Every comic you've read in 2009

Missy

Tarot #53 (Yeah, don't ask.)

I know it has the greatest line of dialogue to ever be printed in a comic, but really Dubs, you could have just gone to the ISB and saved yourself from the horror.

I didn't pay for it. The owner at my LCS just gave it to me because he wanted to get rid of it.

And yes, it's hilarious.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the $1 issues of Fables and 100 Bullets and am half way through the $1 intro to Y the last man.

Fables: when one of your first lines is a new take on the keep the change cliche, you have me sold, I want to get some trades of this.

100 Bullets: It was good, and looked pretty, may give the first trade a shot.

Y: So far so good.

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 331

Citizen Rex #1

Dethklok vs. The Goon

Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1

Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1

We Kill Monsters #1

Total

Comic books: 253

Trade paperbacks: 11

Graphic novels: 1

Jan 01-Apr 21=105 comics, 4 TPBs...Joker's Asylum: Two-Face, Joker's Asylum: Poison Ivy, Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker's Asylum: Penguin, Joker's Asylum: Joker, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1, Vigilante #1, Fantastic Four #558-564, Harbinger: The Beginning, Simon Dark #10-17, Captain Britain and MI-13 #8-10, The Darkness #8-10, The Darkness: Lodbrok's Hand Oneshot, The Darkness #75, Battle for the Cowl: Underground, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern #40, New Avengers #47, Mighty Avengers #20, Iron Man: The End, The End League #4-6, Kick-Ass #5, JSA: All-Stars, Battle for the Cowl: Network, Battle for the Cowl #3, Age of Desire, Poe #1, Jack Kirby's The Demon, Green Lantern #41, Battle for the Cowl #3, Battle for the Cowl Gotham Gazette Batman Lives, Batman #687, Green Lantern Corps #37, Monsters on the Prowl #20, DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing, Sudden Gravity (a Tale of the Panopticon), Green Lantern Corps Through the Ages, Green Lantern #42, Batman and Robin #1, Young Allies #1, Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, North 40 #1, Miss America Comics #1, Nightbreed 1-25, Hellraiser 1-20, Hellraiser Spring Slaughter, Hellraiser Summer Special, Hellraiser Dark Holiday, Jihad 1 and 2, Ectokid 1-9, Saint Sinner 1-7, Hyperkind 1-9, Hokum & Hex 1-9, Agents of Atlas, Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth Shall Overcome Premium Hardcover, Citizen Rex #1, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1, Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1, We Kill Monsters #1

I have too f'ing many to list after the past week... And I have a fuckload to read this week too. I may have just quick doing this updating. We'll see.

Green Lantern Corps #38-Daxamites versus the Yellow Lantern Corps and Guy and Kyle versus the Guardians. Nuff said.

Green Lantern #43-the origin of Black Hand as the avatar for Death. Mahnke is my new favorite artist.

Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1-3-pretty hit or miss, frankly. A couple of really great stories (Kilowogg, Saint Walker, Carol Ferris, Mongul) and a couple of stinkers (just about the other half)

Green Lantern #44- Good God! Hal and Barry versus dead J'onn J'onzz whose come to claim the previously dead? Win. Again, Mahnke.

Total

Comic books: 259

Jan 01-Apr 21=105 comics, 4 TPBs...Joker's Asylum: Two-Face, Joker's Asylum: Poison Ivy, Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker's Asylum: Penguin, Joker's Asylum: Joker, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1, Vigilante #1, Fantastic Four #558-564, Harbinger: The Beginning, Simon Dark #10-17, Captain Britain and MI-13 #8-10, The Darkness #8-10, The Darkness: Lodbrok's Hand Oneshot, The Darkness #75, Battle for the Cowl: Underground, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern #40, New Avengers #47, Mighty Avengers #20, Iron Man: The End, The End League #4-6, Kick-Ass #5, JSA: All-Stars, Battle for the Cowl: Network, Battle for the Cowl #3, Age of Desire, Poe #1, Jack Kirby's The Demon, Green Lantern #41, Battle for the Cowl #3, Battle for the Cowl Gotham Gazette Batman Lives, Batman #687, Green Lantern Corps #37, Monsters on the Prowl #20, DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing, Sudden Gravity (a Tale of the Panopticon), Green Lantern Corps Through the Ages, Green Lantern #42, Batman and Robin #1, Young Allies #1, Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, North 40 #1, Miss America Comics #1, Nightbreed 1-25, Hellraiser 1-20, Hellraiser Spring Slaughter, Hellraiser Summer Special, Hellraiser Dark Holiday, Jihad 1 and 2, Ectokid 1-9, Saint Sinner 1-7, Hyperkind 1-9, Hokum & Hex 1-9, Agents of Atlas, Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth Shall Overcome Premium Hardcover, Citizen Rex #1, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1, Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1, We Kill Monsters #1, Green Lantern Corps #38, Green Lantern #43, Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Green Lantern #44

