Adventures of Superman: The Complete First Season, part one

RSS

Created in 1951, although it wouldn't air until the following year, Adventures of Superman was the first of its kind. While not the first actor to put on the costume, George Reeves, a former player in Gone with the Wind, was Superman in the mind of millions of baby boomers who watched him smile his way through scheme after scheme, gangster after gangster, rescuing Lois and Jimmy along the way. The man personifies Curt Swan's Superman to an extent that borders on frightening.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/m/adventure...-superman-01-01

Easy suavestar, the following run earned Dan the right to not be ridiculed for being old. Leave that to the rest of the forums. :)

And no, I didn't see this first run.

Well done, man. I'm not the biggest fan of Reeves and prefer my olden days Supes to be of the Fleischer variety but this was really well done.

This isn't limited to this series, but to the Superman story as a whole: Ma Kent makes his costume out of the blanket he came to Earth in, and it's totally impervious to fire and acid and all that, but she can cut and sew it with a pair of scissors she gets at Woolworth's?

These were woolworths own make and let me tell you, they could cut a can in two like theirs no tomorrow!

Oh and dam you Dan for that run line!

It's every inch a kid's show, but it's fun if you can get yourself in that mindset.

Thats never been my problem.

I know little about this series, so the inclusion of an ape-based conundrum is a definite hook to me checking this out.

Ape-Based Conundrum = awesome band name

It's every inch a kid's show, but it's fun if you can get yourself in that mindset.

I know little about this series, so the inclusion of an ape-based conundrum is a definite hook to me checking this out.

I am so buying www.apebasedconundrum.com!

I am so buying www.apebasedconundrum.com!

Great. First dreadmedia.com, now this.