Round 3

Gotham Central

Views from the Longbox

Batgirl to Oracle: a Barbara Gordon Podcast

Starkville House of El

Spiderman Crawlspace

Superman Homepage Radio K.A.L.

The Forcecast

The Unknown Regions (This is relatively new, and focuses on the Star Wars Expanded Universe)

Crossroads: a Supernatural Podcast

World's Finest Podcast

Earth-2.net the Show

Bigger on the Inside

Mike and Niki Make a Podcast

Dread Media

• 6 months later...

Updated list of what I listen to now, after dropping a ton of crap I used to just listen to out of habit.

Most of the E-2 stuff

Wrestling Observer Radio

Bryan and Vinny Show

Karl Stern Show

Figure Four Daily

Wrestlecrap

Tha O Show (probably dropping this soon)

Gootecks' Street Fighter Podcast (when he decides to update, last show was JULY)

Wake Up Shoryuken

Distorted View

Adam Carolla Show

Penn Radio Archive

Point of Inquiry

Skeptoid

Skepticality

Night of the Living Podcast

Uncanny X-Cast (might be dropping this too)

Writing Excuses (very occasionally)

Megaran Show

Coverville

Used to listen to tons more gaming shows, but all the good ones died. Definitely looking to get into more science and writing shows to fill the void.

It’s been a while. I still listen to so many.

Giant Bombcast

In This Thread (1up)

Ben & Derek’s totally random show

Irrational Behavior

The Geekbox

iFanboy – Pick of the Week

Non Canonical

Radio Lab

Stuff You Should Know

The Moth podcast

This American Life

NPR: Planet Money

Rum Doings

And a couple of others that rarely update.

Current array of regular non-earth-2 podcasts

Figure 4/WO stuff

Collings and Herrin

Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana

The Bugle

7 Day Sunday (Andy Zaltzman, Chris Addison and Sarah Millican ie perfect for Bugle fans)

Mark Kermode & Simon Mayo's Film Review

Media Talk from The Guardian

Politics Weekly from The Guardian

As It Occurs To Me

Wow, I kinda feel bad now. I listen to most of the E-2 podcasts and that's it.

You should feel bad. Not listening to a wide variety of podcasts makes you a bad person.

Na, to be honest Earth-2 puts out so much stuff that you could justify never listening to anything else, if you wanted. I just like to mix in wrestling, comedy and current movie reviews too.

Guest TFG1Mike

I'm so engrossed in creating/hosting Podcasts that I rarely listen to any at all. I still make time for WFP & BITD.

As far as non E-2 stuff:

Radio Free Cybertron

It Figures

That New Toy Smell (Video)

iPhone Docked

All Gen Gamers

Chicken Pop Pod

I guess my ego has gotten the better of me all the rest is my own stuff lol. Which is kinda very sad.

Thought I'd update what I'm listening to alphabetically:

Adam Carolla Show-only select episodes now. It gets old when me, who's only been listening for four or five months has now heard every story Carolla has told about his past. He's not a very good interviewer either. I'm probably dropping this soon.

Alex Jones Show-yeah, he's a fucking lunatic but I'm researching something and it's perfect. I listen usually for about a half hour out of 3 hours and skip to the next podcast after he starts to get too repetitive. I'm also starting to think that this guy is actually Bill Hicks doing an Andy Kaufman thing.

Aw Yeah Podcast-Art and Franco just bullshitting. Some funny stuff, some not so funny or informative stuff. But they're lovable characters.

Better in the Dark-Duh. Best movie podcast online.

Bloody Good Horror-I listen to most episodes unless they're covering something I want to see. I like their perspectives.

Caustic Soda-Toren from the Darkest of the Hillside Thickets and a few friends BSing about stuff that's taboo. Their latest episode on decapitation is brilliant.

The CHUD Show-Not enjoying the live shows but when the three guys are in the room together? Puntastic magic. one of them has quit though so I'm probably going to drop it.