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 332

Squadron Supreme: Bright Shining Lies

Dark Avengers: Dark Avengers Assemble

Thor by J. Michael Straczynski, volume one

Deadpool (2008) #1-3: This is a surprisingly fun book! I was very leery of Daniel Way's ability to write a funny Deadpool, but he pulls it off. And the cartoony art by Paco Medina is perfect. It's bright and colorful, but so very violent. Brilliant stuff.

Total

Comic books: 23

Trade paperbacks: 50

Incarnate #1-thoughts in DM 104

Dead of Night: Devil-Slayer #1-4-re-read these in show prep and it's just a great hero's birth story that is both horrific and modern without being preachy. Chris Samnee's art is about as good as minimalist gets unless you're Darwyn Cooke or Mike Allred. Loves it.

Total

Comic books: 264

Jan 01-Apr 21=105 comics, 4 TPBs...Joker's Asylum: Two-Face, Joker's Asylum: Poison Ivy, Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker's Asylum: Penguin, Joker's Asylum: Joker, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1, Vigilante #1, Fantastic Four #558-564, Harbinger: The Beginning, Simon Dark #10-17, Captain Britain and MI-13 #8-10, The Darkness #8-10, The Darkness: Lodbrok's Hand Oneshot, The Darkness #75, Battle for the Cowl: Underground, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern #40, New Avengers #47, Mighty Avengers #20, Iron Man: The End, The End League #4-6, Kick-Ass #5, JSA: All-Stars, Battle for the Cowl: Network, Battle for the Cowl #3, Age of Desire, Poe #1, Jack Kirby's The Demon, Green Lantern #41, Battle for the Cowl #3, Battle for the Cowl Gotham Gazette Batman Lives, Batman #687, Green Lantern Corps #37, Monsters on the Prowl #20, DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing, Sudden Gravity (a Tale of the Panopticon), Green Lantern Corps Through the Ages, Green Lantern #42, Batman and Robin #1, Young Allies #1, Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, North 40 #1, Miss America Comics #1, Nightbreed 1-25, Hellraiser 1-20, Hellraiser Spring Slaughter, Hellraiser Summer Special, Hellraiser Dark Holiday, Jihad 1 and 2, Ectokid 1-9, Saint Sinner 1-7, Hyperkind 1-9, Hokum & Hex 1-9, Agents of Atlas, Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth Shall Overcome Premium Hardcover, Citizen Rex #1, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1, Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1, We Kill Monsters #1, Green Lantern Corps #38, Green Lantern #43, Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Green Lantern #44, Incarnate #1, Dead of Night: Devil-Slayer #1-4

Captain America #47-50, 600 and 601-It's funny that reading these makes me wonder who my new favorite artist is: Luke Ross, Steve Epting or Butch Guice. Most times a book that changes artists so frequently would anger me but the styles are similar enough to be synchronous but different enough to be potent individually. 600 was mostly a letdown. A few decent stories but certainly a drop in quality from the regular book. It failed to get me fired up, or emotional in any way for the character which is what it was intended to do. 601 (both color and B&W) is a work of fucking art. Beautiful. I barely noticed there was a story going on. A man in his eighties can still school ANY artist working in ocmics today with a storytelling style so vibrant and powerfulI am absolutely in awe of a man so damaged by cataracts he can hardly see who can draw a book better than anyone else on earth.

Captain America Reborn #1-Not necessarily what I was expecting., I like the interplay between artists but the story is a little flat for me. Kind of need issue two for it to pan out.

All Select Comics #1-This anniversary issue focuses on Blonde Phantom (who's a character i never read any of her prime stories, only as an older woman in She-Hulk) and the writing (Guggenheim) is top notch with some of the best art I've seen from Javier Pulido. Great stuff. The Marvex the Super Robot backup probably belongs in that new Strange Tales series. Didn't jive with me.

