Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.wwe.com/inside/jim-ross-to-retire

Jim Ross has decided to retire from WWE, after working for them for over 20 years.

He didn't decide this. He was forced to.

Yeah, I posted that before I found out more background information, like how he was blamed for the awesome 2K Games panel, and Ric Flair going off on one every chance he could.

So, supposedly, because the main event of Night of Champions was ruled null in void, fans have complained to their cable providers for refunds. The worst part is, said cable companies are actually given the people refunds.

To me, it doesn't matter how bad the event was, if you were able to watch it in full, without any issues, then you are not entitled to a refund.And I thought NOC was actually a pretty good show.

Looks like Vince and Hunter are out to bury everyone who has held a major title round their waist in the last 10 years. The constant squashing of Miz and Ziggler in particular is baffling. These guys should be the future and yet I have the feeling they will spend the rest of their careers jobbing to the same old faces until they get board.

If you are a WWE wrestler at the minute your main role seems to be jobbing to Orton and Cena. Bryan is riding high at the minute but he'll be back in the midcard once Cena returns. While I like Bryan CM Punk is a more natural fit for the whole "sticking it to the man" storyline but they did that already. So he's shunted off into a storyline with Hayman which appears to be taking place in a parallel universe where Hunter is a face and his oppression of the rest of the locker room is non existent.

It's so frustrating as every time it looks like the WWE train is back on track it makes an unscheduled stop in Crazy Ego Town (Mayor for Life Vince McMahon)

Looks like Vince and Hunter are out to bury everyone who has held a major title round their waist in the last 10 years. The constant squashing of Miz and Ziggler in particular is baffling. These guys should be the future and yet I have the feeling they will spend the rest of their careers jobbing to the same old faces until they get board.

Looking back on it, The Miz's title reign is eerily similar to that of Chris Jericho's Undisputed reign.

- Both won the title at the end of the year.

- Both were overshadowed by a return (Triple H and The Rock)

- Both were afterthoughts in their Mania main events.

- Both were shot down the card afterwards.

And remember, Chris Jericho was only a 1 time champion until he took a break and came back to 'Save Us'. From Mania X8 to SummerSlam 05, he was in entertaining fueds (Michaels/Christian), but he was never champion. Now I don't believe that Miz has as much talent in ring or out as Chris Jericho. However, I do think that he could rebound and be at the World Title level IF he could figure out his face character. I don't see him ever becoming a 2-time WWE Champion.

If I were booking the Miz as a face, I would write him as the funny smartass that outsmarts people. For some reason, they've made the decision that he should just be the same guy he was as a heel, i.e. an obnoxious guy that has shitty matches.

If I were booking the Miz as a face, I would write him as the funny smartass that outsmarts people. For some reason, they've made the decision that he should just be the same guy he was as a heel, i.e. an obnoxious guy that has shitty matches.

That's a really good shout. He'd be good as a face in the mould of Eddie Gurrero. That kind of face who pulls heel tactics on heels but does it playfully. WWE doesn't really have anyone like that at the moment and could definitely do with.

So, I watched the Triple H documentary the other day. The first half with him discussing his wCw debut, and going to WWE, the clique, everything up until his main event run is fantastic. But once it reaches him and Stephanie the thing just sort of becomes a love fest for how Triple H can never do any wrong, and is a great guy, great wrestler, actor, great producer and the perfect person to run WWE.

So, I watched the Triple H documentary the other day. The first half with him discussing his wCw debut, and going to WWE, the clique, everything up until his main event run is fantastic. But once it reaches him and Stephanie the thing just sort of becomes a love fest for how Triple H can never do any wrong, and is a great guy, great wrestler, actor, great producer and the perfect person to run WWE.

I find that to be the problem with all of these. The last 1/3 always feels rushed, glossed over and tinted with kayfabe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished the PPV. I am continually confounded by the booking of Daniel Bryan. I get the idea of a long build. And some people have an idea that this all comes together for Mania 30. But I have zero faith in this company to not panic between now and then.

The open triple threat tag was by far the best thing on the show. Roman Reigns continues to impress me every time I see him work. Nice to see the Usos get on the PPV as well.

The whole buildup of that match hardly even mentioned Orton. It was all about HHH and Daniel Bryan. Then they brought Big Show into the angle and didn't even use him on the ppv. I don't think they know what they are doing. I would have been happy if they left the title vacant a little longer to make a win seem bigger.