Everything DC

JackFetch

This came into my mind when watching an episode of Superman: The Animated Series a few years ago. (It hit my "on this day" page on Facebook today.)

When cranes randomly break and fall off buildings in Metropolis (for Superman to catch) why hasn't OSHA been doing the proper workplace safety inspections? What about the city building safety inspectors? Imagine the lawsuits over this.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it turns out that if you combine Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and Raiders of the Lost Ark and H.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Rice Burroughs and slather a huge coat of Marvel all over everything, you get Aquaman, the biggest, noisiest, gloriously dumbest movie I've seen in years, and it was an absolute blast.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

So it turns out that if you combine Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and Raiders of the Lost Ark and H.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Rice Burroughs and slather a huge coat of Marvel all over everything, you get Aquaman, the biggest, noisiest, gloriously dumbest movie I've seen in years, and it was an absolute blast.

Was it........outrageous?

On 12/22/2018 at 12:08 AM, JackFetch said:

The Titans finale

Hide contents

was just fan service that didn't do anything. It was cool to see Batman being a badass off the rails killer, but it was obvious from the start that none of it was real. The after credits scene though has me hyped for next season. Superboy is coming, with Krypto! 

Ugh.

Spoiler

Dream sequences are lame.

On 12/23/2018 at 8:56 AM, S-T said:

Ugh.

Reveal hidden contents

Dream sequences are lame.

Spoiler

The thing that gets me is that this episode did nothing to add to the overall story of the season. It was done purley for fans to wet themself over. If you stopped watching after last episode, you would be caught up on the story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, batguy10 said:

Image from upcoming "Justice League vs. The Fatal Five"

Cast also includes Kevin Conroy, George Newbern, and Susan Eisenberg reprising their DCAU roles. 

WOAH😲

Now this I didn't see coming. The question remains, are we getting Phil Lamaar, Maria Canals, Carl Lumbly, Michael Rosembaum, Michael Bean and Kin Shriner?

24 minutes ago, Donomark said:

WOAH😲

Now this I didn't see coming. The question remains, are we getting Phil Lamaar, Maria Canals, Carl Lumbly, Michael Rosembaum, Michael Bean and Kin Shriner?

Agreed! I definitely wasn't planning on watching this one, but after that sole image and the cast announcement I feel as though I am legally bound to. 

As for additional alumni returning; I doubt it at this point. For one they weren't listed in the cast announcement (though this could be to save their appearances for a surprise or because of limited screen time). But also, it seems as though the story will focus on the main three whilst introducing Miss Martian and Jessica Cruz (similar to "Superman / Batman: Apocalypse" reintroducing Supergirl, Barda, etc.).  I feel like they are worried that having J'onn J'onzz and John Stewart will overshadow their "semi-replacements".  However including the full original cast would be a pleasant surprise, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DC learned from their mistakes with Titans. Doom Patrol starts off really good. The characters are fleshed out well, and likable right off the bat. If there was anything to complain about I guess it would be seeing an older, doughy Brendan Fraser as a race car driver is a little silly. I know they don't have the budget for Marvel de-aging CGI but something would have been nice. Also, there are multiple sex scenes with nudity in this that I wasn't expecting from an actual DC show.

• 3 weeks later...