USA Comics #1-Another 70th Anniversary book. A cool Destroyer story set on a train with a German journalist. Great little one and done with not a lot of subtext but still a heavy ending. Captured the style and dynamism of those early stories. Steve Ellis' art is both modern with still a classic delivery that worked really well. The All Winner Squadron backup is mostly tame but has a two page spread that rivals about anything else today. Artist is unknown, at times reminding me of Wally Wood and at others like Steve Ditko. Very weird.

Batman and Robin #2-this book is spectacular. Done.

Detective Comics #853-not as bad as the first partof WHTTCC but still a big stinking turd. Great Andy Kubert art but it's like polishing a turd to me. In the end the story means absolutely nothing. It's a disgrace that it is named after Moore's classic Superman work (WHICH MADE SENSE!!!). I am officially off Neil Gaiman in comics.

Kick-Ass #6- a great pallette cleanser after that turd. Real, gritty, and balls out. I'm psyched for where this story is going and wonder how long they can do it. I think this is JR Jr's best work. Makes that WWH stuff he did look like something he drew with a pencil clenched between his ass-cheeks. I can't wait for the movie, now.

Total

Comic books: 276

Jan 01-Apr 21=105 comics, 4 TPBs...Joker's Asylum: Two-Face, Joker's Asylum: Poison Ivy, Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker's Asylum: Penguin, Joker's Asylum: Joker, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1, Vigilante #1, Fantastic Four #558-564, Harbinger: The Beginning, Simon Dark #10-17, Captain Britain and MI-13 #8-10, The Darkness #8-10, The Darkness: Lodbrok's Hand Oneshot, The Darkness #75, Battle for the Cowl: Underground, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern #40, New Avengers #47, Mighty Avengers #20, Iron Man: The End, The End League #4-6, Kick-Ass #5, JSA: All-Stars, Battle for the Cowl: Network, Battle for the Cowl #3, Age of Desire, Poe #1, Jack Kirby's The Demon, Green Lantern #41, Battle for the Cowl #3, Battle for the Cowl Gotham Gazette Batman Lives, Batman #687, Green Lantern Corps #37, Monsters on the Prowl #20, DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing, Sudden Gravity (a Tale of the Panopticon), Green Lantern Corps Through the Ages, Green Lantern #42, Batman and Robin #1, Young Allies #1, Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, North 40 #1, Miss America Comics #1, Nightbreed 1-25, Hellraiser 1-20, Hellraiser Spring Slaughter, Hellraiser Summer Special, Hellraiser Dark Holiday, Jihad 1 and 2, Ectokid 1-9, Saint Sinner 1-7, Hyperkind 1-9, Hokum & Hex 1-9, Agents of Atlas, Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth Shall Overcome Premium Hardcover, Citizen Rex #1, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1, Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1, We Kill Monsters #1, Green Lantern Corps #38, Green Lantern #43, Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Green Lantern #44, Incarnate #1, Dead of Night: Devil-Slayer #1-4, Captain America #47-50, 600 and 601, Captain America Reborn #1, All Select Comics #1,

USA Comics #1, Batman and Robin #2, Detective Comics #853, Kick-Ass #6

Batman and Robin #2-this book is spectacular. Done.

Detective Comics #853-not as bad as the first partof WHTTCC but still a big stinking turd. Great Andy Kubert art but it's like polishing a turd to me. In the end the story means absolutely nothing. It's a disgrace that it is named after Moore's classic Superman work (WHICH MADE SENSE!!!). I am officially off Neil Gaiman in comics.

Agreed on both of those.

Hated WHTTCC, but loved Kick Ass?

I'm glad to see our streak of agreeing on things is over.

WHTTCC didn't rock my world, but I really don't think it's the comic equivalent to murdering a puppy that most people here seem to think. And I really tried with Kick Ass, despite my general hatred of Millar. The concept had... something, but it got stupid very quickly.

The End League #7,8-Not turning out to be my cup of tea but I think there's only one more issue to go.

Fantastic Four #565-569-565 ended the previous arc and the following four issues are the Master of Doom arc which, for my money, has to be in the top 10 FF stories of all time. I fucking adored it. Smart, funny, badass and with art by Bryan Hitch. It might be the best thing Millar's ever written. He's growing on me again. I wish this was the creative team in perpetuity. I'd wait Ultimates time for new issues of this.

