Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Elimination Chamber. Wanted to see two matches and one delivered. If this is then end of The Shield, that was one hell of a way to go out. Of all their many excellent 6-man tags, that may have been the best. It is one of those things where I know the ending, yet still bite on every false finish.

And then we have the chamber match, which I am generally not a fan of. Some nice spots, but once it got down to the final three, I knew exactly how it would play out. And unlike earlier, I didn't bite on anything.

I am really not looking forward to the Mania main event.

From a storytelling perspective, you would think that everyone would jump on the champion and make sure he is eliminated first. Especially since the champion almost always wins.

Sad to hear about Frazier. Not surprising, given his girth. But sad anyway.

Watched Elimination Chamber. Wanted to see two matches and one delivered. If this is then end of The Shield, that was one hell of a way to go out. Of all their many excellent 6-man tags, that may have been the best. It is one of those things where I know the ending, yet still bite on every false finish.

And then we have the chamber match, which I am generally not a fan of. Some nice spots, but once it got down to the final three, I knew exactly how it would play out. And unlike earlier, I didn't bite on anything.

Sheamus's brogue kick to Orton inside a chamber was cool. But yeah, it wasn't that great, and the ending was pretty terrible. The Shield/Wyatt's match got "This is awesome" chants before they even touched, and it did not disappoint.

Was listening to the Steve Austin podcast while at work today. His guest was William Regal. Austin asks about Regal's opinion on Savage/Steamboat WMIII. Regal then say (I'm paraphrasing here) 'It was great, until I talked to Ricky about it'. Then both kinda dropped it. I have never heard anything bad about that match. Just struck me as really odd.

Caught NXT Arrival. I was hyped for three matches going in and they all delivered to various degrees. Neville/Dallas was a relatively safe ladder match (contradiction of terms really), which is what I want to see in a ladder match these days. I don't want Hardys/E&C insanity these days. I expected Neville to do something flippy off of the really tall ladder, since they set one up. I'm glad he didn't. Wasn't a need.

Paige/Emma was a really good women's match. Shame that on the main roster they will never get the time they do now.

But the star of this show was Cesaro/Zayne. I think this was a better match than their 2/3 falls match. Cesaro is on such a roll right now and Sami doesn't look to have any rust from his knee. As of now, it is either this or the Wyatt/Shield tag for my match of the year.

And if they insist on doing a three man booth, Regal should always have a seat. He adds so much and is the best color guy in the company right now. Plus, Tensai is horrible and I do not wish to hear him anymore.

Watching Smackdown now...

I'm surprised the crowds have turned on Batista as much as they have. They are pulling the heel turn on him, and the crowd is not giving them much of a choice.

The problem is we now have two heels in the WrestleMania main event. Face vs. face matches are one thing, but heel vs. heel matches generally don't work (in my opinion) and especially don't work as the WrestleMania main event.

Who are the fans going to cheer for? How much is the crowd going to crap on this match? Are they going to have to turn Randy Orton face, or will they need to change the match and insert someone the fans will cheer?

So, TNA.

They wanted to put the tag titles on The Wolves before Lockdown PPV. All TV tapings leading up to the PPV were taped in the UK at the end of January. Ultimately they thought against such a move thinking it was too soon for the title win.

However, in an agreement with Wrestle-1 in Japan, a tournament had been set up with the winners getting a TNA tag title shot. The Wolves were scheduled for this event. The current tag champs (The Bro-Mans) were not. To fix this situation, the Wolves won the tag title at a house show last weekend. The Impact (tapped around 2/1) was then edited in such a way to reflect this change.

Now it turns out that the Bro-Mans won the TNA tag titles back after being a late addition to the Japan show.

Bless them for trying. Failing, but gosh darn it, they try.

I think there are alternate plans in place, according to Meltzer

Punk should be back Monday, probably to be inserted into the title match. Either that or face HHH but I don't think that Bryan should be changing priorities at this stage.

While I am sure part of Punk's frustration was his wanting to main event a Mania, that match doesn't sound very good. At least it gives the fans someone to cheer for.

I think Bryan/HHH with the stipulation of a win puts Bryan in the main event would be excellent, but ultimately difficult to promote.