MLB

Guest TFG1Mike

And the Reds clinch the central.

This is just awesome. I didn't expect it to happen this year, but I'll take it. Being a fan all my life, I must say that this is maybe the most fun I have had watching baseball. I didn't get to see them much in 90 when they won the series. I could only listen on the radio when they reached a one game playoff in 99. Being able to see almost every game this year had just been awesome. I really don't like their chances in the playoffs; just too many weak spots. But that doesn't matter now. I will just keep watching guys dump champagne on each other.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I hate ESPN (sometimes) & the Yankees (all the time).

The Texas Rangers just make it to their first World Series and all I hear is "how do the Yankees fix things in the off season?" Fuck that. We all know they will spend Monopoly money and get Cliff Lee, Jason Worth, Carl Crawford, and finance a scientist to build a time machine to get Babe Ruth back.

Can't we just celebrate the Rangers?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Going to be into this a bit more this year between the Jays actually looking like they might be able to go for a push (at least until May comes along) that and the James Money League (there's still 2 spots open, $50 buy-in. Get in while the getting's good)

• 2 months later...

I think I watched the ugliest defensive game ever.

Bases loaded. Two out. Pitcher batting. Two errors and three runs score.

Two outs. Batter strikes out. Everybody walking off the field. The third strike was dropped. No throw to 1st. No tag of the batter. Inning continues.

Runners on 1st & 2nd. No out. Catcher bunting. Throwing error leads to the ball going to the outfield wall. Two runs score. Catcher ends up on 3rd.

Runner on 1st. Two out. Reigning NL MVP batting. MVP hits a ball to the right field wall. Runner tries to score. Would be caught dead at home, yet the throw missed the cut-off guy, and the cut-off guys back up and the run scores.

Cincinnati 7 - Cubs 5. Cubs pitchers - 0 ER. Congrats Cubs, you still completely suck.

• 2 months later...

While at the gym this morning, I was watching ESPN, and this topic came up.

All I could do was shake my head, because I don't understand the pitcher's attitude about it. Baseball's a competition, and if Erick Aybar and his coach thought the best chance they had to win the game was to bunt, then so be it. It's a legal move. Screw this whole "unwritten rule" crap. If it isn't written, it isn't a rule. Sure, some things come down to etiquette, I get that. But this wasn't about etiquette, at all.

Ugh! Sorry, I'm just tired of reading / viewing stories about bitchy pitchers whining about unwritten rules.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased the MLB at bat app for the iPod. It has been five minutes. I love this thing. My AM radio just wouldn't come in without a high pitched buzzing sound. With this app, crystal clear audio and I am so very very happy.

Yep. Easily the best $14.99 I've ever spent.