Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends what era Foley and what era Guerrero.

Almost all of Foley's best matches were with big guys that tossed him around a lot, but there's always the Mind Games match with HBK.

Get late era WCW or early WWF Foley and 2003 Eddie and it could have been something.

Yeah, I'm thinking that HBK match. It's something different than everything else Foley is known for.

EDIT: It's a real shame that everyone remembers Foley for the insane bumps, because it's his ring psychology that always stood out to me.

Speaking of Foley, I watched his new documentary, that was really good, but the match selection is noticeably inferior to his Hits and Misses DVD set. Also, his Hell In The Cell match with Taker, has aged badly, and is kind of over rated. It's not a proper cell match like HBK and Taker had the year before, it just felt like a stunt fest with no story. It's a shame that match is on this set, as I would rather watch any match from their 96 wars. Or any other match between the two, than the cell which has been at least 5 compilation sets so far.

If I remember, Foley was the one, who storyline brought the Radicalz to the WWF, and they tagged around with him for about a week, till they turned on him, as Triple H offered them contracts to do it, I think Eddie hurt his arm in his debut match against the New Age Outlaws, so he wasn't involved in the big tag match, so it was 3 VS 3. Radicalz VS Rikishi, The Rock and Cactus Jack. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Based on the promise of a MOTYC, I just watched an episode of Main Event. I was not disappointed. Cesaro has such a different style from everyone else at the moment. It makes him stand out when given the time to do so. Being gifted with amazingly freakish strength doesn't hurt either.

Unrelated, I still hate the way Gabriel sells his 450. 'Oh, put my arm lightly over my gut because I hurt myself." A point for effort, but F- in execution.

Based on the promise of a MOTYC, I just watched an episode of Main Event. I was not disappointed. Cesaro has such a different style from everyone else at the moment. It makes him stand out when given the time to do so. Being gifted with amazingly freakish strength doesn't hurt either.

Unrelated, I still hate the way Gabriel sells his 450. 'Oh, put my arm lightly over my gut because I hurt myself." A point for effort, but F- in execution.

I constantly expect Gabriel to really hurt someone with that 450, with the way he lands, he seems a slight mistep away from bashing someones head in with his knee.

The whole Percy Watson saga is a shame. Guy had boatloads of charisma and had a gimmick that made him stand out, then they tell him to tone it down to become more generic and they release him.

Percy was probably the most ready of his NXT group outside of Kaval. Husky could work and Wade wasn't bad but only Watson had real personality. He should have been the third man in the Prime Time Players.

In fact, the WWE should have just taken the tag belts and combined them with another midcard belt to make all tag title matches 6 mans for a while. Feels like that's where they've been going since the Shield showed up anyway.