Total

Comic books: 283

Jan 01-Apr 21=105 comics, 4 TPBs...Joker's Asylum: Two-Face, Joker's Asylum: Poison Ivy, Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker's Asylum: Penguin, Joker's Asylum: Joker, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1, Vigilante #1, Fantastic Four #558-564, Harbinger: The Beginning, Simon Dark #10-17, Captain Britain and MI-13 #8-10, The Darkness #8-10, The Darkness: Lodbrok's Hand Oneshot, The Darkness #75, Battle for the Cowl: Underground, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern #40, New Avengers #47, Mighty Avengers #20, Iron Man: The End, The End League #4-6, Kick-Ass #5, JSA: All-Stars, Battle for the Cowl: Network, Battle for the Cowl #3, Age of Desire, Poe #1, Jack Kirby's The Demon, Green Lantern #41, Battle for the Cowl #3, Battle for the Cowl Gotham Gazette Batman Lives, Batman #687, Green Lantern Corps #37, Monsters on the Prowl #20, DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing, Sudden Gravity (a Tale of the Panopticon), Green Lantern Corps Through the Ages, Green Lantern #42, Batman and Robin #1, Young Allies #1, Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, North 40 #1, Miss America Comics #1, Nightbreed 1-25, Hellraiser 1-20, Hellraiser Spring Slaughter, Hellraiser Summer Special, Hellraiser Dark Holiday, Jihad 1 and 2, Ectokid 1-9, Saint Sinner 1-7, Hyperkind 1-9, Hokum & Hex 1-9, Agents of Atlas, Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth Shall Overcome Premium Hardcover, Citizen Rex #1, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1, Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1, We Kill Monsters #1, Green Lantern Corps #38, Green Lantern #43, Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Green Lantern #44, Incarnate #1, Dead of Night: Devil-Slayer #1-4, Captain America #47-50, 600 and 601, Captain America Reborn #1, All Select Comics #1, USA Comics #1, Batman and Robin #2, Detective Comics #853, Kick-Ass #6, The End League #7,8, Fantastic Four #565-569

Marvel 1985, Read this in a Barnes and Noble while waiting for my glasses prescription to be updated. I liked it, at the same time, I'm very glad I didn't buy it. The first half really does the concept justice as it feels like a horror film, the villains feel like real true villains, and the art and writing makes them very frightening. Also the plot doesn't have much to it and doesn't need much to it because it's portrayed from a child's perspective. But as the book went on, it needed an explanation and motivations, and then it fell into very traditional comic book lore, getting very stupid by the end of the book. 7/10

X-men Children of the Atom, I really really like this book and have read it a half dozen times. It's still great, I think. It's got a very retro feel without being overly wordy like Claremont can be. It's got retro style art that still looks modern. It's also got a great story, sure it didn't really need telling, but they did a good job telling it. 8/10

The Dark Phoenix Saga, This was my first reading, so it's really out of the time context. Claremont is really wordy especially in the last super sized issue and to be honest the saga was very very hard for me to finish because of the super sized issue. The book is considered one of the best X-stories of all time. It really does go a long way to prove that, Wolverine gets center stage in one issue showing how bad-ass he is, Jean becomes Jesus in her self-sacrifice, Cyclops becomes more caring than others, and the whole story is done on a slow burn. Half the issues in here don't even feauture Dark Phoenix but are just the build up to her appearance. And to me, for some reason I like those issues more. But overall it's a fun, if a little outdated in writing style, ride.

Batman: Hush vol 1-2, I never understood this book. The more I read Jeph Loeb's critically acclaimed Batman works the less I like them. But while I loved Dark Halloween on my first read through, I didn't even like this on my first read through. It just wasn't that great to me. It seems like a very kinetic put as many people as we can into the book, with a mystery twist in the end, and tie it to Bruce Wayne's childhood. It's a great concept and it does feel like a blockbuster. But I don't know, it just seems off to me. Even Batman feels off to me. No doubt though, Jim Lee's art is fabulous.

Batman: Nine Lives - First-time read here, liked it, a little confusing on the story side, but overall I liked the noir-feel and I think Batman excels in this mood and tone. Dick Grayson as a PI is really fun, as well as the narration, everything really fits in quite well. Like I said the story lost me a few times, but I liked it all anyways.

