Things Most People Like that You Can't Stand

Virtually any comedy made in the past ten to fifteen years that had hammerheads quoting them endlessly. Austin Powers, Meet the Parents, Wedding Crashers, name it. I walked out of each and every one saying, "What's the big deal?"

Adam Sandler. I couldn't stand him on SNL, and he got worse when he left. Also, he keeps giving work to Rob Schneider.

Halo. It's all right, I guess. Actually, shooters in general rank pretty low with me (Bioshock being the exception).

And I don't expect to get a lot of argument on this board, but could someone please sit me down and patiently explain the appeal of American Idol to me?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-- Oldboy: Maybe the most frustrating thing about the movie is that it actually does do a lot of things well, but the story is absolutely god awful by the end and had me ready to claw my eyes out in frustration.

Yep, a great first and second act ruined by a shitty and contrived ending that made little to no sense.

-- Fight Club: Well, I don't really hate it, but the ridiculous fanboys make me want to hate it.

This is where we disagree. To me, this is one of, if not the, best American film of the past two decades. It is worth studying. Everything from performance, to style, to editing, to writing, effects and controlled imagery. I can't think of one better.

JMS-Has NEVER written anything beyond mediocre.

You forget he wrote almost all the episodes of the greatest sci-fi series ever.

logo.jpg

Third rate, sorry.

The full scale goes-

First Rate: Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Firefly

Second rate: Red Dwarf, Current Dr Who

Third Rate: Babylon 5

Fourth Rate: Stargate in all its incarnations

Bowels of hell's most putrid offering: Andromeda

mentioning Dr. Who might make me enemies.

I understand why you find it charming but I find absolutely nothing of interest beyond the general premise of the idea behind it.

<_<

There is almost no consistency to Who and a lot of it plays out in a style that makes you wonder if genuine action in TV shows is completely beyond the British. Its not, but you'd never know it.

I love the great stuff as much as anyone, but theres a lot of trash in that show as well. Not as much as Torchwood though. Torchwood can go suck a dick, which is apparently what it wanted to do all along anyway.

The mighty fucking boosh. I don't find it funny at all.

Oblivion. It just wasn't fun.

Musicals. Their shit.

Shia La Beouf.

Scrappy Doo.

People who think it's funny to send messages for a shitty elaborate prank.

"My phone is running out of battery, phone me on...." and its some random shithole. People who do that and find it funny are pricks.