The Apple Inc. Thread

Guest TFG1Mike

My Sony MP3's screen cracked, meaning it's pretty worthless now, and broken. So, I'm going to get a new iPod in a few months, I'm wondering if I should get a classic 160GB, or shell out an extra £40 for a 32GB touch. I can't get an iPhone as they are still contract only right now. I'm wondering as I don't know if I'd use the touch's gimmicks after ten minutes.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

My Sony MP3's screen cracked, meaning it's pretty worthless now, and broken. So, I'm going to get a new iPod in a few months, I'm wondering if I should get a classic 160GB, or shell out an extra £40 for a 32GB touch. I can't get an iPhone as they are still contract only right now. I'm wondering as I don't know if I'd use the touch's gimmicks after ten minutes.

While The Classic is awesome if you have a large library. I actually prefer the Nano. You can get that currently at 8GB and 16GB. I Think that it's only a $50 difference in the models, but I can't be certain offhand. Plus you can choose from 9 different colors, if color/design matters to you. Holy crap I just realized the iPod Nano = The Lantern Corps!!! All The Colors are there:

AppleiPodNanoColorBleed.jpg

So Suave if you are looking for having the most available space then the Classic is what you should get.... if you are looking for style and personality then the Nano is what you should get. Hope it helps. Also I believe the Red and Orange ones are Apple online store exclusives, but I can't be certain. It's either Red and Yellow or Red and Orange.

I really don't think I could manage with less than 30gb of storage, even with 80 I'm struggling to find space. The nano is a nice size but if I were to go with anything these days it would have to be the touch or classic. Up to you if you think that the touch's extra features are worth it, I'm still on the fence. I really want one, its just a matter of exactly when I'm going to get it.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I really don't think I could manage with less than 30gb of storage, even with 80 I'm struggling to find space. The nano is a nice size but if I were to go with anything these days it would have to be the touch or classic. Up to you if you think that the touch's extra features are worth it, I'm still on the fence. I really want one, its just a matter of exactly when I'm going to get it.

I mainly use the nano for music, I'd say that I've got about 20 playlists with maybe 30-900 songs. I think there's only 1 playlist with 900 songs that I have though. However if your wanting video as well as audio I agree with ya Stav touch or classic is the way to go. However if your just doing music and podcasts nano 16GB should be enough.

I mainly use the nano for music, I'd say that I've got about 20 playlists with maybe 30-900 songs. I think there's only 1 playlist with 900 songs that I have though. However if your wanting video as well as audio I agree with ya Stav touch or classic is the way to go. However if your just doing music and podcasts nano 16GB should be enough.

I've got around 50gb of music and podcasts on my classic before I even hit any video. And that's with me deleting podcasts I've listened to once a month.

Its 5272 songs, or around 41 days worth of listening. I agree its more than you'd reasonably need, but I've got plenty of albums I haven't put on there.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the Nano is that, I agree they look nice, I had a 16GB MP3 and I always had that near full. Also over here it's only a £50-£60 difference between a nano and a classic.

If I did get a Nano, I'd go for the red one.

I've decided just to get a nano. Sadly the red one is Apple exclusive, and I can save £10 by just going through Amazon, and use the saving to buy something from my wishlist.

The only question now is, do I go for Green, Blue or Silver?

• 4 weeks later...

The "iPhone 4."

gallery01-20100607.jpggallery03-20100607.jpg

Features video.

Pricing and availability:

• 16GB for $199
  • 32GB for $299
  • The iPhone 3GS is dropping to $99.
  • Comes in White or Black
  • Available June 24.
  • Current iPhone users whose contracts expire anytime within 2010 won't have to wait to upgrade; they'll just add the extra 24 months onto the existing contract.

"FaceTime":

• Video chat. Works only between iPhone 4s, and only through Wi-Fi.
  • Can work with either the back camera or the new front-facing camera.

"Retina" display:

• New 960x640 display is 4X the resolution of the current iPhone, and is actually slightly above what the human eye can perceive.

Other New Tech Specs:

• Bigger battery
  • Thinner than the 3GS.
  • New steel siding acts both as a support structure (allowing the phone to be thinner while still being strong) and an antenna, supposedly giving it a much greater reception
  • Metal side buttons.
  • Topside microphone for noise cancellation during phone calls
  • 5 megapixel camera, with HD video capture up to 720p
  • New iPhone-based iMovie (full video editing) app will be on the app store for $4.99

Well, I know what I'm getting this Summer.

Guest TFG1Mike

See, I'd be anti-Apple as well, but they deliver quality products, so I don't care.

I don't mind following the evil Empire, because their Star Destroyers are awesome.

So all we need now is James Earl Jones behind the curtain at all apple events to replace Steve Jobs' voice... awesome! lol

I really want one of these. I miss iPhone!! time to start saving up... hopefully I can get one by the end of the year.

I've realised that I'm well and truly an anti-Apple fanboy these days. I have the iPhone 3GS and it's good, but the company and blind love fanboys have turned me off anything they churn out. They are Microsoft 2.0 as far as I'm concerned.

No that's Microsoft whose fans are anti-Apple by proxy.

I've realised that I'm well and truly an anti-Apple fanboy these days. I have the iPhone 3GS and it's good, but the company and blind love fanboys have turned me off anything they churn out. They are Microsoft 2.0 as far as I'm concerned.

No that's Microsoft whose fans are anti-Apple by proxy.

Who admits to being an Microsoft fanboy? (excluding Xbox ones, who wouldn't really compete with Apple).

I'm anti MS, anti Apple, still pro Google.

I have nothing but respect for the Apple marketing machine, because at the end of the day that's what it is, oh and this guy.

The argument for Apple I guess is what is more important, creating something, or taking another creation and perfecting it. They've made mp3 players better, smart phones better, etc, but behind that they also have a couple of fascist market places that they run (app store and itunes).

If they would just be honest and say "we don't support Flash on the iPhone because it would eat in to our app store profits" I'd be happy, but they spread this 'unstable' line that is just rubbish. It also shows they don't understand their market as well, most people will still download apps in preference to browser apps because it's easier and hey, it's only 99c.

Gah!

See now, I think iTunes is brilliant. It took a piracy-laden, stagnant music industry and made it better for both the artists and the consumers. And while the app store has certain limitations on what can or can't go up, it's got so many amazing possibilities that ultimately I don't mind. I mean, it's not like it's really hurting the consumer in the end; it makes things a thousand times easier.

As for the Flash thing, there actually is no mobile version of Flash that works very well. So it's not necessarily Apple being imperialistic; it's Adobe simply not having a version of their product to offer anyway.

The way I see it, Apple just has too many positives for me to sit there and whine about the negatives.

To say that iTunes is anything but a positive thing is ridiculous.

I follow the music industry. I used to follow it even more closely before I had kids. Almost every economist and industry analyst I've ever come across has said that iTunes saved the music industry. It brings the consumer closer to the artist and is essential for artists not as savvy as the NINs and Radioheads of the world to be profitable in this weird time for the music industry.

I'm a pessimist so I see iTunes as more like a temporary bandage that will eventually be impossible to rewrap before the industry bleeds to death.

Fascist. Right. :rolleyes:

I own the tracks I buy. I can do whatever the fuck I want with them. True, you couldn't before. But that was when they were still checking to see if the model would work. It does, brilliantly. So they made it even better.