor Who kick lately. The action is fast, the characters are strong, the storytelling is smart and the depth is astounding. Best of all, though each season features an overall storyline, every episode is the perfect starting point for new viewers. And that's done without burdening longtime fans with "we know this already" exposition. If you're not watching Doctor Who -- for fear of not knowing the rich continuity, you're put-off by science fiction, you're afraid the sets are still made of cardboard or whatever your reason -- you really should give the show a try. It's wonderfully engaging television that can pack breakneck action, high suspense and tragic drama all into 60-minute bites. However, if you don't have access to the Sci Fi Channel or BBC America, or you're still worried that the show isn't for you, there's another way you can treat yourself to the good Doctor, and that's by reading Doctor Who: The Forgotten.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/c/indy/doct...he-forgotten-01

Thanks, Dan.

Having read and hated IDW's Doctor Who #1, I wasn't expecting to like The Forgotten. However, the concept intrigued me, so I gave it a shot. And, obviously, I'm glad I did.

If I had one gripe with the comic, it's that I wanted to see Donna. Martha's an okay character, but Donna was better.