Cinemaslave-I wish this came out more often.

Comedy and Everything Else-Jimmy Dore, I've come to realize, might be the only comedy journalist podcasting right now. The guy is a genius and hilarious.

Comedy Death Ray Radio-The podcast by the guy behind pretty much everything ecent at Funny or Die. And it's great.

Comedy Film Nerds-Not too funny and the film talk isn't enlightening. I may drp this if it doesn't get better.

Creative Screenwriting Magazine-on hiatus? I listen to select episodes.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History-If I had a history teacher like Dan Carlin, I would be a historian right now. The guy is the best researched podcaster I've come across. His three parter on the eastern front of WW2 deserves an award. Brilliant.

The Dark Hours-Probably the best produced horror podcast onnline. Grey does a great job even though I disagree with pretty much every opinion he has.

Dead Lantern Podcast Network-I only listen to the flagship Splattercast. It vacillates between intelligent talk and dick jokes so fast it's hard to appreciate sometimes. They're probably the only people form the old guard of horror podcasting worth listening to.

Destroy the Brain-I wish this came out more often.

Distorted View-One of the very first podcasts I ever listened to. Still awesome.

DJCC-Tom bleeds these episodes out. I love how each one feels like it's been so meticulously put together and yet feels spontaneous at the same time.

Doug Loves Movies-Doug Benson's podcast is the perfect combination of comedy and film podcasting. The latest episode with John Lithgow may be the best single podcast episode I have ever listened to.

E-2:The Show-Loving that wftt is back in full swing. I hope 1IS comes back more regularly as I think that Preston does a better job than I ever did. Another one of the longest running podcasts I've listened to. Love the comic coverage.

Film Junk Podcast-still pretty new to this one but I find it charming. Some of it gets boring and long but still fun.

Fitzdog Radio-Greg Fitzsimmons has a perspective a lot like Carolla's but is a wayyyy better interviewer and also seems to get better guests lately. Zach Galifinakis and the chick from the Dixie Chicks together on a two parter? Brilliance.

The Hollywood Saloon-Glad these guys seem to be back on track. Probably the best informative film podcast on the web. A little snobby at times.

Hometown Tales-I'm not sure I've listened to a full episode in 6 months. I'm probably dropping this.

Horror Etc-Love these guys. The intelligence of Hollywood Saloon, the camaraderie of BITD, and they cover horror.

It Came from the Basement-Not a fan of the beat-by-beat plot rundown stuff but these guys do it drunk. Fucking awesome. They get around the awful Skype background noise by having punk rock play in the background. Dig it!

Mail Order Zombie-I consider this a sister podcast like I do BITD. Brother D has been an important person in my podcasting history and he has an amazingly well-produced podcast that probably tops Dark Hours on that end. Plus he is one of the nicest guys on earth and it comes through in his show.

Mondo Movie-Maybe the best genre movie podcast.

The Nerdist-again, some episodes I don't listen to but Hardwick is funny, nerdy and a great interviewer.

Never Not Funny-One of the consistently funniest podcasts out there. The free version anyway.

Nobody likes Onions-Improved since Patrick moved to LA. A revolving cast of cohosts, one of them I absolutely hate. But the others are great.

Onion Radio News-The Onion + one minute audio news reports + several times a week = awesome. Another podcast I've been listening to for ages.

The Paracast-At one time the greatest paranormal podcast online, probably still is. But it has started to really suck since one cohost left. It has become about giving loonies a place to spout bullshit and their feet are never held to the fire. The new regular cohost is so fucking smug I will probably drop the show.

The Pod F. Tompkast-the greatest comedy podcast in the history of comedy podcasts. Paul F Tompkins, while not my favorite stand-up right now, has cracked the code. A perfect mixture of one-sided inanity (including a long rap on Uatu on the latest episode), conversations with fellow comedians, recorded skits and recorded live performance has defined what comedy podcasts should be. If this was weekly I would drop half the casts I listen to. Two times a week and I'd drop them all. Unfortunately it's only once a month.

