• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been watching TNA these last few weeks. Destination X is always generally a good show and it is my yearly TNA check-in. And what they have been doing lately has been different. TNA has chosen to go the 'Mick Foley title win' route of advertising. As in, they have been spoilering themselves. This weeks episode was centered around one thing: Dixie Carter going thru a table. And all week they have been using hashtags of 'It Happened'.

And I don't know if I like it. I feel they went too far with the Dixie/table spot. The tease for next week by showing clips from 4 matches next week works so much better. Yeah, clips from the matches, but nothing important and nothing is spoiled. It is just a fine line to walk that I don't think it is wise.

Via the Observer

Alberto Rodriguez, better known as Alberto Del Rio, was fired today, announced as due to unprofessional conduct and an altercation with an employee.

Meh. I haven't been into him, at all, since maybe his Mania match with Edge. Character never evolved, I found his style boring and he was just a nothing on the show.

They're hoping around Royal Rumble, but with the various surgeries who knows. I'd love to see Bryan/Brock at Mania but there's also the ptoential scuttlebutt in that in seeming they want to make Roman Reigns the next guy, but I don't think he cuts it as a singles guy just yet.

One guy that has the character and crowd reactions to pull it off though I think could be Dean Ambrose.

Yeah, but they were mentally done with Bryan around Nov-Jan this most recent year until they realized the crowd was molten for Bryan. Him coming of a 9 month layoff I think is going to make him just as popular and ever, and I fear they could end up in a similar spot as last year but with Reigns in the role of Batista. The difference there is that while Batista is a guy near the end of his career, Roman does have some mileage to go. They could delay his coronation and still have him hot and let Bryan do his thing at Mania.

Or for all I know the reactions to Roman could end up getting much bigger and his performence could get worthy of Mania main event in the next 7 months (he's definitely improving in singles, he just has a bit more still to go).

I think mentally they're done with Bryan and going for Reigns/Lesnar at Mania.

I don't think they were ever mentally with Bryan. The entire Mania thing always seemed like a bunch of dominoes fell and Bryan was the one left standing. And I think this was the SummerSlam main event all along. Lesnar murderdeathkilling whomever happened to be the champion.

• 3 weeks later...