Everything DC

JackFetch

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about 30 minutes into Justice League War, does the comic also make Wonder Woman into an idiot? "THIS ICE CREAM IS......... WONDERFUL!!"

Good grief.

I actually liked that bit in the comic (it felt more... genuine? ish? Almost like a Lynda Carter moment.), but the movie plays it a little differently. Actually, WW in that movie is horrible overall. I'm sorry, but no one shy of a psychopath is that gleeful (and prideful) about disemboweling her enemies.

• 1 month later...

The CEO of Warner Brother Pictures says a new DC film series will be announced soon.

"As for DC Entertainment, cross-studio collaboration to make better use of its comic book characters appears to have accelerated considerably since Mr. Tsujihara took over, in part because he eliminated some management layers. (He has not named a chief operating officer and did not replace Mr. Rosenblum and Mr. Robinov, choosing instead to divide up their duties and assume some himself.) Two new television shows are coming to the CW and Fox, including one based on the Flash and another on a young Batman, and a film series will be announced in the near future, Mr. Tsujihara said. It is expected to include a "Justice League" movie.

Who do you think it will be? A reboot of Batman with Afflec's version or someone else?

Doesn't matter what it is. They'll screw it up somehow.

You are aware that we're not that far away from The Dark Knight, which is better than anything Marvel's done to date, right?

Shit TDKR was better than most of what Marvel's done and still wasn't great.

Better is subjective. The Nolan films are more serious but the Marvel films tend to be better actual superhero films. Certainly the more irreverent tone of the Thor films fit the genre better than the genocidal city destruction of Man of Steel.

I also think the screwing up comment was directed at DCs ability to build a coherent universe, and before you scoff remember Batman Begins and Catwoman came out in the same year. Green Lantern died a death too, so far DCs record on the bigger picture isn't the best. We won't know for sure if they can do it until Men of Steel comes out.