The TFG1 Podcast by DCAUFan1051

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

SPECIAL SCHEDULE EPISODE AIRING THIS FRIDAY 12/19/08

I have recordded a supplemental episode to air this coming friday before the holidays Please listen in.... it's basically a breakdown of the podcast episodes as well as my christmas wishlist. I'll also be previewing new pre reviews chatter which will include the following segments:

Display Case: Taking one of the TF toys that are in my collection each episode and discussing what I like and/or don’t like about it.

Recent DVD Acqusitions: Whenever I might get new DVD’s I’ll be listing and discussing them in a brief summary.

Poetry Corner: Pimping and plugging my books of poetry as I am a published author.

So please tune in :D

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
Exactly. It can get hard to keep track of who some of the lesser one are.

well I'm not going to do outright bios because as the seasons of the show progress they involve thousands of characters The final 3 parter of the series Rebirth I saw an interview on the DVD by writer David Wise saying they had to add in 120 new characters to the cartoon because of the toyline additions. So it would be like a 3 hr plus show with bios.

However if a specific episode I'm watching is geared towards a lesser know character then I'll note that. There are tons of Transformers sites with bios of the characters.

Hopefully now that Hasbro has reacquired the rights to release the G1 Series on DVD they will get off their collective asses and do that. There was supposed to be a rerelease of the 1984 Cartoon series before the 2007 live action film but it got shelved because Sony's division that had the rights to the property Sony/Wonder went under.

I will however add in the audio at the end of some of the DVD's that talk about the autobot/decepticon races etc etc. It was a little anticdote that they added in at the end of some of the episodes.

Mostly the G1 series main characters from the first 2 seasons are:

Autobots:

Optimus Prime

Ironhide

Bumblebee

Cliffjumper

Jazz

Wheeljack

Ratchet

Traiolbreaker

Sideswipe

Sunstreaker

Hound

Mirage

Dinobots:

Grimlock

Slag

Sludge

Swoop

Snarl

Decepticons:

Megatron

Soundwave

Starscream

Thundercracker

Skywarp

Reflector

LaserBeak

Rumble

Frenzy

Ravage

Insecticons:

Bombshell

Kickback

Shrapnel

Sounds like you have a set outline for each episode now.

That's good as now you can keep to a schedule when recording and the audience can have a guess what to expect.

Can I offer a suggestion?

Your toy from your collection bit, could you make that toy the artwork for the episode?

Looking forward to the new episode man.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Sounds like you have a set outline for each episode now.

That's good as now you can keep to a schedule when recording and the audience can have a guess what to expect.

Can I offer a suggestion?

Your toy from your collection bit, could you make that toy the artwork for the episode?

Looking forward to the new episode man.

thanks for the compliments suave as far as changing artwork that would require the podcast to be a what they call an enhanced podcast and I want everyone not just apple product owners to subscribe. However Steve and I are working on getting a TFG1 Podcast website up and running which will have screenshots from the selected episodes I review as well as the pics of the toys. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

The TFG1 Podcast Supplemental Episode 1 will air this friday 12/19/08 I've just recorded it and please listen to it as it gives more insight to the podcast plus I pimp out our great forums here on E-2. I also discuss and ask for advice on the new segments I'm going to be implementing in episode 2 and beyond. And don't forget to leave me feedback on iTunes and email in your questions to tfg1podcast@gmail.com

Guest DCAUFan1051

The TFG1 Podcast Supplemental Episodes:

The TFG1 Podcast will now have weekly content.

Every other friday will be the regular episodes reviewing the cartoon but on the fridays that there would be no episodes I'll be doing supplemental episodes discussing different subjects.

The First Supplemental Episode was the Xmas Show which is available on iTunes now

in between episodes 2 & 3 I'll be doing an all time favorite cartoons. :D more supplementals coming soon.

Really, the supplemental felt like a half an hour of filler. Telling your audience about what will be in the next episode or two is a good way to foster listener interaction, but giving out the entire game plan? Not really necessary. If you're going to be putting out extra episodes you should put out something that ties into the focus of your podcast; not other cartoons or DVD purchases. The Display Case segement is a good idea as, let's face it, the point of the cartoon was to sell the toys to kids. As you point out, you can't really transform it on the air, so the Display Case is something I can easily see as a video podcast episode, if you wanted to go that route. You could also review the adventures of the G1 Transformers in comic books. IDW is reprinting the original Marvel Transformers comics in trade paperback with glossy paper. They're about 400 pages for $19.99, but can obviously be had for less than that on the internet. Either of these podcasts would be suitable companions to the reviews of the G1 television show. I apologize if I sound harsh, but I'm truly trying to help you craft the best podcast possible.

Guest DCAUFan1051

The supplementals maybe few and far between I agree with what your saying koete but really no nothing about the G1 comics As far as a video podcast with showing the transformations I have no cam so that's out I think I'll be sticking to the audio. I'm still very excited to be doing this and everything so I wad thinking of ways to increase the interest. of listeners. That's why I added in those new segments.

I'll be recording episode 2 later on tomorrow night with all the stress and shit that's going on in my life I need a release and recording would be a good way to start. I appreciate all the suggestions and ideas from everyone.... even though the earth-2 overlord hasn't chimed in with his thoughts yet :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

Episode 2 is under the editors microscope it will be live this friday 12/26

I heard on another podcast non E-2 related that Boxing Day in canada is basically like america's black friday but after xmas? is this true? any comments des or kellen??

Guest DCAUFan1051

Episode 2 has a slight delay as my editor is currently out of town for the holidays he'll be back this weekend. I'd edit it myself but have no idea how to do it. And would end up fucking something up.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Episode 2 is live but iTunes doesn't have it listed yet so here's the RSS Feed to listen to it :D

The TFG1 Podcast Feed Ep 2 now Available

oh yeah and I got someone to join the forums my sponsor and friend SCP21 please welcome him Steve/Megatron as he goes by is a great guy. :D

Addition: holy crap the beginning of the episode where I say when it was recorded was supposed to go before the theme music damn those crazy segment monkeys lol

Guest DCAUFan1051
Mike, I know this is a bit off topic, but my four year old nephew loves the logo and I had to print it out for him as he loves transformers and loved the logo.

suave that isn't off topic at all it has to do with the podcast :D here's how I told steve to do it combine the following pics and add the title:

60d0687b.jpg

0057116d.jpg

here's the end result as ya know:

tfg1_pod.jpg