The Need For Speed Thread

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

I was originally just going to start a topic about the upcoming 11/18/08 release of the latest installment of the Need For Speed Franchise then I thought why not do the whole thing.

Below you'll find a list of all the NFS titles that have been released (mainly for PS, PS2, & PC):

The Need For Speed (1994)

Need For Speed II (1997)

NFSII.jpg

Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit (1998) my favorite at the time when it came out

NFSIII-HotPursuit.jpg

Need For Speed: High Stakes (1999)

NFSHighStakes.jpg

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed (2000)

NFSPorscheUnleashed.jpg

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002) my NEW favorite NFS game when it came out

NFSHotPursuit2.jpg

Need For Speed: Underground (2003)

NFSUnderground.jpg

Need For Speed: Underground 2 (2004)

NFSUnderground2.jpg

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005) My overall favorite of the entire series

NFSMostWantedBlackEdirion.jpg

Need For Speed: Carbon (2006) I had this game but only thing I can find is the case dunno where the CD is lmao

NFSCarbon.jpg

Need For Speed: Pro Street (2007) I tried this game and hated it

NFSProStreet.jpg

Need For Speed: Undercover (2008) LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GAME!!!!! looks just as good as Most Wanted

NFSUndercover.jpg

as I stated besides some of the games my opinions overall I like the NFS series Most Wanted is what I'm curently playing and will continue to play until Undercover comes out. I play these mainly on PC so Underground, Underground 2, and ProStreet I hated because the feeling and the controls with the keyboard were just wrong

What does everyone think of the Need For Speed Franchise???

You're missing V-Rally and I think one other one, but I'm too lazy to check.

Hot Pursuit was the only one I played a lot of. Even then, it's probably still only my #3 racing game on the PSone.

Looking at my shelf, I apparently own Underground, but I don't remember a single thing about it.

Guest DCAUFan1051
You're missing V-Rally and I think one other one, but I'm too lazy to check.

Hot Pursuit was the only one I played a lot of. Even then, it's probably still only my #3 racing game on the PSone.

Looking at my shelf, I apparently own Underground, but I don't remember a single thing about it.

I dunno DW I left out the portable games I was mainly going for the mainstream ones on the PC and other consoles and in doing my research for the thread on imdb I never saw a V-Rally maybe I should check wiki...........

this is what I found on wiki so according to this I don't consider it in continuity with the NFS Series:

Need For Speed: V-Rally 2 (1999)

Main article: V-Rally 2

V-Rally 2 (also known as Test Drive V-Rally for the U.S. Sega Dreamcast release and Need for Speed: V-Rally 2 for its U.S. PlayStation release) is a rally racing video game and sequel to V-Rally. It is succeeded by V-Rally 3. It was developed by Eden Studios and Atari Europe, and published by Atari Europe and Electronic Arts.

I never liked the Underground games a buddy of mine had them and the only thing I remember is the band Fuel having their song Quarter in it

ProStreet was more of a NASCAR type racing game.... as I said before I didn't like the game engine and the way the controls were on the keyboard

Carbon was an ok game .... Most Wanted has been the best since Hot Pursuit 2.....

One thing I forgot to add to the info in the original topic post is that the NFS series of games switch from day to night every year.

Take NFS: Most Wanted it's a daytime game meaning that's what they set the timeframe to be and the weather varies throughout the game between being sunny cloudy and thunderstorming.... then there's Carbon which is a night time game which was the release the year after Most Wanted. They also do this With Hot Pursuit 2 which is daytime and then Underground 1 & 2 are night time.

that's kinda weird but hey whatever they wanna do. I'm glad Undercover will be a daytime game

Guest DCAUFan1051
In continuity?

It's a racing game, not Crisis of Infinite Earths.

lmao- Underground 1 & 2 had continuity and the Underground games are even mentioned in Most Wanted.

Most Wanted and Carbon had continuity so there

ProStreet was all new though

The Point is I can't wait until I get UnderCover!!!!!! it looks sooo freakin cool

Guest DCAUFan1051
By that definition, none of the games that came out before Underground should be "in continuity".

But whatever, I'm not that worried about it.

ok I can agree with that other then the fact that NFS III: Hot Pursuit and NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 were connected because of a sequel game

and your kinda right about all the ones before underground but I liked the continuity thing from Most Wanted into Carbon it was cool... I was shocked but it was cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

from kotaku.com

Rumor: EA Sending Need for Speed to Junkyard

By Owen Good, 3:00 PM on Sat Dec 13 2008, 4,046 views

The Electric Playground's show on Friday reported that Electronic Arts has cancelled development of new titles in its Need for Speed franchise. An EA spokesman gave a generic response that did not dispel the rumor.

Electronic Playground did not name its source. Reached for comment, EA said: "We're working through a process on people, products, and facilities at EA and don't have any announcements today." That's no defense for a franchise that goes back to 1994, so, it sounds like something's up.

Need for Speed: Undercover released to very unenthusiastic reviews, to put it charitably. It was one of the titles named by analysts in this week's news that holiday sales would be sharply lower than expected, news that sent the publisher's stock into a dive. EA CEO John Riccitello said the company would cut titles from its "bottom levels of profitability," which exempts EA's sports catalogue.

EA-owned Black Box Studios is the home of NFS. But it also develops FIFA, NBA Live, NHL and others for EA. Correction, that is EA Canada. EA Black Box makes Need for Speed and Skate. Killing NFS would be a serious blow.

Need for Cuts [Electric Playground via 1Up]

Guest DCAUFan1051

well even though I haven't played Undercover yet but ProStreet should have been a bigger letdown then any of the other NFS games and the supposed rumor about them cancelling the series would definitely suck!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm getting a better video card today I'll edit this posting accordingly with my thoughts on Undercover but I did see the review that GameTrailers TV did those ppl suck!!! they said that with it being a daytime game the sun moves in weird ways and you can barely see the road when your driving into the sun.... Well I play most wanted daily and when I'm driving into the sun I can't see shit in that game either. Fucking Gametrailers lol :D

more to come later.........