Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was only his second wellness violation.

He was fired for refusing rehab, which makes this all the more infuriating when I think about it.

I thought he quit cause he refused to go to rehab?

He essentially quit by refusing. If he didn't quit he would have been shoved, its basically the same thing.#

Umaga was apparently an addict and bookers who wanted him after his WWE stint noticed the symptoms. I can't fault WWE here, they offered the rehab and he refused, they can only do so much. It just that being a modern Pro Wrestler has inherent dangers, and addiction to painkillers is chief among these. Its tragic that this can still happen but it is a reminder that even with a drug policy and a degree of responsible after-care for their former performers, Wrestling is far from safe and clean. At least WWE does something about it, TNA doesn't run any kind of drug policy, which is sickening to me.

He also claims that the Andre slam was a shoot and that he used to work 400 days a year because he'd constantly cross the international date line like Superman.

This just in - Hogan's full of shit.

RAW barely pulls more than a 3.5 these days, and that's with a built-in audience, celebrity hosts, and millions of dollars in marketing.

Monday Night iMPACT isn't doing more than a 1.5.

He also claims that the Andre slam was a shoot and that he used to work 400 days a year because he'd constantly cross the international date line like Superman.

This just in - Hogan's full of shit.

RAW barely pulls more than a 3.5 these days, and that's with a built-in audience and millions of dollars in marketing.

Monday Night iMPACT isn't doing more than a 1.5.

I know, I read his book. The first one. Remember when on the third day, Hogan moved the rock for Jesus and said "Brother, we need to go out there! Brother! Cause it's Easter-Mania brother!"

Also, a 1.5 is what I'm expecting from TNA, though their last live show was fucking horrible to watch.

Source - Toronto Sun

Hogan's been hired to run TNA and is hoping to take a run at WWE's place on top.

"It's a creative executive position ... Jan. 4, we're going head to head with WWE," says Hogan. "We've got to pick a fight. I don't know what's going to happen that night. If we get bodyslammed by WWE, we'll get back and go at them again.

"What we have now is the writers telling the wrestlers what to say and do. I'm coming in to push the writers aside. Sure, they still have to make it flow and block time.

"If the wrestlers need a writer to tell them what to do, they can pack their bags and go north to WWE. Writers don't have a feel and instinct for the business. They've never been in the ring. If I can't make it work, I'll pack my bags and leave.

Way to commit there, Hulkster.