X-men 90's Animated Series

elnino14

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
I think I may finally have an idea to start my first podcast...

cool...... I was gonna do one on the show, but since creating ToonCast I'll just cover it on there it's an awesome cartoon.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Awesome. I just got them both for 10 bucks. Thank you, Reward Zone Silver membership. :D

:shocked::doh: well still $35 aint bad.... silver membership? can you pm me with details on that? I have reward zone but doubt it's silver.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Nevermind james I looked at my reward zone damn I don't spend enough at BestBuy to be Silver lol I haveta wait until my paypal transfer goes through tomorrow to get the preorder. But again I sooooo can't wait these are gonna be awesome... not trying to complain, but too bad there's no bonus features.

Guest DCAUFan1051
They've been ordered..... don't be too shocked if y'all don't see me tomorrow for about 9 hours lol Marathon here I come :D

That's why I have a TV in front of my compy. I can do both at once. I also offer video poker!

I could play them on my comp but nah rather see em on the tv and the show will have my full attention. Hell I might even turn my phone off LOL

Guest DCAUFan1051
How much were they at DCBS?

Also are there any extras?

No extras at all but 33 episodes complete seasons 1 & 2 and part of season 3. So that makes up for no extras

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm currently on Time Fugitives Part 2..... I must say the TV airings on Disney XD are severely different then these. By that I mean the outros on the DVD for most of the first Volume show an X-Men select screen. Like you'd see in a video game, it gives small bios on each character. At first I thought the "previously on" voice was different then I remembered but that is only for 1 episode. I really have no complaints about the sets at all. I truly think for what kind of animation Marvel was doing in the 90's that X-Men stands up and stands out. Here's hoping the remaining 2 seasons get released on DVD, as well as Spider-Man The Animated Series, and Iron Man. After those I am not really caring to see the others on DVD. Except maybe Spider-Man Unlimited

As far as the price from best buy that's an awesome deal on the 2 For $35, but getting them cheaper is always the best. Like Koete said they're worth the $.

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK I must say this as I've just finished watching the Time Fugitives 2 parter these writers and creators had an excellent concept of interweaving the part 1 timeline to the part 2 timeline. It's very subtle, but noticeable throughout, like in the scene in part 1 when the X-Men arre attacking Creed's mansion. In part 1 Wolverine is there, but in part 2 Cable has him and it shows the same battle scene without Wolverine. I'll have to rewatch the other Time Travel stories to see if this same level of commitment is shown, but overall totally awesome.

I've noticed something else... at least on Storm & Rogue their communicators are either on their crotches or breasts hmmm now I'm wondering what the writers were thinking there. :laugh:

Guest DCAUFan1051
I hadn't been reading this thread, but I saw the dvds at target and picked them up. Can anyone tell me if there is a play all button? I hate sets that don't have them.

yes there is on the main menu but it's weird after an ep is over it fades to black and it takes a few mins for the next ep to start. Also I just finished watching Reunion part 2 and it kicked me back to main menu even though I hit play all... watching out of the past now.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I just looked the toon up on imdb and the only other episodes I remember are The 4 part Dark Phoenix Saga and the 4 part Beyond Good And Evil. I don't remember any of seasons 4 or 5 past those episodes. So here's hoping they release Volumes 3 & 4 possibly filling out the rest of the series. I know the normal timeframe for cartoons is 5 years or less... but I had no idea how long X-Men and Spider-Man were in the 90's. I was looking at Spidey's episode list and that series flows more like a book then X-Men does. Even though X-Men has a continuing storyline throughout the Spidey seasons are mainly 3-6 part chapters of a book. Here's hoping Spidey gets a Full Volume DVD release.