Deadpool

JackFetch

There are a couple things that you can tell were just thrown in to connect to the X-Men universe without actually thinking about it. How he got his powers for instance. I wanted to yell "that's not how mutant powers work!" The opening credits were some of the most original I've seen in awhile. Stan Lee should just stop doing cameos because he's never going to top this one. The funniest scene to me was Deapool trying to beat up Colossus. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the theater this afternoon to see something else, and the line to get into Deadpool was the longest I've seen in years. This movie is the real deal.

Also, there were a lot of kids in that line. Like, little kids. The idea that comic book movies are automatically okay for kids is about to be disabused real quick.

That was exactly what it needed to be. Oh my god, that was wonderful. Deadpool trying to beat up Colossus on the freeway was probably as close to comics as any moment I've seen in a Marvel movie. 

And yeah, it was hilarious, which I never doubted, but the fact that they inserted that genuine pathos into the character is what pushed it beyond forfor me. 

I lost my shit when Bob: Agent of (Not) Hydra showed up.

Edited by Preston

Also, I gotta talk about Colossus. 

The original trilogy of X-Men films kinda made him a nothing character. This, however was perfect. Pure Pete. He's this big, hopeful, good hearted dude, and he's legitimately everything I wanted out of the character on the big screen. Sure, he was kind of a doofus goody-two shoes, but that's the character!

The love story was completely unnecessary and the resolution made the plot completely pointless.

Deadpool spends the whole movie worried his girlfriend won't be attracted to him because he's ugly now, so he spends the entire movie trying to get cured of his ugly. Then it turns out that his girlfriend has no problem with being ugly, making the whole pursuit of the antagonist completely pointless.

It was genuinely funny at times. I can see why so many people like it. I personally didn't.

I think the whole love story/anxiety was not only harmless within the confines of the movie's tonal rubric, but also really predictable. To hang the largest criticism on that...I, I dunno man.

I could totally see how people would not like this movie, but that's not a reason I'd agree with rationally.

• 1 month later...