Random wrestling thoughts

I read on the Oratory that apparently Dragon is getting saddled with Miz as his coach. Don't get me wrong, I love Miz, but he is everything Dragon is not. The only way this works for me is if they play up their differences to have a feud on the main roster once NXT is over.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris Jericho as the mentor for Wade Barrett

Matt Hardy as the mentor for Justin Gabriel

MVP as the mentor for Skip Sheffield

Carlito as the mentor for Michael Tarver

Miz as the mentor for Daniel Bryan

Christian as the mentor for Heath Slater

C.M. Punk as the mentor for Darren Young

R-Truth as the mentor for David Otungs

What a fucking joke. Miz and Carlito as trainers? Apparently Low-ki, Hennig, and DiBiase are off the show entirely. Maybe it means they can skip this and just get on the roster already. More than likely, they're being "saved" for next season. What bullshit.

MVP as a mentor? It seems to me he needs one of his own first. Like someone to tell him to shut the fuck up in interviews.

Oh, and WWE missed the boat on the second generation stable when they decided not to bring the other DiBiase and Henning into it. Also, not giving them the tag belts. They could have had a stable of young, cocky heels holding most of the belts and running Raw. Instead, they ended up with a group that spent all their time jobbing to Cena.

Could be that they have ideas for Legacy beyond Orton leaving. If that's true then you want Henning and Dibiase for that after Mania. Very annoyed that Ki isn't getting that shot though, unless they are bringing his straight up.

Legacy is going to split, and DiBiase will turn babyface. WWE actually spoiled it on their own website last month.

"Another Superstar who is now on a quest for singles success is Raw's Ted DiBiase. Without Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes at his side, this third-generation Superstar will be looking to prove what he is capable of. Can this former tag team champion finally win one for himself?"

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/5675.html

They could bring in Henning and Ted's brother and have them kick him out I suppose, but I doubt they will do that.

The original plan was for Ted to be the babyface in the split, but that doesn't mean anything since they change their mind every few weeks.

Recently they've been hinting at Randy in that role, and if they keep putting him against Sheamus, the fans will turn him.

The original plan was for Ted to be the babyface in the split, but that doesn't mean anything since they change their mind every few weeks.

Recently they've been hinting at Randy in that role, and if they keep putting him against Sheamus, the fans will turn him.

I was going to say, it doesn't matter what they do right now, if they split Randy will go face. Plus now that Marine II has been out for a while the reason to turn Ted is gone (Babyfaces sell movies apparently).

I reckon a mania match between the three Legacy members with Orton winning resulting in the new legacy of the Dibiase brothers, Cody Rhodes and Joe Henning delivering a beatdown and providing the newly face Randy with some opposition for a few months. Its also a better way to elevate Ted since he'll be a strong heel leader who can hopefully move up the card from just being Orton's lackey.

If they turn Orton face, which I'm not convinced they will, then I see some big changes coming after Wrestlemania and the lottery. There is no way Raw can sustain Cena, HHH, possibly HBK, and Orton all as babyfaces. I would love to see a Cena heel turn, but since they would lose merchandise money if they did that, it won't happen.

PWInsider.com is reporting that Vince McMahon made the call to have Ezekiel Jackson go over Christian last night on ECW because he felt that Jackson needed the momentum boost heading into Smackdown more than Christian did. There were several people on the WWE creative team that felt the final ECW show should have had a happy ending with Christian retaining the title, but Vince felt otherwise.

PWInsider.com is reporting that Vince McMahon made the call to have Ezekiel Jackson go over Christian last night on ECW because he felt that Jackson needed the momentum boost heading into Smackdown more than Christian did. There were several people on the WWE creative team that felt the final ECW show should have had a happy ending with Christian retaining the title, but Vince felt otherwise.

Whatever. History will judge if Jackson was worth it. This wasn't the death of ECW anyway, that was when this version started. Everything since then has been a death rattle.

I just think why would being a champion for twenty minutes be worth anything. At least it means Christian will probably be in MITB now.

Being the Last Champion has some value. Rhino was pushed in the WWE as the Last ECW Champion for the first year or so he was in the company.

Yes, but Rhino was brought in as an unstoppable monster, from the start. Also, he had Paul Heyman calling most of his matches and making his finished a household name. Does Jacksons finisher even have a name yet?

I just think why would being a champion for twenty minutes be worth anything. At least it means Christian will probably be in MITB now.

Being the Last Champion has some value. Rhino was pushed in the WWE as the Last ECW Champion for the first year or so he was in the company.

Yes, but Rhino was brought in as an unstoppable monster, from the start. Also, he had Paul Heyman calling most of his matches and making his finished a household name. Does Jacksons finisher even have a name yet?

They can change up his push for the main show. Sheamus wasn't a monster on ECW, he had a competitive feud with Goldust, it wasn't until Raw that the unbeaten gimmick reared its head (Goldust beat him, just not by pinfall). So litte of Raw or Smackdowns audience watched ECW that it hardly matters. He shows up, squashes some guy, give his finisher a name and you've got a monster.

What I'm saying is, Rhino got over because Paul Heyman sold him on the commentary, which is something we can't see anymore.

Cole: I tell you Jackson is a monster.

King: He certainly is.

Cole: Now for the smart, sexy and powerful divas!

He has Regal guiding him, which is a good thing, but he's one of the members of ECW I don't care about where they go right now. I'm more interested in what happens to Yoshi Tatsu, who I really hope doesn't get fired.

What I'm saying is, Rhino got over because Paul Heyman sold him on the commentary, which is something we can't see anymore.

Cole: I tell you Jackson is a monster.

King: He certainly is.

Cole: Now for the smart, sexy and powerful divas!

He has Regal guiding him, which is a good thing, but he's one of the members of ECW I don't care about where they go right now. I'm more interested in what happens to Yoshi Tatsu, who I really hope doesn't get fired.

Don't get me wrong, they've no-one right now as good as Heyman at promoting someone on commentary, and by no means do I think that Jackson is a great prospect right now.

I'm far more concerned with Yoshi and Goldust.