The Graysons

JackFetch

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Stavros, let me get this straight, Smallville has nothing to do with Superman returns?

Oh my god, I feel so bad about that movie now, I'm going to go out and buy seventeen copies of Returns and write a nicely worded letter to Bryan Singer saying I liked the movie.

I'm not saying that Superrman Returns was a great and universally loved film, but Smallville had fuck-all to do with its lacklustre boxoffice.

Some believe 2006's "Superman Returns" was hurt at the box office because of the simultaneous TV show.

Who? Who believes this? Who thinks that ANYBODY confuses fucking Smallville with genuine big screen Superman? Why would that show drain the enthusiasm for something that is basically entirely seperate?

The same geniuses (genii?) who dreamt up the Bat-embargo. The WB are pretty damn clueless when it comes to handling DC properties, as is well established. Superman Returns was hurt at the box office because it was a bad film, which received bad word of mouth accordingly and yet WB decided to put it up against the massively successful Pirates of the Carribean franchise (as Sir Brosnahan wrote in a contemporary article on Earth-2).

Still, whatever the reason for its cancellation, I won't weep over the passing of The Graysons.

And suavestar, I rewatched Superman Returns a few weeks ago just to see if it's as bad as I remember it being. If you buy 17 pirated copies that suddenly fuck up after 45 minutes, then go ahead - you won't want to watch much beyond that anyway. If I were writing a letter to Bryan Singer, I'd thank him for "House" and compliment his directoral career, upto X2, before asking why he'd up and leave his successful CBM franchise to fail at making Superman.

And suavestar, I rewatched Superman Returns a few weeks ago just to see if it's as bad as I remember it being. If you buy 17 pirated copies that suddenly fuck up after 45 minutes, then go ahead

Wait, now everyone knows, if you buy sixteen copys of a film that fucks at forty five minutes then that's just a coincidence, but seventeen now that's just crazy.

Lets get that Green Arrow tv show going.

Oh hells no. I won't have them screwing with the one DC character I actually care about.

But thats the thing, go from Kevin Smiths run onwards cutting out some of the characters too big for the show and have the big mystery be where Ollie has been since his reported death. Street level hero complete with his son, sidekick, on/off girlfriend and a great selection of villians both costumed and not. This would be a great show, not teen orientated but prime-time targeted.

I'm not talking about Smallvilles weak-ass compound bow nancy boy getting his own show.

Well, yeah, it would work if we're all fantasy booking the thing and they do it exactly a certain way, but what has the WB done in the past.... oh ten years that makes you believe they'd be able to pull it off correctly? You're asking the same guys responsible for that weak version of Ollie to somehow put out a better one.

Well, yeah, it would work if we're all fantasy booking the thing and they do it exactly a certain way, but what has the WB done in the past.... oh ten years that makes you believe they'd be able to pull it off correctly? You're asking the same guys responsible for that weak version of Ollie to somehow put out a better one.

I have faith. Faith of the heart.

To be honest, I think the rest of the DC mainstays are bulletproof for the most part. You can fuck up Batman and Superman a million times at this point and it wouldn't matter, but guys like Dick and Ollie are a bit more fragile.

If they're just going to do another emo teen drama, I'd rather they don't do another show. If they wanted to do a street level crime series with someone like The Question, I'd be all for it, but seeing as the majority of the WB's audience is female, chances are we're not going to be happy with whatever it is they decide to put out.