Episode 07

RSS

What's Sean Connery doing looking so bored? Diamonds Are Forever, his final film, is the smuttiest entry into the Bond canon by far, something Ian and Adham just can't help but comment upon. Despite one co-host being ill and working on 24 hours without sleep, this episode still manages to pass judgment on everything from continuity, Bond girl intelligence and gay hitmen, to see-through underwear, references to British TV from the 1990s and the evaluation of Connery's 007 tenure. [ 2:44:44 || 75.4 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/foryourear...arsonly_007.mp3

Excellent, this'll keep me distracted and inefficient at work tomorrow.

Eh, in that it's Children in Need day tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be in good company. Apparently it's dress down day at work tomorrow, but in that I've been off today & yesterday, I think it might be a cruel joke by my co-workers. So my plan is to go in to work with a customary suit, and if it is a dress-down day, I'll wear my Calgary Flames hockey jersey over it!

Excellent, this'll keep me distracted and inefficient at work tomorrow.

Eh, in that it's Children in Need day tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be in good company. Apparently it's dress down day at work tomorrow, but in that I've been off today & yesterday, I think it might be a cruel joke by my co-workers. So my plan is to go in to work with a customary suit, and if it is a dress-down day, I'll wear my Calgary Flames hockey jersey over it!

Good company? I'm the only one in the office, I've sent everyone else to Telford to finish off a project. Not much point in fancy dress when you are stuck in a railway arch all day.

Notes made whilst listening-

Oh Bodger & Badger, the worst tv show with the most infectiously annoying theme tune ever.

Noel Edmunds House Party might have been raw sewage as entertainment but you've got to admit they had some good concepts. Before Mr Blobby became a genuine chirldrens attraction he was just a spoof, totally designed to Punk celebrities back when Kutcher was still learning his abc's.

"We shall do to Moonraker what god did to Hull" :laugh:

Blockbusters is actually relevent, Bob Holness played James Bond in a radio adaptation of Moonraker in 1956.

Adham is starting to make Bond himself look like a hardcore feminist by comparison.

What exactly is on Adham's list of things to do before he is 30?

Notes made whilst listening-

Oh Bodger & Badger, the worst tv show with the most infectiously annoying theme tune ever.

Noel Edmunds House Party might have been raw sewage as entertainment but you've got to admit they had some good concepts. Before Mr Blobby became a genuine chirldrens attraction he was just a spoof, totally designed to Punk celebrities back when Kutcher was still learning his abc's.

"We shall do to Moonraker what god did to Hull" :laugh:

Blockbusters is actually relevent, Bob Holness played James Bond in a radio adaptation of Moonraker in 1956.

Adham is starting to make Bond himself look like a hardcore feminist by comparison.

What exactly is on Adham's list of things to do before he is 30?

Well we could pester Ian about it until he tells us about Adham's list... As for Connery, he was okay, but I will have to agree he looks bored to be there. I bet he thought George was going to stick around a while.

Hey, I said email the show if you want to know!! Get those typing fingers a-tappin'!

Fine, I'll Email. You might as well call that bit "Stavros' thoughts" if I keep sending them in.

Didn't you want it called "Mail Order Bond" or something? We're not actually going to name the post bit in any case, but the aim is to have lots of emails to read out, obviously. Adham & I are recording the Live and Let Die episode in two weeks time, so that's your deadline!

Hey, I said email the show if you want to know!! Get those typing fingers a-tappin'!

Fine, I'll Email. You might as well call that bit "Stavros' thoughts" if I keep sending them in.

Didn't you want it called "Mail Order Bond" or something? We're not actually going to name the post bit in any case, but the aim is to have lots of emails to read out, obviously. Adham & I are recording the Live and Let Die episode in two weeks time, so that's your deadline!

Mail Bonding. It was worth mentioning just to get the awful pun out there.

The whole reason the list was brought up was because of one of the items Adham told me about on the way back to my house. And on the basis of that one proposal, Erin's point is incredibly valid.

I'm interested in the same way that Yoda is interested in Saw movies. I don't want to know but I have to.