Total:

Comic books: 9

Trade paperbacks: 63

Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Volumes 1, 2, and 3; The Authority by Ellis/Hitch/Millar/Quietly Volumes 1 (Relentless) and 2 (Under New Management) and 3 (Transfer of Power); Batman: Year One; Batman: The Long Halloween; Planetary vol 1 (All Over the World and Other Stories), vol. 2 (The Fourth Man), and vol. 3 (Leaving the 20th Century), Planetary Crossing Worlds (The Crossover specials); Planetary 19-26; Batman: The Man Who Laughs; Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear; RONIN; JOKER; Deadpool #1; Punisher Max vol. 1-4; Penance: Relentless; Thunderbolts by Warren Ellis vol 1-2; Thunderbolts: Secret Invasion, Astonishing X-men Hardcovers volume 1 and 2, Daredevil: Born Again, Y: The Last Man vol. 1-10, The incredible Hulk: Tempest Fugit, Marvels, Daredevil: Redemption, Daredevil: Yellow, Hard-boiled, Hulk: Dogs of War, Spider-man: India, R.I.P.D., Daredevil: Love Labors Lost, District X vol. 1, Walking Dead vol. 1-8, Deadpool vol. 1: Secret Invasion, Superman: Red Son, Batman and Son, Justice League International vol. 1, Bullseye's Greatest Hits, Marvel 1985, X-men Children of the Atom, The Dark Phoenix Saga, Batman: Hush vol 1-2, Batman: Nine Lives

It seems like a very kinetic put as many people as we can into the book, with a mystery twist in the end

Listen to Jeph Loeb's most recent interview on Word Balloon. In so many words he says that the way to sell a lackluster comic is to toss in as many guest stars as possible. Now think about his high-profile body of work; the only reason his books sell so well is because every issue is loaded with top-name characters. The man brings nothing but flash to the table.

I have a deep, deep fear that one day he'll replace Joe Quesada as Marvel's EIC. And should that day come, I am done with comics.

It seems like a very kinetic put as many people as we can into the book, with a mystery twist in the end

Listen to Jeph Loeb's most recent interview on Word Balloon. In so many words he says that the way to sell a lackluster comic is to toss in as many guest stars as possible. Now think about his high-profile body of work; the only reason his books sell so well is because every issue is loaded with top-name characters. The man brings nothing but flash to the table.

I have a deep, deep fear that one day he'll replace Joe Quesada as Marvel's EIC. And should that day come, I am done with comics.

This.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that Hush sold so well because it was Jim Lee drawing Batman. Not because Jeph Loeb was writing it and had Superman guest star.

Yeah, lets all agree that Loeb really f-d up the end of that story.

Anyway- Irredeemable#5 it looked pretty, but I didn't enjoy it. 99cents and I just couldn't get into it.

Justice League: A New Beginning-I pulled this off the shelf to re-read as I just got volume 2 in my DCBS shipment and gave it a read through. Though the book contains one of the greatest moments in comics history (One Punch! One Punch!) it takes a while to find its legs both artistically and storywise. Still, what strikes me most about re-reading it is that though the characters are all funny, their dialogue and asides and utterances all come from a stable character background. It's not like Whedon where you have dialogue too funny and smart delivered to people who shouldn't be able to talk like that for one and for two, they all sound the same. This one assigns a different personality to each character and has funny dialogue springing from the fact that there are several people whose are for the most part intelligent or at least strong-willed in Guy's department, with massive egos. Enough so that they feel they should be out fighting crime. And those who say Maxwell Lord is out of character in modern books like OMAC clearly didn't read this volume. He is sly, sinister and secretive from the get-go. 8.5/10

