Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it was decent. They kept Criss Angel minimised, they had a good promo segment to open, did a great job building to the Tag match at Mania, had an unusually good womens match (Kim & Fox were great this evening) and the main event was a good old-school WWF attitude era angle. Evan Bourne got into Mitb too.

I'll grant that HHH vs Sheamus still isn't interesting and Legacy Explodes seems designed not to draw a fan reaction, but there was good on this show.

Rob Van Dam lasted two minutes in TNA before he became just another loser in the company.

He beat Sting in five seconds, and then Sting beat the crap out of him with a bat, Hogan tried to make the save, while RVD was still getting beat up by Sting. The segment ended with Hogan getting hit with the bat once, and the announcers saying how bad Hogan is hurt. Totally ignoring that RVD got hit like half a dozen times.

Don't you just love TNA?

I was appalled by that. I know they want to get Sting over as a heel (for the 15th time now in this creative teams history) and this might be the one time its started working, but RVD was MAD OVER right then, he should be having his ECW style matches, weapons-fests, plenty of posing for the crowd and some great spots. TNA literally turned the shows newest biggest hottest name that isn't going to jail soon and fucking RUINED him.

TNA literally turned the shows newest biggest hottest name that isn't going to jail soon and fucking RUINED him.

Rob Van Dam has signed with TNA. Wonder how long it will take till they squander him. I mean, they ruined Jeff Hardy, and he was only there for ten minutes.

I'd claim you were prescient, but frankly a blind gibbering idiot with no greater sense of the world than the damp rusty steel cube he's occupied in some sick maniac's basement for the last 40 years could still have told you that Vince Russo is less qualified to write a wrestling show than Gary Glitter is to run a pre-school.

For the record, it was 50 seconds from the moment RVD's music hit to Sting attacking him with the bat. 50 FUCKING SECONDS.

Fire Russo, and fire anyone who set that scenario up.

I'd claim you were prescient, but frankly a blind gibbering idiot with no greater sense of the world than the damp rusty steel cube he's occupied in some sick maniac's basement for the last 40 years could still have told you that Vince Russo is less qualified to write a wrestling show than Gary Glitter is to run a pre-school.

You know I can't argue with you, when your right Stavros! Damn you!

For the record, it was 50 seconds from the moment RVD's music hit to Sting attacking him with the bat. 50 FUCKING SECONDS.

Yes, TNA really fucked up there. The fans were going crazy for RVD, and this is how TNA repaid the fans. Also, you'll notice that segment was more about Hogan being hit with the bat ONCE, than it was about RVD getting belted several times.

Fire Russo, and fire anyone who set that scenario up.

That will never happen, sadly. TNA thinks what they are doing is right, and that there is always a reason behind the crap they put on every week.

The best thing about TNA going to Mondays is that they'll go out of business faster.

But I like about 80% of their guys! These are people who deserve jobs and international exposure! TNA has almost everything right barring someone backstage who can go near a computer keyboard without defecating on it and calling it that weeks script.

TNA falls, another rises in its place. That's how the wrestling business works.

They will never fire Russo. There is no hope.

I mean, fuck, at least it took WWF a couple months to ruin RVD.

TNA falls, another rises in its place. That's how the wrestling business works.

There are no guarantees. Its taken TNA years to get this far, if they fail what other company is going to pop up with a sugar-daddy to finance their run to the top?

Just because there hasn't been a significant period in wrestling history where WWE was the only big wrestling product it doesn't mean that it won't happen.

if they fail what other company is going to pop up with a sugar-daddy to finance their run to the top?

I say the best bet is ROH, which is slowly getting itself in position to replace TNA.

I mean, fuck, at least it took WWF a couple months to ruin RVD.

The problem with this statement is that Russo would take it as a compliment. Which is what he did when someone asked him about having sixteen minutes of wrestling in a two hour show. Also, WWE gave RVD victories over main eventers like Kurt Angle, Y2J, The Rock and Stone Cold in competitive matches, TNA made RVD look like a cheater who blind sided Sting, and therefore, is incredibly inferior to him, and therefore, inferior to Hogan.

TNA should fix their shit directors backstage and the booking team. Years ago, TNA looked like the alternative to WWE, now it is a crappy WWE wannabe.

Where has TNA gotten exactly? It was a dead company until they got a money mark behind them, and years later, after signing every single guy that's ever been fired from WWE, they're still pulling the exact same rating that they did in 2006.

I'm with you in terms of the boys being able to provide for their families and all that, but as far as presenting a wrestling product that I want to see? Fuck em. If you'd told me back in 2000 that there would be a wrestling company with Kurt Angle, Sting, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Mick Foley, and some of the best in-ring talent in the world, and that somehow it's the worst television show in the history of the industry, I wouldn't have thought it possible.

if they fail what other company is going to pop up with a sugar-daddy to finance their run to the top?

I say the best bet is ROH, which is slowly getting itself in position to replace TNA.

It's possible, seeing as they have the exact opposite strengths and weaknesses as TNA right now.

ROH has really simple booking with an extremely brand roster and no money.

TNA has tons of cash, the best wrestling roster (on paper) in the country, but no clue how to use them.

It's possible, seeing as they have the exact opposite strengths and weaknesses as TNA right now.

ROH has really simple booking with an extremely brand roster and no money.

TNA has tons of cash, the best wrestling roster (on paper) in the country, but no clue how to use them.

That's why I think ROH will be the company to replace TNA, when Vince picks up the company for a couple of million, for the video library.

Where has TNA gotten exactly? It was a dead company until they got a money mark behind them, and years later, after signing every single guy that's ever been fired from WWE, they're still pulling the exact same rating that they did in 2006.

Good point. I guess I feel like any other company that had moved up the TV schedules like TNA would be making progress and therefore rewarding their loyal performers. TNA however has somehow slouched towards the Bethlehem of primetime on Monday nights without creating any larger fan interest whatsoever.

As an experiment, I'm going to go through TNA's roster page and list the performers that interest me, not taking into account how they're booked.

AJ Styles

Angelina Love

Motor City Machine Guns

Red

Kendrick

Pope

Daniels

Nigel

Doug Williams

Young Bucks

Hamada

Hernadez

Homicide

Jeff Hardy

Kiyoshi

Angle

Matt Morgan

Beer Money

Angle

RVD

Joe

Sarita

Okay, now let's do the same for WWE.

Christian

Maryse

Evan Bourne

Kofi

Yoshi

Shawn

Jericho

Punk

Mickie

Harts

Morrison

Mysterio

Danielson

That's TWICE the talent in TNA, pulling half the rating. Fuck, that's depressing.

EDIT: Make that one third. Ratings just came in.

Raw - 3.4

Impact - 1.0

They were doing better on Thursdays. The stupid fuckers.