MLB

Guest TFG1Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
wooohooooooo the fuckin Rays lost now they can go back to the bottom of the AL East go Phillies!!!!

Why do you keep saying the Rays are going to fall into last? Do you forget they play in the same division as the Baltimore Orioles??

no I didn't forget that fact james but the rays have been there more then the O's minus this freakish year of course

wooohooooooo the fuckin Rays lost now they can go back to the bottom of the AL East go Phillies!!!!

Why do you keep saying the Rays are going to fall into last? Do you forget they play in the same division as the Baltimore Orioles??

no I didn't forget that fact james but the rays have been there more then the O's minus this freakish year of course

What?

Guest DCAUFan1051
What?

what do ya mean what james?

It's a statistical fact that The Rays have been in last place for a majority of their franchise history yes there have been those few years where they might have finished 4th or even third but never in the top 2 spots. Most certainly never AL East Champs this year was a freak accident it never should have happened.

I'm biased though because I'm a die hard Red Sox Fan. that's what I meant in the previous post. And yes I'm glad the phillies won in my opinion it would have been a tragedy if the Rays won because of their past god awful track record. And before you even say anything about the Red Sox having a bad track record there's a big difference in the 2 teams. The Red Sox have been around since baseball's inception the rays were created a little more then 10 years ago. So I will continue to hate on them all they are is a Folrida version of the now ex montreal Expos.

What?

what do ya mean what james?

It's a statistical fact that The Rays have been in last place for a majority of their franchise history yes there have been those few years where they might have finished 4th or even third but never in the top 2 spots. Most certainly never AL East Champs this year was a freak accident it never should have happened.

I thought you meant the Rays had been in the playoffs more than the Orioles, which I went "Huh???" at. I misunderstood. Sorry, but your sentence structure in many of your posts is very confusing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know we are only two weeks into the season, but damn. I thought this would be the year the Reds finally had an above average record. But the way the entire pitching staff has preformed, looks like we are headed for another sub .500 season.

Side note: I am really annoyed with the same 12 commercials every game. I might go insane by the all-star break.

The game is on May 12th (Wednesday) at 1PM. Only game either the Cubs or the White Sox play in town the two days I'm there before ACen.

Current plan is to bus all day/night Tuesday, check into the hotel as early as they can let me (they know I'm going to be there at 8AM) and then go from there. Hopefully will get a decent rest on the overnight bus. How much are tickets to the Cubs anyway?

• 1 month later...

Super bump!

How can the Cubs charge an entertainment tax when their fans are being anything but entertained at their mediocre games?

Braves start a stretch of 20 games in 20 days tonight. Ugh, that's brutally bad scheduling.

Reds have 3 games left of their 20 in 20. Seems to have worked out alright, but it can be brutal. I know it must be impossible to make a MLB schedule, but 20 in a row seems a bit much.

• 1 month later...

Visited Wrigley Field on Thursday. Reds beat the Cubs which is nice. And unlike when I visited MSG, Wrigley was a nice place to watch a game.

But more importantly, Joey Votto was ROBBED of an All-Star selection. Guy is only the best player on his team, top five in every major offensive category and playing a mighty fine 1st base. I understand Pojols. I understand Gonzalez. I can even understand Howard, even if it was a homer pick. But Omar Infante? WHAT THE FUCK?!

Visited Wrigley Field on Thursday. Reds beat the Cubs which is nice. And unlike when I visited MSG, Wrigley was a nice place to watch a game.

But more importantly, Joey Votto was ROBBED of an All-Star selection. Guy is only the best player on his team, top five in every major offensive category and playing a mighty fine 1st base. I understand Pojols. I understand Gonzalez. I can even understand Howard, even if it was a homer pick. But Omar Infante? WHAT THE FUCK?!

Omar Infante being selected has nothing to do with Votto. Charlie Manual wanted a utility guy in case the game goes to extra innings or someone gets injured, and Infante can play seven different positions. He's just playing the game to win it for the National League and get them homefield advantage in the World Series. Blame Bud Selig's stupid ass. They have three first basemen on the roster already. If anything, Votto should have gone over Howard. Hell, why is Arthur Rhodes going as the Cincy representative over Votto? Billy Wagner was snubbed big time, too. He's EASILY been the best closer in the NL this year.

Omar Infante being selected has nothing to do with Votto. Charlie Manual wanted a utility guy in case the game goes to extra innings or someone gets injured, and Infante can play seven different positions. He's just playing the game to win it for the National League and get them homefield advantage in the World Series. Blame Bud Selig's stupid ass. They have three first basemen on the roster already. If anything, Votto should have gone over Howard. Hell, why is Arthur Rhodes going as the Cincy representative over Votto? Billy Wagner was snubbed big time, too. He's EASILY been the best closer in the NL this year.

Trust me when I say I have a huge problem with the All-Star game in general. But playing the game to win? Yeah, I get that the winners league gets home field in the World Series. But if you were truly playing to win, then you wouldn't make switches just to get guys into the game. You wouldn't have pitchers pitch 1-2 innings. Like I heard on ESPN earlier this morning, who would you rather have on the bench, bottom of the ninth down by 1: Infante or the NL co-HR leader Joey Votto?

I am hopeful that Votto will win the last player in vote. I have also mellowed a little when I heard Scott Van Pelt on the way home say that Votto getting snubbed gets him name out to the public. Which is completely true. I would say most people don't know Votto because he has not reached Superstar levels yet. Hopefully this can help put him where he should be. Also, I have heard a lot of Votto for NL MVP talk which kind blew my mind when I heard it.

Also, Arthur Rhodes is not the only Red to make the All-Star team (B. Phillips and S. Rolen), and he deserves it plenty. He has only given up 4 runs all year (3 in last weeks Phillies game) for a 1.09 ERA (was 0.23 when he gave up his last 3 runs). I looked up Wagners stats and Rhodes' numbers are similar in everything except Ks.

You do know that Infante is statistically the best clutch hitter in all of baseball over the last four years, right? In roughly 275 AB with runners in scoring position and 2 outs, he's hitting like .370 since 2007.

Point is, Bud Selig and Co. urged Manual and Joe Girardi to put a utility guy on their rosters. NL has Infante, AL has Ty Wigginton.

I am really excited about Edinson Vólquez starting tonight. I am really hoping that he didn't come back from Tommy John too soon. If he can be the All-Star level pitcher he was went he got injured, it is like making a blockbuster trade without giving up anything.

This does pose somewhat of an interesting situation. The Reds have, in theory, 6 starters. Aaron Harang is on the DL, but should be ready in a week or so. Travis Wood has been great in his three games. Mike Leake has been awesome all year. Arroyo has turned himself into the ace and Cueto has finally turned that corner into realizing his potential. I know that Wood will be sent down, but Harang is by far the worst of the starters. I would really like to see a trade of Harang for some middle relief help.

I LOVE being this excited about baseball after the All-Star break. Year after year of losing can kill interest in a hurry.