Everything DC

JackFetch

Maybe it's because I like Aquaman. I am that nerd that defends him in fights when a group of people just laugh at him for just being able to control fish. I'll more than admit that I'm biased in that fashion. I'm just saying that the costume and make-up is boring at this point. If I see the movie and he's more than Underwater Drago, then hey, I'll be excited. I'm just getting so tired of seeing muted colors. You have a superhero who runs around in gold and green and one of the main aspects of his backstory is that he was blond and that was considered a curse. Embrace that. Primary colors are not scary. Don't be afraid of the higher shades of chroma. Audiences will not cringe that you decided to include things commonly associated with happiness in your film. Then again, maybe I'm just ignoring the signs that we're destined for Feldgrau Lantern.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen this one? I got it from Netflix a couple weeks ago.

Quite a departure from the comic story, but it was pretty good nonetheless.

Not as good as the comic book, though. Aquaman wasn't portrayed as strong as he could have been.

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis has a trailer.

If I have a complaint about Throne of Atlantis (and the last several DC animated movies, generally) it's the level of violence. I can't let my son watch it with me. Decapitations, dismemberment, all kinds of blood... cool for adults but not kid friendly at all. There's a time when this would have been R-rated.

And we're almost guaranteed that there will be some kind of universe reset toward the end of Flash season 1, a la Flashpoint. Some have theorized that that's how Superman and Supergirl will suddenly exist in the TV universe; something Flash does in the past slightly reboots everything.

Yeah, it's been hinted at (all but outright said) by producers and actors. The ramifications thereof are to be determined, but certainly it would be an easy way to suddenly have Superman out in public as opposed to now where people are still having trouble believing that super powers exist.

About that spinoff:

"I can tell you that it's going to be cool. It's going to be really cool. Our plan for it is that it's like the crossover [episodes between Arrow and The Flash] every week."

Source

So are they going to bring in new DC characters every week as guest stars? Will it be a time travel version of Sliders with super powers? I would watch the shit out of that.

• 2 weeks later...

How can they get their TV shows so right, while their movies suck huge wobbly ones?

FFS.

Right, I'll bite: which films are you talking about? Let's get to the nub of the problem so that this can be a discussion rather than continued random vitriol. I'm willing to debate this as I've probably watched all of those films for my role on this site. Likely more than once.

Please state which DC films you believe "suck big wobbly ones", confirm that you've watched them all the way through and state what you consider their main failings to be (the more specific, the better).