Best DCAU fight ever?

James D.

What was the most awesome fight ever in the DC Animated Universe?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Justice League vs Brainiac/Luthor stands out in my mind, first you get the doppelganger fight, then brainiac owns them all and Flash has his moment, possibly the finest moment in the entire DCAU.

Oh, and the Superman/Wonder Woman/Batman fight with Mongul. That one freakin' RULES, Mongul's face is demolished!

And Superman vs Darkseid in Legacy, the conclusion of that one is really scary.

I won't vote because I haven't watched Justice League yet. I agree with what was said in the latest WFP about Batman vs. The Albino being the best fight at that point in the DCAU. That was one of those fights where I didn't want to blink because I might miss something awesome.

Not saying it is the best, but I thought I'd bring up Robin vs. Slade in the episode Haunted. Granted not really Slade but still very brutal.

Sorry this is DCAU only. :P

Actually if I go into Titans I'm sure I can find loads of awesome fights. I leaving it alone until they get to it on World's Finest, but as soon as its fresh in my mind again I've no doubt I'll find a few gems.

peter versus the chicken...

no wait...

that's another forum.

thinking about this... yeah grudge match was awesome, supergirl vs galatea was cool too, superman vs darkseid in any incarnation always delivers, but Cap. Marvel vs. Superman, that one was impressive in all levels. I voted for Batman vs. Ra's because I remember that episode since the first time I saw it.

Also, this is no fight per se, but the chase between GCPD and Batman in Mask of the Phantasm was awesome.

peter versus the chicken...

LOL

Also, this is no fight per se, but the chase between GCPD and Batman in Mask of the Phantasm was awesome.

I consider this a fight. It is definitely one of,if not the most, intense moments in the DCAU. I vote this as the best fight followed by Batman vs Bane in "Over the Edge." That was a brawl!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to go with McGinnis vs Joker for several reasons. First is the drama - Batman's protege (and son) against his greatest foe occupying the body of another of his proteges. Joker knows Batman's tricks, and has Tim's knowlege to draw on.

Second, the setting - they're basically in a cage match with a giant laser coming towards them.

Third, the fight itself was really well down, and also knock-down brutal - this is definitely one of the more violent fights - blows to the groin, Joker laughing maniacally while he throttles Terry.

Finally, the character development - Terry really establishes that he's not Bruce Wayne Jr (irony there) but is his own Batman. If'd he'd tried to do thing's Bruce's way, he probably wouldn't have won - but he did things his way and not only beat the Joker, but finally saved Tim. There's fights that are cooler visually, but there's so much in this fight scene - can't wait to hear Mike and James discuss it in a few episodes.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The entire exchange after Terry breaks the lighting panel is just epic. Maybe the best dialogue in the DCAU.
I wholeheartedly concur. After hearing the Joker's examination of Bruce as a "boy in a playsuit," it was great to see Terry do the same thing to the Joker. His imitation of the Joker's laugh was flat-out incredible.

I am going to beg Mike to use more than one sound clip from RotJ when we cover it--meaning, we have one at the end as always; but one in the middle, too. I would put the Joker/Terry dialogue in the middle of the review to kind of divide up the first and second halves of our review, and then at the end of our review, put the exchange between Terry and Bruce at the hospital. Both are so awesome in their own ways and it would be criminal to leave either out.

But that's just one co-host's opinion. :angel: