The Marvel Cartoon Universe

Guest TFG1Mike

Decide Your Favorite Cartoon  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm starting this thread because there are several x-men 90's threads and x-men eveloution threads but there isn't a dedicated thread to the overall 90's Marvel cartoons.

The Toon Disney Channel's Jetix block has started to air the Avengers 90's cartoon and Spider-Man Unlimited.

I had a question about the Spider-Man Cartoons. Are we to believe that the events of Spider-Man Unlimited are directly linked to the end of the 1994 Spidey cartoon?

Considering the 1994 cartoon ended with Spidey and Madam Webb going off to find Mary Jane. I just watched an episode of SMU and he says while webslinging "I'm happy I can do this as I did on earth." So does this mean Madam Webb dropped Spidey out of a time warp? Anyone have any ideas?

Mike: If I forgot any of the 90's marvel cartoons in the poll please edit it

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
As a rule, I hated 90s Marvel cartoons, but Spider-Man was pretty decent.

My favorites were Spidey 1994, X-Men, and Iron Man

Never liked the hulk cartoon have not seen enough of the Spidey Unlimited and never watched the Avengers. I did forget to put one in the poll Fantastic Four which I believe was 1994. I'm not sure if there was a Daredevil cartoon series I know he appeared in the 94 Spidey Series though

Their wasn't a daredevil cartoon.

To be perfectly offensive who wants to see a cartoon about a blind guy fighting crime and not getting into "Hilarious situations" ah Mr Magoo....

The Spider-man show was the all round best.

X-men had the best theme and characters.

The biggest problem and I've said this before about the X-Men cartoon was that they had that fucking Jubilee in it!

She's useless for Christ sakes!

Iron Man was a bit weak to me, Hulk was shit and I'm not even going to say anything about FF.

For all of the 1982 cartoons' faults (both Hulk and Spider-Friends), I love them both. If for no other reason than the voice casts were spectacular, they're heads and shoulders above all these later shows.

I never cared for X-Men. It was stuck trying to be as dark and gritty as Saturday morning censors would allow them to be... which was not very. It just made the whole thing seem really hollow to me.

So I guess I'm the only one who felt the 90's X-men was the best one. I don't know, but the 90's Spider-man never resonated with me as a kid. Even when I rewatched the series in college, it still didn't resonate with me. But the 90's X-men was good then, and even when I watch it now, it still owns.

I didn't watch the 80's cartoons, because frankly I wasn't old enough.

Yes, Spider-Man Unlimited was a sequel to the other Spider-Man cartoon. Madame Webb took Spider-Man to another dimension to find the real Mary Jane, who had been sucked into a portal of some sort.

I always got the impression that it was seperate from the '94 series. If it is a sequel, how did Venom and Carnage get out of the Dormammu dimension?

...I have the Fantastic Four series on DVD. The second season, after they switched animation studios, is actually pretty good. The voice actors are STILL the iteration I here when I read an FF book, too.

Spidey and X-Men were head and shoulders above it, but it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

I always got the impression that it was seperate from the '94 series. If it is a sequel, how did Venom and Carnage get out of the Dormammu dimension?

Were they the same Venom and Carnage, or were they the Venom and Carnage of that other world?

I'm pretty sure they were the Venom and Carnage of our Earth.