Every comic you've read in 2009

Missy

Teen Titans #69-73, Annual 1-Though I like the direction the book is going and Wonder Girl, formerly my least favorite character, has become a personal favorite. I just can't validate spending 3.99 on the same book with the added Ravager co-feature. She's a character I couldn't give a shit about. I'll be switching to trade after this storyline, methinks. I do like the new line-up. Blue Beetle and a powerless Kid Devil as veterans really makes a cool dynamic as we're seeing they're both too immature for that. Static is a cool noobie who seems a lot more mature than the other guys and there's something boiling with Kid Eternity. Miss Martian is coming into her own. I've never liked Bombshell, but I guess that's the idea and Aquagirl is a bit of a cliche but I think there could be some cool stuff coming up for her. So yeah, trade from now on.

Good thing you didn't read the middle of the 60's, I have a few of those issues, they were piss poor and put me off Titans. Also, the trade with the issues just before the ones you've got just came out, just so's you know.

I'm halfway through All Star Batman and Robin, and although it is hard to read, what with it just being weird, the art is pretty. Saying that I read issue #6 and Frank Miller using the word bullshitting, it wasn't funny, or add to the story the first time, it didn't the 6th time. After issue 6 I really started to get into the story and enjoy it for what it was and not for what it wasn't, it wasn't all star superman, and it never will be, Quitelys art worked with Morrisons story wheras Lees art works IN SPITE of the shit Miller is writing.

Also, the intro with the line about Miller always having a book ready when it was needed, was unintentionally funny.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finsished All Star Batman ad Robin.

If I was reading this issue by issue, I would've hated it, Millers storytelling is fucking stupid, and his writing feels forced. Lee's art is awesome.

The last issue was the green lantern one, and it was interesting, and a good way to end the book.

Miller made Batman too much of a prick, and he is just not an interesting character to read, the end was nice, but I am not buying the new issues when they come out in five years.

Also, I still really hate Millers art, the alternate covers he did looked terrible to me.

So, if you can get this for around $10, I paid £8 in fopp, then this is a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Did I mention Lee's pretty art, I loved the pull out in issue 5 or 6.

Deadpool Vol. 1: Secret Invasion - I got the first issue of this for IIWY and wasn't exactly blown away, but it surprised me. I really like Way's version of Deadpool. He's funny, but he's also not a guy that you fuck with. I loved the brief moments of Wade getting serious, even if just for one panel, and I think it made the end of issue three a lot more effective.

Comic Books: 140

TPBs: 11

HCs: 0

Graphic Novels: 0

Greatest Hits #4-6, Gravel #6-12, Crossed #2-6, Epilogue #3-4, City of Dust #3, Moon Knight #25, Incognito #1, Street Fighter II Turbo #3-9, Grimm Fairy Tales Annual 08, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #36, Doctor Who Classics #1, Doctor Who: The Forgotten #3-6, Scalped #24, The Goon #31, Ultimate Hulk Annual #1, Bomb Queen V #5, Mirror's Edge #3, Captain Britain and MI 13 #9, Titans #9, X-Men/Spider-man #3, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke, Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li, Astounding Wolf Man #12, Stephen King's The Stand: Captain Trips, Big Dog #1, I am Legion #1, Hack/Slash: First Cut, Welcome to Hoxford #1-4, Batman #686-687, X-Infernus #03, Crossed #0, The Contingent #1, Battle for the Cowl: The Underground, Batman: Detective Comics #853, Irredeemable #1,, Destroyer #1-2, Batman #687, Tarot #53, Green Lantern: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Greek Street #1, Creepy Comics #1, Green Lantern #39-44, Seaguy #1, Exiles #1-4, Doctor Who: The Wondering Gallery, Blackest Night #1-2, Doctor Who #1, Final Crisis #1-7, Absolution #0, Chronicles of Wormwood #1, No Hero #1-2, Blackest Night: Batman #1, Green Lantern Corps #39, Hellblazer #256-257, The Goon , Satan's Sodomy Baby, Drawing on Your Nightmares, Digital Webbing Presents #5, Dark Horse Presents #157, The Goon 1-3 (1999), The Goon 1-4 (2002), The Goon Color Special, Resurrection Man #1-27, Resurrection Man #1,000,000, Supergirl #24, The Stuff of Legend #1, Death: High Cost of Living, Hellraiser: Collected Best, Hack/Slash Vol 2: Death by Sequel, Batman: Hush Vol 1 & 2, Batman: The Long Halloween, Simon Dark Vol 2: Ashes, JLA: The Nail, The Sword Vol 1: Fire, Deadpool Vol. 1: Secret Invasion

