Happy Halloween

Molly

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be Curmudgeon Man, the guy with no friends that doesn't do anything for Halloween and feels the need to tell everyone about it.

Again, Dubs is British.

What be this "Halloween"???

Over here its called All Hallows Eve and we use the ceremonial carving of vegetables to remind us of the great potato famine, where we stole all the potatoes from the Irish.

Seriously, fuck Halloween. Unless I wind up doing something, in which case God bless Halloween and the saucy costumes it inspires.

• 2 weeks later...

Today at work, this lady went through my line and her daughter (probably 5 years old or so) was dressed as Alice from the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland and she was about the most adorable thing I think I have ever seen. Like, seriously, it just melted my cold, black heart.

We get to dress up at work tomorrow, so I'm going to dress up as a 1920's Chicago-style gangster. I've got everything already in my closet to piece the outfit together: black pants, black shirt, vest, belt chain, spats, and a pretty spiffy black hat.

Since my Halloween costume is not work appropriate, I had to be content with my light up pumpkin earrings, which hurt after eight hours. However, a bunch of friends and I are going to a Halloween party, which we decided to go to dressed as superheroes. Now a dear friend of mine had her heart set on being Hawkgirl, so I have passed the baton to her for this year. So this year, I will be dressing up as the blond bombshell herself. No, not Marilyn Monroe, but...

Black Canary.

I've got the blond wig, fishnets, high heeled boots, black choker, black leotard and short leather jacket. If I had a motorcycle license, believe me I would be riding a motorcycle to the party.

Will there be pictures of you and your friends?

And no, that's not the perverted Mike coming through. I'm simply curious to see the costumes, especially the Hawkgirl.

I'm not sure. It is a party and I am sure there will be a few pictures being taken. I may or may not be in them. I have made an art of avoiding cameras of any kind.

This was a good Halloween. Count Chocula and candy was consumed all day, and I had a nice horror movie marathon:

Dracula (1931)

The Mummy (1932)

The Raven (1935)

Murders In The Rue Morgue (1932)

The Invisible Man (1933)

The Invisible Man Returns (1940)

The House On Haunted Hill (1959)

Phantasm (1979)