Random wrestling thoughts

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Bret Hart has signed a short-term talent contract with WWE that will go into effect on January 1st, 2010, and expire a couple weeks after WrestleMania 26. This makes it very possible that he will be guest hosting the January 4th edition of WWE Raw when it goes head-to-head with TNA Impact. Additionally, Bret could feasibly make further appearances for WWE if his contract is in fact as long as the report indicates.

Also:

As we reported just moments ago, Bret Hart has signed a short term talent deal with WWE that will go into effect on January 1st, 2010.

At this time, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Hart is expected to debut with the company as the special guest host of Raw on January 4th, which of course goes head-to-head with TNA Impact that night.

Additionally, it's being said that Hart's talent deal does not expire until April 10th, 2010, and it is expected that Hart's work with WWE will not be limited to just one appearance as Raw's guest host. In fact, there is talk at this time of Bret possibly wrestling one more match, but that is simply speculation at the moment and nothing has been confirmed.

Source

Second source

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much does Ric Flair care about and believe in TNA? Well....

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that TNA and Ric Flair are very close to signing a deal. The issue as it stands right now is money, and it's being said that Flair wants a direct contract with Panda Energy as opposed to TNA just in case the company folds. If TNA were to fold and Flair was under contract with Panda Energy, then any monies owed to him in his contract would be paid on time.

Source

They loaned him money, and he put it up as collateral. He didn't pay it back, so they tried to sell it. Nobody is dumb enough to pay 75 grand for it. Now they are stuck with it, and are out whatever money they loaned Flair.

Makes sense.

Also, most belts cost around 2 grand to make today (That's what I hear TNA paid for the Legends/Global belt to be made) so, why would someone get it, when they could just get a replica that looks the same, but is twenty times cheaper.

Maybe that's just me though.

Also, the plan in TNA right now is for Hulk Hogan to form a group with Dixie and Kurt against Jarrett and Foley.

Make no sense? Welcome to TNA.

Yup. Chairs to the head, perfectly legal, but nutshots are taking it too far!

There have been some nonsensical "Dusty finishes" in wrestling, but this one takes the cake. It's difficult to wrap my head around how mind-numbingly stupid this one is.

Spoony raised a great point - what if you smack someone in the groin with a steel chair? Is that legal?

Has anyone seen Jake Roberts: Pick your Poison?

I got it from Netflix last week. I was unimpressed with the fact that they held on to kayfabe way too much, especially regarding the de-fanged cobra biting Randy Savage on the arm. (My nephew was at the event. I kept scanning the crowd on the DVD trying to find him, but didn't see him. We used to have an old WWF Magazine where you could see him clearly in the crowd.)

Nonetheless, I thought it was an excellent look into his career. It is really to bad that this guy was so over, and was such a big star for such a long time, and threw it away with substance abuse. As big of a star as he was, he could have been bigger. So much wasted potential there. So many years of his life wasted. That's been repeated so many times not only in pro wrestling, but other areas as well. Len Bias was a lottery pick in the NBA draft and could have been a perennial All Star. He threw it away for a cocaine high and he died.

So sad. So utterly preventable.

So, I didn't change the channel after NCIS ended and RAW started. I lasted 5 minutes. Johnny Damon as guest host? Fine, I guess. DX & a midget in a courtroom skit? Bad. It will either last all night long or be a good 20-25 minute chunk at some point, but I still do not change the channel. Someone in a tiger costume being chased around by a lady with a golf club? Yeah, channel is changed.

At this point, mainstream wrestling is made purely for the enjoyment of the people making it, and no one else.

On Jan. 4, I sincerely hope that either WWE or (more likely) TNA gets completely destroyed in the ratings so one of them is forced to make a good product.

Tommy Dreamer has quit the WWE.

Also, mainstream wrestling is just one giant circle jerk for the people writing the shows, as Dubs said, but I added the circle jerk stuff.

Also, WWE will kill TNA in the ratings as they'll have Bret Hart, who hasn't been in front of mainstream fans in years, since his HOF induction.

Seeing as I'm here: TNA is in talks about chucking the six sided ring, which if true, means that they truly are WCW in 2000.

Watching Raw, anyone wanting links, you can PM me.

The Tiger Woods bit was so fucking stupid.

You know who I hate as a face? Melina.

Wow, Kofi has fallen really fast. Also, if WWE wants to make Ted DiBiase, then their doing a bang up job f-ing it up.

Little peoples court, erm, if WWE want to appeal to....anyone, don't ever do this shit again.

Anyone else notice all the in jokes and out of character stuff that's been going on lately on Raw? It's weird to hear an announcer say that a voice in his ear is telling him to say something, or when you hear them talking to each other during a segment because nobody turned their mics off. During the Slammys Jillian and whoever she was out there with actually talked about what they were about to do out of character in front of the mics. It's like Vince doesn't care about production anymore.

Mike Tyson is hosting on January 11th. I can't wait to see that clusterfuck.