Justice League International volume 2-Pretty good as far as collections go. The stories are very uneven and not as good as the first volume. It felt like they were really struggling and I am kind fo surprised the run lasted as long as it did. I suppose it helps that the stories get better later in the series. This one is just kind of a non-starter. Goods: Max Lord is an evil fuck still and just continues the "duh" moment that prologued Infinite Crisis. Rocket Red 5 is hilarious. Martian Manhunter keeping Batman in place is incredibly awesome. Guy Gardner still suffering from a head injury and being nice several issues after Batman punched him is classic. Also, collection-wise, before, between and after the two Millenium crossovers, there is text telling you what happened. And the inclusion of the Suicide Squad issue of the two issue crossover is a nice touch and not something you see in a lot of collections. 7/10 (more for the collection than the actual enjoyment of the stories.

Total

Comic books: 289

Trade paperbacks: 13

Graphic novels: 1

Jan 01-Apr 21=105 comics, 4 TPBs...Joker's Asylum: Two-Face, Joker's Asylum: Poison Ivy, Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker's Asylum: Penguin, Joker's Asylum: Joker, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1, Vigilante #1, Fantastic Four #558-564, Harbinger: The Beginning, Simon Dark #10-17, Captain Britain and MI-13 #8-10, The Darkness #8-10, The Darkness: Lodbrok's Hand Oneshot, The Darkness #75, Battle for the Cowl: Underground, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern #40, New Avengers #47, Mighty Avengers #20, Iron Man: The End, The End League #4-6, Kick-Ass #5, JSA: All-Stars, Battle for the Cowl: Network, Battle for the Cowl #3, Age of Desire, Poe #1, Jack Kirby's The Demon, Green Lantern #41, Battle for the Cowl #3, Battle for the Cowl Gotham Gazette Batman Lives, Batman #687, Green Lantern Corps #37, Monsters on the Prowl #20, DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing, Sudden Gravity (a Tale of the Panopticon), Green Lantern Corps Through the Ages, Green Lantern #42, Batman and Robin #1, Young Allies #1, Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, North 40 #1, Miss America Comics #1, Nightbreed 1-25, Hellraiser 1-20, Hellraiser Spring Slaughter, Hellraiser Summer Special, Hellraiser Dark Holiday, Jihad 1 and 2, Ectokid 1-9, Saint Sinner 1-7, Hyperkind 1-9, Hokum & Hex 1-9, Agents of Atlas, Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth Shall Overcome Premium Hardcover, Citizen Rex #1, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1, Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1, We Kill Monsters #1, Green Lantern Corps #38, Green Lantern #43, Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Green Lantern #44, Incarnate #1, Dead of Night: Devil-Slayer #1-4, Captain America #47-50, 600 and 601, Captain America Reborn #1, All Select Comics #1, USA Comics #1, Batman and Robin #2, Detective Comics #853, Kick-Ass #6, The End League #7,8, Fantastic Four #565-569, Justice League: A New Beginning, Teen Titans #69-73, Annual 1, Justice League International volume 2

Shaolin Cowboy #6,7-I would buy this for the art alone 10 times over but the story is still amazing. Issue 6 has the SC fighting a great white shark piloted by severed head with a katana through its eye from inside the shark's mouth. The whole thing. And he fights it with a chainsaw on the end of a stick. Geof Darrow is a different race of creature. I'm sure he lived under the earth's crust for millenia until he awoke and began to draw comics. Issue 7 focuses on his donkey and a baby fighting two amphibian demons. CRazy shit. 10/10

