Everything DC

JackFetch

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Better question: how is it that we live in a world where we're getting a Guardians of the Galaxy movie before Flash or Wonder Woman?

We had a Howard the Duck movie before we had a Spider-Man movie. Release dates mean nothing if the product isn't ready.

• 7 months later...

Now this is interesting:

The Joker, Bane, Deathstroke, Darkseid and Lex Luthor -- the scariest and most menacing villains in DC Comics’ universe -- take center stage in a brand new full-length documentary from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) and DC Entertainment (DCE). The joint announcement was made today by WBHE and DCE.

Christopher Lee, who has played the villain more times than almost any other actor, will provide his unique voice as narrator. His roles in more than 200 films include star turns as Dracula, the Mummy and Frankenstein’s monster in Hammer horror classics, Count Dooku in Star Wars, and Saruman in The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit films.

In this new documentary film, the malevolent, sometimes charismatic figures from DC Comics’ hallowed rogues’ gallery will be explored in depth, featuring interviews with the famed creators, storytellers and those who have crafted the personalities and profiles of many of the most notorious villains in comic book history.

Production begins March 30, to coincide with WonderCon at the Anaheim Convention Center March 29-31.

Noted Geoff Johns, best-selling author and DCE’s Chief Creative Officer, “DC Comics is known for many things, but chief among them is the compelling, diverse and legendary society of super-villains who populate its universe. From the monstrous Solomon Grundy to the brutal Black Adam to the charismatic Sinestro, there is no single greater collection of villainy in all of fiction. These villains are hugely popular comic book characters in their own right and, quite honestly, many are often times more popular than some of our iconic super heroes.”

Jeff Baker, WBHE’s Executive Vice President and General Manager, Theatrical Catalog, added “The DC brand is enjoying a huge resurgence thanks to the entire leadership team at DC Entertainment which is driving opportunities not only for new theatrical properties, but for brand extensions as well. This new documentary will reinforce this evolving strategy and leverage DC assets across the entire studio landscape.”

Johns also reiterated that this year’s initiative will be a turning point for DCE. “It’s time we deconstruct these complex and sinister antagonists and celebrate the role they play as the engine and energy of some of the greatest storytelling in comics. 2013 is the Year of the Villain at DC Comics.”

On Saturday, March 30th, fans attending WonderCon are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite DC Comics’ villain for an opportunity to be featured in the documentary Fans can join DCE at WonderCon at booth 801 with filming to take place Saturday from 10:30am – Noon. To find out more about where and what time to meet in the WonderCon DC Entertainment booth, keep checking the DC Comics Facebook (Facebook.com/DCComics) and Twitter sites (@DCComics).

• 5 weeks later...

Hawkman is getting a parody before WB can actually do him for real.

Better question: how is it that we live in a world where we're getting a Guardians of the Galaxy movie before Flash or Wonder Woman?

We had a Howard the Duck movie before we had a Spider-Man movie. Release dates mean nothing if the product isn't ready.

If there is EVER a mainstream Hawkman movie I will eat my car. I am under no delusions about that ever happening.

The mere existence of this other artifact of cinematic artistry is what truly astounds me. Like, this is how far down the well these people are going.

And that is astounding to me. The guy doing all these is a massive fan, so that part I understand, but Hollywood's inability to even KIND OF get things right is spectacular. We keep hearing that WW's suit looks ridiculous and can't be done faithfully in live action. The picture on the right completely destroys that argument.

Also, boobs.

For that matter, how did Dick Wang decide to open his hooker basement filled with buxom Asian Beauties? What business loans did he have to acquire and how did he get out the word that asking for the secret sauce got you entry into it?

He took out a mob loan from Fat Boney. It's his accountant I feel sorry for, Regina Dicksonwang.

• 2 months later...

So it looks like we're getting World's Finest before a Justice League movie-

http://www.newsarama.com/18444-reports-batman-superman-movie-up-next-for-warners-then-fladssh-justice-league.html?fb_action_ids=10100538255044766&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%2210100538255044766%22%3A151165785080009}&action_type_map={%2210100538255044766%22%3A%22og.recommends%22}&action_ref_map=[]

This summer movie audiences met a new Superman. And in 2015, that Superman will meet Batman.

Both the Hollywood Reporter and the Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex are reporting that Warner Bros. is poised to announce Saturday during a panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego that the studio will be releasing a joint Superman/Batman film in 2015. The three main players in this year's Man of Steel - actor Henry Cavill, director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S. Goyer - are expected to return for this venture, which will be independent of a Man of Steel sequel.

THR reports who will play Batman is unknown, while Hero Complex adds it will unlikely be Christian Bale.

And according to THR, Warner has further fleshed out their superhero movie schedule with "tenative plans" for a Flash film in 2016 and Justice League film in 2017.

Stay tuned...

Well this is the way to do this, launch gateway films with the major characters and add others on later. Plus of all the other Leaguers I do think that The Flash is the most cinematically viable.

On the other hand, I really don't want Zack Snyder to be the man directing the first ever big screen confrontation between Batman and Superman. Can't we get someone good?