Recent DVD Aquistions

Guest TFG1Mike

Guess what I got through gift certificates given to me on a recent holiday....

picture2pe.jpg

picture7xv.jpg

The Dark Knight Two-Disc Special Edition, Iron Man Single-Disc Edition (someone actually gave this to me, I would've boughten the Two-Disc Edition), and Marvel Heroes Collection (Disc 1: X-MEN, Disc 2: X2 X-MEN UNITED, Disc 3: X-MEN 3:THE LAST STAND, Disc 4: FANTASTIC FOUR, Disc 5: FANTASTIC FOUR 2, Disc 6: DAREDEVIL, Disc 7: ELEKTRA, Disc 8: Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes Volume 1, and Disc: 9 CD Rom Comic: "The Origin of the Silver Surfer")

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the full box set of The Wire...and that's all I'll need for a good 3 years or so.

If you haven't seen it yet...you need to watch it. There's nothing stopping you from doing it. Do it. Or I'll find you.

Also, I have Black Dynamite and This Is It. From what I've seen of This Is It, it's getting harder for me to say that Michael Jackson was sick, because dude was still moving like it was 1985.

Invested in a Blu Ray player because it pipes in Netflix.

So it didn't seem like such a waste, for Christmas I purchased

- 2001: A Space Odyssey

- Full Metal Jacket

- Inglourious Basterds

- some other stuff I can't remember.

Got a belated gift yesterday: Weeds season 4 and Rock-a-Doodle. I squealed over the latter. Mike can verify this.

I picked up 2 Rowan Atkinson-related purchases to celebrate finishing my presentation. I picked up a volume of Not the Nine o'Clock News and then the complete boxset of what he then went on to do: Blackadder. Every episode, every special, the TV documentary from last Christmas and a few commentaries to boot.

I picked up 2 Rowan Atkinson-related purchases to celebrate finishing my presentation. I picked up a volume of Not the Nine o'Clock News and then the complete boxset of what he then went on to do: Blackadder. Every episode, every special, the TV documentary from last Christmas and a few commentaries to boot.

There are commentary's on Blackadder?

I have the one that looks like a book, and I didn't know about the commentaries.

Fine purchase Ian, Blackadder is one of the funniest things ever made. The flight school thing still cracks me up. Always treat your kite *twack* Like you treat your woman *woosh*

But that's because Rik Mayall teamed with Rowan Atkinson (Which should have happened more often) was always awesome.

Funny thing, but I used to hate the original series when I was younger, till I watch it a few years ago, older and wiser, I now see how good it was.

Isn't that right Darling?

I have the one that looks like a book, and I didn't know about the commentaries.

I got the remastered set as I don't have Blu-Ray and don't intend to either. There's commentaries for Bells/Money/Chains for Blackadder II, Ink & Incapability/Amy & Amiability/Duel & Duality for Blackadder the Third, and Major Star/Goodbyeee for Blackadder Goes Forth.

I used to have the VHS boxsets for Series 2 & 3, so it's just a relief now to finally have the whole damn dynasty on DVD!

I got the remastered set as I don't have Blu-Ray and don't intend to either. There's commentaries for Bells/Money/Chains for Blackadder II, Ink & Incapability/Amy & Amiability/Duel & Duality for Blackadder the Third, and Major Star/Goodbyeee for Blackadder Goes Forth.

I used to have the VHS boxsets for Series 2 & 3, so it's just a relief now to finally have the whole damn dynasty on DVD!

Well, I'll have to check mine, the limited edition one, it doesn't say anything, so probably doesn't. I don't have Blu-Ray either, and really I'm waiting for prices to come down and for me to actually notice the difference before I care about HD.