Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TNA doing mondays is good. Even if in public Vince regards them as a joke, he'll still push and try harder to humiliate them and keep their viewer ship down.

I don't see Joe leaving soon because he prefers the lighter schedule, as do a lot of TNA guys. More people got to TNA from WWE than the other way around, and its not because the money is better, its because they like the number of dates they work.

Or some more Punk/Joe matches. That could rule.

Where they'd have Punk beat him in three minutes.

They wouldn't use Joe the way we'd want them to use Joe.

Very true. Of all the top level indy talent out there Joe made the best choice in not going to WWE. He might be a bit misused in TNA but at least he's Joe and at least he gets to work great matches.

I'd have loved to see Joe working Cena back in the day but I'm happier to see him as a pillar of the opposite company now. Plus Joe isn't the most resistant to injury so a WWE schedule would not be his friend. Plus he gained a lot of weight in the last year when he was being mistreated, I'd hate to see what would happen to him in WWE.

I like Jerry Springer WWE Style :D

Mr. Blanchard, what you've just typed... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Mr. Blanchard, what you've just typed... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Hey it was better then some of the other guest host ideas in the past. Remember I haven't watch WWE in a while. At least they kept Santino from talking the entire time.

Hey it was better then some of the other guest host ideas in the past. Remember I haven't watch WWE in a while. At least they kept Santino from talking the entire time.

I remember watching Santino live last year. Considering how mediocre the crowd reaction was when he entered the ring, he did a great job of winning them over.

Has something drastically changed about the guy since the last time I watched him, or is it just that his gimmick just getting a bit stale? From what I’ve seen, he’s pretty great at cutting a promo.

Santino is great in small amounts. They are doing us all a favor by keeping him out of the ring for the most part.

Anybody else thinking during the Kelly Kelly part that they were taking a jab at her many real life relationships in the locker room?

I think they have a quota on how many times a year they have to bring out Mae Young. Unfortunately, she's not going to get the respect she deserves from the WWE until she dies.

Which ones. I can't think of anything that I've sen in the WWE that stupid in a long time, and quite frankly I think Santino is hilarious.

I don't see Joe leaving soon because he prefers the lighter schedule, as do a lot of TNA guys.

I don't think he could do the full WWE schedule if he wanted right now. WWE wouldn't want him unless he lost weight first.

He's back to his working weight, he's not the Samoa Joe that we got around the MEM period. He's worked hard to drop that excess.

Tiffany is naked in Playboy.

The moon orbits the earth. Some things don't change.

Guest DCAUFan1051

The best thing I ever saw with Santino was when Stone Cold sprayed him with the Beer Hose. After that he was wayyy too much. I agree with Jack thank god WWE is giving him less ring time.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I have a problem with that, in that the Daniel Bryan photo is an old one and the writing under the photo doesn't match up. Given that the chatter at the bottom indicates that the format supports 8 people I think something is up with his participation in this. Maybe he's going straight to the top roster?

Here is the original photo that's been 'shopped into the lineup-

e5d73157c3_52579114_o2.jpg

Cool to see Joe Hennig get a shot, he's a good worker and he's been down there a while.

NXT press release

WWE NXT DEBUTS ON SYFY

STAMFORD, Conn., February 16, 2010 – World Wrestling Entertainment and Syfy today announced the next generation of reality television with the debut of WWE NXT, Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM ET/PT on Syfy.

WWE NXT is a hybrid live event/reality show featuring eight well-known, popular WWE Superstars (“Pros”) mentoring eight WWE “Rookies.” These Rookies, who are learning the ropes, are athletes who epitomize pop culture and personify strong attributes – they are opinionated and aggressive – which means inherent conflict between Rookies and other Rookies, conflict between Rookies and Pros, as well as, conflict between Pros and Pros. The trials and tribulations of the WWE NXT cast ensure action-packed, innovative entertainment – WWE Style.

“Once again, WWE will bring something entirely new to the television landscape as WWE meets reality TV,” said Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, World Wrestling Entertainment. “As we introduce this brand new franchise exclusively on Syfy, WWE NXT will have a completely different look and feel from our other WWE television programming.”

“Syfy is excited to continue our partnership with WWE, Vince and his team with this innovative live event/reality show,” said Syfy President Dave Howe. “This is a unique combination of heart-stopping entertainment and gritty behind-the-scenes reality. The NXT Rookies take the challenge of our new tagline ‘Imagine Greater’ to heart as they embark on their ultimate dream quest to be the next generation of revered heroes and champions in the fantastic arena of the WWE.”

Press release says eight, maybe Danielson goes to a main brand to relieve the veterans who are going to nxt.

Depends who the people are, if it's a guy like Dustin Rhodes, Finlay, Regal or any other of the midcard vets doing the teaching, I'd be happy with it, someone with good fundamentals who's been around the block to teach the new guys is always a good thing.

Depends who the people are, if it's a guy like Dustin Rhodes, Finlay, Regal or any other of the midcard vets doing the teaching, I'd be happy with it, someone with good fundamentals who's been around the block to teach the new guys is always a good thing.

The problem is that there's 9 guys, and outside of those three, there aren't a ton more good vets to do the teaching.

Fuck, Danielson and Ki have both been wrestling over a decade. If they have someone like Cody Rhodes come in and do a speech saying "you gotta pay your dues", it's going to look ridiculous.