Doc Frankenstein #6-I didn't realize how far behind I am on this series until I saw an ad for V for Vendetta in this book. To be fair though, they haven't released issue seven yet. This is the secret origin of God. Absolute blasphemous fun. God is a barbarian with a potty mouth. And he has a thing for virgins. Though, when Mary begs him to help her as the rest of the villagers are going to stone her for having sex before marriage he makes her a virgin again...by using his heat vision! All of this is a story told by a sexy green-haired fairy to a Catholic priest. Crazy shit. 10/10

Total

Comic books: 292

Jan 01-Apr 21=105 comics, 4 TPBs...Joker's Asylum: Two-Face, Joker's Asylum: Poison Ivy, Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker's Asylum: Penguin, Joker's Asylum: Joker, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1, Vigilante #1, Fantastic Four #558-564, Harbinger: The Beginning, Simon Dark #10-17, Captain Britain and MI-13 #8-10, The Darkness #8-10, The Darkness: Lodbrok's Hand Oneshot, The Darkness #75, Battle for the Cowl: Underground, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern #40, New Avengers #47, Mighty Avengers #20, Iron Man: The End, The End League #4-6, Kick-Ass #5, JSA: All-Stars, Battle for the Cowl: Network, Battle for the Cowl #3, Age of Desire, Poe #1, Jack Kirby's The Demon, Green Lantern #41, Battle for the Cowl #3, Battle for the Cowl Gotham Gazette Batman Lives, Batman #687, Green Lantern Corps #37, Monsters on the Prowl #20, DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing, Sudden Gravity (a Tale of the Panopticon), Green Lantern Corps Through the Ages, Green Lantern #42, Batman and Robin #1, Young Allies #1, Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, North 40 #1, Miss America Comics #1, Nightbreed 1-25, Hellraiser 1-20, Hellraiser Spring Slaughter, Hellraiser Summer Special, Hellraiser Dark Holiday, Jihad 1 and 2, Ectokid 1-9, Saint Sinner 1-7, Hyperkind 1-9, Hokum & Hex 1-9, Agents of Atlas, Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth Shall Overcome Premium Hardcover, Citizen Rex #1, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Project Superpowers: Chapter Two #1, Star Trek: Spock Reflections #1, We Kill Monsters #1, Green Lantern Corps #38, Green Lantern #43, Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Green Lantern #44, Incarnate #1, Dead of Night: Devil-Slayer #1-4, Captain America #47-50, 600 and 601, Captain America Reborn #1, All Select Comics #1, USA Comics #1, Batman and Robin #2, Detective Comics #853, Kick-Ass #6, The End League #7,8, Fantastic Four #565-569, Justice League: A New Beginning, Teen Titans #69-73, Annual 1, Justice League International volume 2

Shaolin Cowboy #6,7-I would buy this for the art alone 10 times over but the story is still amazing. Issue 6 has the SC fighting a great white shark piloted by severed head with a katana through its eye from inside the shark's mouth. The whole thing. And he fights it with a chainsaw on the end of a stick. Geof Darrow is a different race of creature. I'm sure he lived under the earth's crust for millenia until he awoke and began to draw comics. Issue 7 focuses on his donkey and a baby fighting two amphibian demons. CRazy shit. 10/10

Doc Frankenstein #6-I didn't realize how far behind I am on this series until I saw an ad for V for Vendetta in this book. To be fair though, they haven't released issue seven yet. This is the secret origin of God. Absolute blasphemous fun. God is a barbarian with a potty mouth. And he has a thing for virgins. Though, when Mary begs him to help her as the rest of the villagers are going to stone her for having sex before marriage he makes her a virgin again...by using his heat vision! All of this is a story told by a sexy green-haired fairy to a Catholic priest. Crazy shit. 10/10

How the hell have I gone this long without reading these?

Walking Dead Vol. 1 - Yup, this is my first time reading this. There isn't much for me to add that hasn't been said already. The characterization is great, and I love that Kirkman isn't afraid to go with the cliche for the sake of telling a good story. I'm already dreading the following volumes because if they do what I think they're going to do, it's gonna wreck me.

