Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lot of TNA is filmed out of order, and they have two more days of tapings to fill. Not saying it'll make sense, just saying that Jarrett might yet face Kennedy on the same show that the match was booked.

I really want to make a joke about that implying TNA makes sense......

TNA director of production talks to fans at impact last night

It isn't as bad as it was made out. Guy still comes across as an ass to me.

He says please don't try to distract the talent, this was the same night, fans chanted "You are married to AJ" also, production woman, who works cameras, was booed, I liked that, as TNA is shit with camera angles.

That used to be ROH, but even they've gone downhill as of late.

CHIKARA and PWG are the only two feds I really follow anymore.

What is wrong with ROH? I haven't followed for years now so I really have no idea.

And all I remember of CHIKARA & PWG are that they were light-hearted fun. But again, I haven't followed in years.

That used to be ROH, but even they've gone downhill as of late.

CHIKARA and PWG are the only two feds I really follow anymore.

What is wrong with ROH? I haven't followed for years now so I really have no idea.

And all I remember of CHIKARA & PWG are that they were light-hearted fun. But again, I haven't followed in years.

Yup. That's why I follow them. They remember that wrestling's supposed to be fun and don't spend three hours insulting you.

As for ROH, they can still put out good matches, but they've totally changed their business model. Their roster is pathetic now. They've resorted to bringing in guys like Sylvan Greiner for shows. Booking team has changed. I could go on forever.

That's why it's amazing. To say something like that shows a complete lack of understanding in regards to the situation.

TNA may be owned by Panda, but at some point Panda will realize they are wasting their money and try to sell it. It's common business sense.

Buying TNA in the first place defies all common business sense. They've been bleeding money for seven years now. Dixie Carter doesn't have anything resembling a clue, and as long as guys like Russo and Hogan are there to manipulate her, she'll keep wasting her father's money. That's why they call people like her "money marks".

It took them five years to do so, and that was before they had to pay for Hogan, Flair, and the rest of the fossils. Without Panda, they wouldn't exist. Period.

Your right, they wouldn't exist, I think they lasted two months without Panda when they started. However, like with Sting and Kurt Angle, we don't know if Spike is helping pay the contracts of Hogan and his cronies. Flair, is being paid by Panda, that's clear, seeing as he doesn't think fuck all of TNA.

TNA started making money around the time they started running a couple of years ago. With the susequent house shows doing far less business I doubt they are still making money. The bill for their bigger stars is footed by Spike for the most part though, so I don't see those acquisitions hurting too much unless the ratings stay low, which they did last Thursday. A 1.2 for Hogan's second week is pathetic, the only thing they can do is start putting out a well written engaging product. I'm no gambler but I'd bet heavily on that not happening.

TNA started making money around the time they started running a couple of years ago. With the susequent house shows doing far less business I doubt they are still making money. The bill for their bigger stars is footed by Spike for the most part though, so I don't see those acquisitions hurting too much unless the ratings stay low, which they did last Thursday. A 1.2 for Hogan's second week is pathetic, the only thing they can do is start putting out a well written engaging product. I'm no gambler but I'd bet heavily on that not happening.

1.2 is a fucking joke, showing that what TNA doesn't need are shitty stars, but what they do need is to actually put on a fun, enjoyable wrestling show. Which is what they were doing a few years ago, before they got primetime. The shows made a little sense and were actually fun to watch, was everything great, no, but atleast it wasn't a complete fucking joke.

More spoilers. Better than the week before, but still some glaring stupidity.

Orlando Jordan defeated Jay Lethal with a Flatliner. WHY IS ORLANDO JORDAN EMPLOYED!?!

Brian Kendrick and The Motor City Machine Guns defeated X Division Champion Amazing Red and Generation Me in a six man tag match when Kendrick pinned Red after a kick to the head. The Machine Guns had Red beaten and Kendrick made a blind tag. After the match, Kendrick, Sabin, and Shelley argued. So the Machine Guns are heels... again.

Amazing Red was in the ring and the British Invasion came to the ring for Rob Terry to cash in his X Division Title Match Feast or Fired briefcase. After some discussion between the members of the British Invasion, they decided to give Doug Williams the briefcase and use it for the match against Amazing Red.

Doug Williams defeats Amazing Red to become the new X Division Champion with Chaos Theory. Red was unable to overcome Williams who overwhelmed Red despite a valiant effort. I like this a lot, actually. Williams is the best of the three by a mile, and maybe this opens the door for him to break away.

After the match, Rob Terry appeared to be angry about what just happened in the ring.

D'Angelo Dinero defeats TNA World Heavyweight Champion A.J. Styles with a small package in a non-title match. What. The. Fuck. This is stupid on about a hundred levels.

After the match, Flair and Styles attacked Dinero but Samoa Joe came to the ring to help Dinero and made the save. Joe and Dinero cleared the ring of Styles and Flair. Joe got a mic and said that A.J. got rid of everything for a cheap suit and some hos. Joe tells A.J. that he will teach him a lesson at Against All Odds. Samoa Joe will face A.J. Styles for the TNA Heavyweight Title on February 14th at Against All Odds. Joe is a face again for no reason.

Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff come out and they call out Mick Foley because of his attack on Eric Bischoff last week. Mick comes out and he says that he wishes he attacked Bischoff but he did not do it. Foley said that if he attacked Bischoff, he would have been taken out on a stretcher. Foley calls Bischoff a liar. Hogan tells Foley and Bischoff that they need to work it out or Foley needs to walk out the two. Foley and Hogan had a stare down. :mellow:

The Beautiful People defeated TNA Knockouts Champion Tara and TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions Hamada and Awesome Kong in a six woman tag match. The referee was distracted by Tara and Lacey brawling and that allowed Madison to hit Hamada with the Ugly Stick to get the win. Hamada deserves better. Good to see Kong is back already after knocking out Bubba the Love Sponge.

After the match, Kong chased Velvet to the back. Lacey and Madison attacked Tara and Hamada until Angelina Love came out to make the save and Lacey and Madison left the ring.

Kurt Angle comes out and he says that his match with A.J. at Genesis was the match of his life. Angle then says that A.J. disappointed him, the guys in the back, and the fans because they agreed that they would prove who was the best at Genesis. Angle calls Styles a 'punk ass bitch'. Angle mentions the match he had with A.J. last week and then he calls out Angle wondering if A.J. really believes that Flair cares about him. Angle mentions that he has a qualifying match for the tournament at Against All Odds and Angle says that he will will the tournament and he will take back the title to prove that he is the greatest in the world.

Hogan comes out and he calls out Angle for spitting in his face last week. Angle apologizes and he shakes hands with Hogan. Hogan leaves the ring and then Scott Hall and Sean Waltman attack Angle. Angle fights back against Hall and Waltman until security comes out and separates them. Hall and Waltman leave the Impact Zone. :mellow:

TNA World Tag Team Champions Matt Morgan and Hernandez defeated Team 3D to retain the titles after Morgan hit the Carbon Footprint on Ray. The Nasty Boys interfered during the match when Team 3D was preparing for the Wassup Head butt and pushed Devon off the turnbuckles while the referee was distracted.

After the match, the Nasty Boys attacked Team 3D once Hernandez and Morgan left the ring. Hernandez and Morgan returned to chase off The Nasty Boys. There was a stare down between Team 3D and the Champions and they eventually shook hands and Team 3D gave Hernandez and Morgan their title belts back. 3D are faces again for no reason.

Mr. Anderson defeated Brutus Magnus with the Mic Check.

TNA Knockouts Champion Tara defeated Angelina Love with a roll up to retain the Knockouts Title.

Velvet and Lacey came out and attacked Tara and Angelina. Tara and Angelina took care of Lacey and Velvet. Tara and Angelina then shook hands in the ring.

Kurt Angle defeated Tomko with an ankle lock in a Qualifying Match for the Tournament at Against All Odds.

1.2 is a fucking joke, showing that what TNA doesn't need are shitty stars, but what they do need is to actually put on a fun, enjoyable wrestling show. Which is what they were doing a few years ago, before they got primetime. The shows made a little sense and were actually fun to watch, was everything great, no, but atleast it wasn't a complete fucking joke.

TNA's peak in my view was the fox ports and online-only era. Samoa Joe vs Styles vs Daniels and a stocked X-division meant that we were getting the best matches to ever grace the impact zone. There are 6 and 8 man tags from that era involving Aries, Strong, Dutt, Williams, Joe, Daniels, Styles, Shelley, Sabin etc, those were the most fun I've had watching a wrestling TV show in years. The Jarrett-centric feuds on top were shit and they were messing up Monty Brown bad but at least the match quality was there. Abyss was still a monster. The Mexican and Japanese talent were coming in. TNA was putting on the best PPV's in the business.

TNA's peak in my view was the fox ports and online-only era. Samoa Joe vs Styles vs Daniels and a stocked X-division meant that we were getting the best matches to ever grace the impact zone. There are 6 and 8 man tags from that era involving Aries, Strong, Dutt, Williams, Joe, Daniels, Styles, Shelley, Sabin etc, those were the most fun I've had watching a wrestling TV show in years. The Jarrett-centric feuds on top were shit and they were messing up Monty Brown bad but at least the match quality was there. Abyss was still a monster. The Mexican and Japanese talent were coming in. TNA was putting on the best PPV's in the business.

I really liked Abyss then, he was like the guy who would challenge for the title as a serious threat, but wouldn't win it(A fucking DQ is how he got the belt off of Sting)

Also, from the impact spoilers, Jay Lethal will be sacked, and the rest seems like extreme car crash TV. They had a mystery attacker just two weeks ago, and now they are having another will.

They think having the pope pin AJ will make him better, but he lost to Jordan last week, so it just makes AJ look really weak.

Also, Joe claims to be number #1 contender, why because he is. He's done f-all of interest in TNA for over two years, and has been put down the drain and is a nobody now, so who the hell cares.

All in all, these next two weeks of impact look awful.

--Awesome Kong gave notice to TNA on Tuesday night. Keep in mind that wrestlers quitting TNA happens all the time and 80% of the time or more they get talked into staying.

Yeah, well, I hope she stays, shes one of the few things TNA have done right in the past few years.

And by done right, I mean not fucked with too much.

Maybe back in 07, when they were trying to get away from the steroid stigma. Now? I dunno. If Mickie James is "fat" to them, then Kong is going to get buried pretty quickly. They suck at booking monster heels anyway.