Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, that show sucked donkey.

Outside of Punk/Taker, everything felt flat (Swagger/Del Rio), awkward (Fandango/Jericho & the ending of the show), or slow & boring (Henry/Ryback, HHH/Lesnar, Rock/Cena). The Tag Match & the 6-Man tag were good, but felt like something we could see on RAW.

I will disagree with Will, Punk/Taker has a hot crowd thru-out, a good story, wasn't plodding and the slightest of slight hints of doubt. Like last year, when Taker was hit with the sweet chin music and pedigree back-to-back. Give me that in a Taker match at Mania and I am happy. This delivered.

Bad build, bad execution and we will see tomorrow how the follow-up goes.

Punk/Taker was good, but not great. The crowd was hot for it however and burned itself out. Doing 3 back to back to back high level matches didn't do the crowd any favors. Beyond that the tag match was fun, but the rest was just kinda there.

Assuming that was a heel turn (with that crowd, it was hard to tell), this Cena title reign has the potential for worst series of defences ever given who all the main heels are.

Mark Henry

Ryback

Big Show

Swagger, I guess

The only heel that would get anything out of Cena is Punk, and that's been done to death.

• 3 weeks later...