Total

Comic books: 283

Trade paperbacks: 12

Jan 01-Apr 21=105 comics, 4 TPBs...Joker's Asylum: Two-Face, Joker's Asylum: Poison Ivy, Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker's Asylum: Penguin, Joker's Asylum: Joker, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1, Vigilante #1, Fantastic Four #558-564, Harbinger: The Beginning, Simon Dark #10-17, Captain Britain and MI-13 #8-10, The Darkness #8-10, The Darkness: Lodbrok's Hand Oneshot, The Darkness #75, Battle for the Cowl: Underground, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern #40, New Avengers #47, Mighty Avengers #20, Iron Man: The End, The End League #4-6, Kick-Ass #5, JSA: All-Stars, Battle for the Cowl: Network, Battle for the Cowl #3, Age of Desire, Poe #1, Jack Kirby's The Demon, Green Lantern #41, Battle for the Cowl #3, Battle for the Cowl Gotham Gazette Batman Lives, Batman #687, Green Lantern Corps #37, Monsters on the Prowl #20, DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing, Sudden Gravity (a Tale of the Panopticon), Green Lantern Corps Through the Ages, Green Lantern #42, Batman and Robin #1, Young Allies #1, Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, North 40 #1, Miss America Comics #1, Nightbreed 1-25, Hellraiser 1-20, Hellraiser Spring Slaughter, Hellraiser Summer Special, Hellraiser Dark Holiday, Jihad 1 and 2, Ectokid 1-9, Saint Sinner 1-7, Hyperkind 1-9, Hokum & Hex 1-9, Agents of Atlas, Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth Shall Overcome Premium Hardcover, Citizen Rex #1, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1, Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1, We Kill Monsters #1, Green Lantern Corps #38, Green Lantern #43, Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Green Lantern #44, Incarnate #1, Dead of Night: Devil-Slayer #1-4, Captain America #47-50, 600 and 601, Captain America Reborn #1, All Select Comics #1, USA Comics #1, Batman and Robin #2, Detective Comics #853, Kick-Ass #6, The End League #7,8, Fantastic Four #565-569, Justice League: A New Beginning

Teen Titans #69-73, Annual 1-Though I like the direction the book is going and Wonder Girl, formerly my least favorite character, has become a personal favorite. I just can't validate spending 3.99 on the same book with the added Ravager co-feature. She's a character I couldn't give a shit about. I'll be switching to trade after this storyline, methinks. I do like the new line-up. Blue Beetle and a powerless Kid Devil as veterans really makes a cool dynamic as we're seeing they're both too immature for that. Static is a cool noobie who seems a lot more mature than the other guys and there's something boiling with Kid Eternity. Miss Martian is coming into her own. I've never liked Bombshell, but I guess that's the idea and Aquagirl is a bit of a cliche but I think there could be some cool stuff coming up for her. So yeah, trade from now on.

Total

Comic books: 289

Trade paperbacks: 12

Jan 01-Apr 21=105 comics, 4 TPBs...Joker's Asylum: Two-Face, Joker's Asylum: Poison Ivy, Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker's Asylum: Penguin, Joker's Asylum: Joker, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1, Vigilante #1, Fantastic Four #558-564, Harbinger: The Beginning, Simon Dark #10-17, Captain Britain and MI-13 #8-10, The Darkness #8-10, The Darkness: Lodbrok's Hand Oneshot, The Darkness #75, Battle for the Cowl: Underground, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern #40, New Avengers #47, Mighty Avengers #20, Iron Man: The End, The End League #4-6, Kick-Ass #5, JSA: All-Stars, Battle for the Cowl: Network, Battle for the Cowl #3, Age of Desire, Poe #1, Jack Kirby's The Demon, Green Lantern #41, Battle for the Cowl #3, Battle for the Cowl Gotham Gazette Batman Lives, Batman #687, Green Lantern Corps #37, Monsters on the Prowl #20, DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing, Sudden Gravity (a Tale of the Panopticon), Green Lantern Corps Through the Ages, Green Lantern #42, Batman and Robin #1, Young Allies #1, Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, North 40 #1, Miss America Comics #1, Nightbreed 1-25, Hellraiser 1-20, Hellraiser Spring Slaughter, Hellraiser Summer Special, Hellraiser Dark Holiday, Jihad 1 and 2, Ectokid 1-9, Saint Sinner 1-7, Hyperkind 1-9, Hokum & Hex 1-9, Agents of Atlas, Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth Shall Overcome Premium Hardcover, Citizen Rex #1, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1, Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1, We Kill Monsters #1, Green Lantern Corps #38, Green Lantern #43, Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Green Lantern #44, Incarnate #1, Dead of Night: Devil-Slayer #1-4, Captain America #47-50, 600 and 601, Captain America Reborn #1, All Select Comics #1, USA Comics #1, Batman and Robin #2, Detective Comics #853, Kick-Ass #6, The End League #7,8, Fantastic Four #565-569, Justice League: A New Beginning, Teen Titans #69-73, Annual 1