Radioactive Pen-Keith Latch's new writing podcast. I'm a little biased seeing as the whole first episode is dedicated to stroking my ego but Keith has a unique perspective on writing that I'm hoping to discover more of.

The Rock and Roll Geekshow-Again, the occasional episode.

Rue Morgue Radio-The first podcast I ever listened to. It's a bit of a shell of its former self since Chris Alexander left and they added a news portion and a music segment which focuses solely on goth shit. I pretty much only really listen from habit now.

The Scare-ning-just started listening to this so I haven't fully formed an opinion but Stacie is brilliant and hilarious so i think I'm in it for the long haul.

Screamwave-Loving it. Wish it was more regular. They pick interesting films.

Skeptoid-The host is a smug fucker but there is some really interesting stuff here.

Word Balloon-the longer John waits to interview Bendis again, the better. I can no onger stand the sound of that guy's voice. He is the most self-righteous windbag in the industry. I love John's interview style though and only wish he'd distance himself from BMB a bit. But I imagine that he's his meal ticket to getting other great Marvel interviews.

Writing Excuses-A great writing podcast when they aren't talking about comics. They don't know a thing about comics but feel the need to talk about them "intelligently" once in a while. Urgh.

WTF with Marc Maron-Another comedy podcast which is uncomfortably personal. The guy is shameless and I love it.

Wow. That took an hour.

• 5 months later...

Time for an update, as I'm listening to them daily now.

A couple of the Earth-2.net ones, WFP, MTTM, E2TS (sometimes).

The Age of Persuasion - Terry O'Reilly explores the countless ways marketers permeate your life, from media, art, and language, to politics, religion, and fashion

Dr Karls Podcast - Talks science and how things work

Freakanomics - The guys from the book talk about shit

Intelligent Investor - Australian investing discussion

Motley Fool Money - Investing based podcast

Motley Fool UK - UK version of the above

Nerdzilla - Local community radio geek/nerd topics

Things You Missed in History Class - Really entertaining history topics from the howstuffworks mob

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd update what I'm listening to alphabetically:

Doug Loves Movies-Doug Benson's podcast is the perfect combination of comedy and film podcasting. The latest episode with John Lithgow may be the best single podcast episode I have ever listened to.

The Hollywood Saloon-Glad these guys seem to be back on track. Probably the best informative film podcast on the web. A little snobby at times.

Never Not Funny-One of the consistently funniest podcasts out there. The free version anyway.

Gave these a go based on your recommendation. Listened to the Facebook Hollywood Saloon ep and have to say it's quite possibly the single greatest podcast I've listened to. Not so much from a content point of view, but from a production stand point, it was out and out amazing. Clips from the movie, interviews with writer, director, etc.

The NNF episode with Conan was fantastic.

The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana - I like how Colt says how this is a life podcast. While the focus is on wrestling/wrestlers, these people lead such interesting lives that I cannot say I have heard a bad episode. (Granted, I passed on the Iron Sheik appearance.) I mean, who would have thought that Fetus would have been such an entertaining guy?

The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana - I like how Colt says how this is a life podcast. While the focus is on wrestling/wrestlers, these people lead such interesting lives that I cannot say I have heard a bad episode. (Granted, I passed on the Iron Sheik appearance.) I mean, who would have thought that Fetus would have been such an entertaining guy?

That sound pretty damn entertaining! I met Colt Cabana at an indie show once and he was a lovely guy.

Podcast update:

Most all Earth-2 ones (even Shake & Blake!!)

The Ecclectic Podcast/Black Dog Podcast/Panel Talk/Cinematic Dramatic from GeekPlanetOnline

Answer Me This!

BBC History Magazine

The Bugle

CultureCast from Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums (where I used to work)

Fighting Talk

Stephen Fry's Podgrams

Talking Shit with Jim Jeffries and Eddie Ifft

Waffle On Podcast

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...