Austen....comedy!?

SuaveStar

Austen, that was far from a bomb. What I saw, keeping in mind the out of synch video, was a guy who could hold a presence on stage, and deliver in a physical manner. You weren't boring to watch.

The jokes? Way better than, to be honest, I expected. From your opener in this thread I expected the worst and go0t something much better. That is schtick you could make a career out of, taking the day's paper and mocking it. Granted, that is much easier to do in the UK (why anyone would get into journalism over there is beyond me :P) where the paper is sensationalistic at best.

A little refinery and a slowing down for those outside of Glasgow would be appreciated. I had no problem because I have worked in a bar full of 19 year old Glaswegian lasses talking a mile a minute for over a year, but the rest of the rational world won't understand a fast talking Wegee.

I have to say, it went off better than mine did. I was unprepared and ended super well but I was struggling throughout. You did not appear to be doing that at all.

Well done.

I worked at Europa at George Square by the way.

Thanks Des!

Yeah the video is a few seconds out of sync.

I realised I had to slow down so what i did was centered the mic in the stand for later gigs and made sure I stayed their and kept things calm on stage.

I was talking alot faster than I normally do, and heres a funny fact:

When I was psyching up for this gig, I ripped up my script as I didn't want to keep looking at it, five minutes later I was trying to put the thing back together again!

I think I've been into the europa once as i don't really drink.

Great that all three of us, me, you and Dubs have positive experinces from our times as stand ups.

Also I learned another lesson from this gig when watching it back.

I should never have thick hair and shave off my facial hair...