Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's Ebessan vs Kamen from Osaka Pro in 2001, I think.

I remember getting a comp tape of their matches back in the day. All of them are like that. Even with repeated spots they manage to make it fun every time.

I saw Ebessan & Delirious do that sequence in ROH during a four way with Jack Evans & Samoa Joe. Best part was the "local indy worker", who was bitching the entire time about being better than everyone in ROH but not working the card, got up in left when the crowd was going nuts for the slow motion action. Drew a huge pop from my section.

Nice! That's one of those matches that stands out to me not because it was great but because it was at least entertaining. Loved the old four corner matches in ROH, they were almost all great. I'd call you a lucky son of a gun for being there but I'm going to see Dragon Gate in less than two weeks and thus it's hard to be jealous of any other wrestling fan right now.

Seriously. Fuck TNA.

James Storm won the TNA title at the Tuesday taping. So, after spending the last 3-4 months building up Bobby Roode with the BFG series and video packages and promos to be the next world champion, you have him lose at the PPV. Then you put the title on his tag team partner who has been in the background for the last little bit. What the Fuck?

Nothing against James Storm here. Just the decision making process.

Yeah, I'm done.

It was the weirdest decision ever, but they drew one of their biggest ratings ever and made it feel like a special moment.

My only real problem with that was, it wasn't a hard fought victory where you would build to the moment where he superkicks Angle.

Still, great to hear it got a high rating, and hopefully shows TNA to use their homegrown stars, and not WWE cast-offs so much. Though, knowing TNA, he'll be turned on by Roode at Turning Point to help Angle regain the belt.

I don't know how much stock I put in the higher rating. Overall, it is coming off of Bound for Glory, with the great Bobby Roode build. So I could see a rise in viewers to see if Roode had in fact won. Also, the world title changed hands on a taped show. That is sure to draw some more hardcore fans in.

Edit: Just looked at the quarter hour break downs. Main event was the lowest watched portion of the show. That is not a good thing. Also, Knockouts = ratings for some reason.