Deadpool

JackFetch

I hope this is a big comeback for Ryan Reynolds. I've always liked him, and he seems to be cursed in some really bad movies where he tries his damndest but can't get above water in having the bad scripts drag him down. If this is as personal as it appears to be for him, I really hope this is a smash hit.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Who's that chick he's having sex with? Doesn't look like Morena Baccarin

Pretty sure that's her with shorter hair.

I have never enjoyed a Deadpool comic. I don't understand the appeal. That, however, is a movie I am going to see the fuck out of.

I don't get it either, but that trailer is just great. There is even a remote possibility that I might see the movie at the cinema. Although its more likely that I'll wait till it shows up on a movie channel somewhere.

I'd rather watch this trailer on loop for 2 hours than watch the new Fantastic 4 movie.

I'm slow, it just occured to me that the "Don't make my super suit green and animated" line was totally a shot at Green Lantern, so we get Wade breaking 4th wall even before he gets his powers.

The rumor is that the studio is fast tracking a sequel because of Fantastic 4's failure at the box office. They already have the date set aside and Deadpool can slide right in there. I think they are desperate for a new cash cow that doesn't have X in the title since they are losing Hugh Jackman and the X-Men series is set for another reboot soon.

Deadpool is hard to do a sequel for, because what makes him great is how he plays off of other characters.

Unless Fox is willing to fold Deadpool into the greater X-Universe, the character's mileage is limited.

And this comes from a guy who loves Deadpool's supporting cast and villains. I'm thrilled we get Weasel and Blind Al(!), but unless they do T-Ray (Sure) or LL&L (no fucking way) in the next movie, they're in a shitty place.

The director has already teased Cable for the sequel.

We kind of wanted a straight-man to play against Colossus. We thought about Cannonball, but he would’ve been a stupid hick character, whereas the guys wrote Negasonic as this deadpan goth teen, which was a great angle. She turned out really well. There aren’t really many definitive Deadpool villains, apart from Cable. If we don’t put Cable in ‘Deadpool 2,’ I think we’ll be run out of town on a rail.