Bruce Wayne, a Republican?

Skyle

- Consumed by fighting villains, some of which are global terrorists. (Republican)

- Entangled in an endless war. (Republican)

- Anti-guns. (Democrat)

- Anti-capital punishment. (Democrat)

- Pro-homosexual marriage.* (Democrat)

- Covertly spies on everyone. (Republican)

- Subverts the justice system. (Republican)

- Gives to charity, including his own: Wayne Foundation. (Democrat)

- Believes in rehabilitation. (Democrat)

That's five for the left and four for the right. However, his actions regarding crime seem to outweigh his other stances, giving an extra point to the Republicans. Now we have a tie, which seems about right. He's the type of guy who isn't going to fall in line with one party or system; he's going to vote for who he thinks is best, no matter their political party.

* Allow me to explain why I believe Batman to be for homosexual marriage. His stance on family is simple: damn the rules and make your own.

"A republican stands up and goes 'I've got a really bad idea!' Then the democratic shouts 'and I can make it shittier!"

"What's the difference between a democrat and a republican? A democrat blows, a republican sucks."

But Wayne's parents were very charitable, I believe big supporters of health clinics (closer to universal healthcare) and always were about helping out their city.

Wouldn't Bruce be the same way? He's written to often be donating. He avoids weapons contracts so he seems very far from a war-hawk. He is a playboy so I'd imagine he'd HAVE to be pro-choice to avoid any love children ;). Economics wise I think he would have to have seen how flawed the "trickle" down effect would be in Gotham. During No Mans Land he infuriated at the lack of governmental help with Gotham.

I think he has to be liberal.

Now Batman may be a different story.