Inside the TARDIS: The Return (1996, 2005-current)

RSS

In 1991, the BBC sold the original novel rights to Virgin Publishing, the company which had bought out WH Allen, a publisher which had spent years novelizing each and every Doctor Who story transmitted (with the exception of three which had been written by Douglas Adams, who wanted to write the adaptations himself but had priced himself out of Allen's range). In so doing, the BBC had officially handed the keys to the franchise over to the people simultaneously best- and least-equipped to handle it: the fans.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/articles/inside-the-tardis-04

Dan, this was a fantastic series, I'm really impressed with both the breadth of what was covered and the attention to detail whilst never really getting bogged own in any one era (except Baker, but if any period justified it). I'm pretty certain that this the the crown jewel of Who week (podcast to come of course) and an award winner come the end of the year. This might well be one of the best free articles I've ever read on a website.

I'm especially looking forward to your 7 part 20,000 word series during Earth-2's Andromeda week thats coming up.

I'm especially looking forward to your 7 part 20,000 word series during Earth-2's Andromeda week thats coming up.

I'm more looking forward to the joint column between Dan and Yoda on cartoon boobies.

Fantastic stuff all week, Dan. Interesting to those of us whom aren't that familiar with the previous series, and a great nostalgia trip for those who know the Doctor's history.

I'm more looking forward to the joint column between Dan and Yoda on cartoon boobies.

I'm not confident that they'll ever get past the fact-finding stage of that one. Its like Earth-2's own Chinese Democracy.

Shortly after, in 1991, the BBC sold the original novel rights to Virgin Publishing, the company which had bought out WH Allen, a publisher which had spent years novelizing each and every Doctor Who story transmitted (with the exception of three which had been written by Douglas Adams, who wanted to write the adaptations himself but had priced himself out of Allen's range). In so doing, the BBC had officially handed the keys to the franchise over to the people simultaneously best- and least-equipped to handle it: the fans.

D'you think he did that on purpose for some dumb reason, not wanting to work with that company.

Really good work on the series

As someone who hated the Eccleston run first time through as it seemed too cheesy with his grin, after going back and re-watching the series I can see how great the guy actually was in the role. Dont think ive ever gone from one extreme to the other about a performance like that before, but as you mention his performance really spelled the end for Billie Piper as there was too much of a connection with the guy and not the character. Even though her career needed her to leave for her move on and make the most out of opportunities provided by the show being a success