TPBs: 12

Greatest Hits #4-6, Gravel #6-12, Crossed #2-6, Epilogue #3-4, City of Dust #3, Moon Knight #25, Incognito #1, Street Fighter II Turbo #3-9, Grimm Fairy Tales Annual 08, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #36, Doctor Who Classics #1, Doctor Who: The Forgotten #3-6, Scalped #24, The Goon #31, Ultimate Hulk Annual #1, Bomb Queen V #5, Mirror's Edge #3, Captain Britain and MI 13 #9, Titans #9, X-Men/Spider-man #3, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke, Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li, Astounding Wolf Man #12, Stephen King's The Stand: Captain Trips, Big Dog #1, I am Legion #1, Hack/Slash: First Cut, Welcome to Hoxford #1-4, Batman #686-687, X-Infernus #03, Crossed #0, The Contingent #1, Battle for the Cowl: The Underground, Batman: Detective Comics #853, Irredeemable #1,, Destroyer #1-2, Batman #687, Tarot #53, Green Lantern: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Greek Street #1, Creepy Comics #1, Green Lantern #39-44, Seaguy #1, Exiles #1-4, Doctor Who: The Wondering Gallery, Blackest Night #1-2, Doctor Who #1, Final Crisis #1-7, Absolution #0, Chronicles of Wormwood #1, No Hero #1-2, Blackest Night: Batman #1, Green Lantern Corps #39, Hellblazer #256-257, The Goon , Satan's Sodomy Baby, Drawing on Your Nightmares, Digital Webbing Presents #5, Dark Horse Presents #157, The Goon 1-3 (1999), The Goon 1-4 (2002), The Goon Color Special, Resurrection Man #1-27, Resurrection Man #1,000,000, Supergirl #24, The Stuff of Legend #1, Death: High Cost of Living, Hellraiser: Collected Best, Hack/Slash Vol 2: Death by Sequel, Batman: Hush Vol 1 & 2, Batman: The Long Halloween, Simon Dark Vol 2: Ashes, JLA: The Nail, The Sword Vol 1: Fire, Deadpool Vol. 1: Secret Invasion, Walking Dead Vol. 1

Walking Dead Vol. 2 - Definately had it's moments, but it lost a bit of steam for me. They went in an entirely different direction than I expected, but I'm not sure if that was a good thing. If this becomes a formula of "find new place, lose a couple people, gain a few more, move again", it's going to get old real quick for me.

TPBs: 13

Greatest Hits #4-6, Gravel #6-12, Crossed #2-6, Epilogue #3-4, City of Dust #3, Moon Knight #25, Incognito #1, Street Fighter II Turbo #3-9, Grimm Fairy Tales Annual 08, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #36, Doctor Who Classics #1, Doctor Who: The Forgotten #3-6, Scalped #24, The Goon #31, Ultimate Hulk Annual #1, Bomb Queen V #5, Mirror's Edge #3, Captain Britain and MI 13 #9, Titans #9, X-Men/Spider-man #3, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke, Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li, Astounding Wolf Man #12, Stephen King's The Stand: Captain Trips, Big Dog #1, I am Legion #1, Hack/Slash: First Cut, Welcome to Hoxford #1-4, Batman #686-687, X-Infernus #03, Crossed #0, The Contingent #1, Battle for the Cowl: The Underground, Batman: Detective Comics #853, Irredeemable #1,, Destroyer #1-2, Batman #687, Tarot #53, Green Lantern: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Greek Street #1, Creepy Comics #1, Green Lantern #39-44, Seaguy #1, Exiles #1-4, Doctor Who: The Wondering Gallery, Blackest Night #1-2, Doctor Who #1, Final Crisis #1-7, Absolution #0, Chronicles of Wormwood #1, No Hero #1-2, Blackest Night: Batman #1, Green Lantern Corps #39, Hellblazer #256-257, The Goon , Satan's Sodomy Baby, Drawing on Your Nightmares, Digital Webbing Presents #5, Dark Horse Presents #157, The Goon 1-3 (1999), The Goon 1-4 (2002), The Goon Color Special, Resurrection Man #1-27, Resurrection Man #1,000,000, Supergirl #24, The Stuff of Legend #1, Death: High Cost of Living, Hellraiser: Collected Best, Hack/Slash Vol 2: Death by Sequel, Batman: Hush Vol 1 & 2, Batman: The Long Halloween, Simon Dark Vol 2: Ashes, JLA: The Nail, The Sword Vol 1: Fire, Deadpool Vol. 1: Secret Invasion, Walking Dead Vol. 1-2

Walking Dead Vol. 3 - Much better than the last trade. They stayed in one place and we actually got some cool new developments. My work only has up to volume 4, so after that, I'll decide if I'm going to actually spend money to continue reading.

TPBs: 14

Greatest Hits #4-6, Gravel #6-12, Crossed #2-6, Epilogue #3-4, City of Dust #3, Moon Knight #25, Incognito #1, Street Fighter II Turbo #3-9, Grimm Fairy Tales Annual 08, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #36, Doctor Who Classics #1, Doctor Who: The Forgotten #3-6, Scalped #24, The Goon #31, Ultimate Hulk Annual #1, Bomb Queen V #5, Mirror's Edge #3, Captain Britain and MI 13 #9, Titans #9, X-Men/Spider-man #3, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke, Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li, Astounding Wolf Man #12, Stephen King's The Stand: Captain Trips, Big Dog #1, I am Legion #1, Hack/Slash: First Cut, Welcome to Hoxford #1-4, Batman #686-687, X-Infernus #03, Crossed #0, The Contingent #1, Battle for the Cowl: The Underground, Batman: Detective Comics #853, Irredeemable #1,, Destroyer #1-2, Batman #687, Tarot #53, Green Lantern: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Greek Street #1, Creepy Comics #1, Green Lantern #39-44, Seaguy #1, Exiles #1-4, Doctor Who: The Wondering Gallery, Blackest Night #1-2, Doctor Who #1, Final Crisis #1-7, Absolution #0, Chronicles of Wormwood #1, No Hero #1-2, Blackest Night: Batman #1, Green Lantern Corps #39, Hellblazer #256-257, The Goon , Satan's Sodomy Baby, Drawing on Your Nightmares, Digital Webbing Presents #5, Dark Horse Presents #157, The Goon 1-3 (1999), The Goon 1-4 (2002), The Goon Color Special, Resurrection Man #1-27, Resurrection Man #1,000,000, Supergirl #24, The Stuff of Legend #1, Death: High Cost of Living, Hellraiser: Collected Best, Hack/Slash Vol 2: Death by Sequel, Batman: Hush Vol 1 & 2, Batman: The Long Halloween, Simon Dark Vol 2: Ashes, JLA: The Nail, The Sword Vol 1: Fire, Deadpool Vol. 1: Secret Invasion, Walking Dead Vol. 1-3

Walking Dead is one of those books that gets better and better. I wouldn't be reading it today if I didn't win the first four trades for cheap on eBay. I didn't actually like it much until volume three. But the way it is now trumps those first two years by far.

So I was scanning through the "Superman/Batman" wiki page - prepping for the "Public Enemies" DCAU film - and I get to the story synopses. As I read, my brain slowly turned to jello, then leaked out my nose and ears, whereupon they were lapped up by the dog.

What in the holy blue fuck is going on in that book?!

Walking Dead Vol. 4 - Yup. This is the volume that won me over. I'm going to keep reading for sure.

I really can't wait for Carol to die now. Not only is she throwing herself at EVERYONE, but she was willing to leave her own daughter without a mother. Great, fucked-up character, but I can just tell she's on borrowed time.

TPBs: 15

Greatest Hits #4-6, Gravel #6-12, Crossed #2-6, Epilogue #3-4, City of Dust #3, Moon Knight #25, Incognito #1, Street Fighter II Turbo #3-9, Grimm Fairy Tales Annual 08, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #36, Doctor Who Classics #1, Doctor Who: The Forgotten #3-6, Scalped #24, The Goon #31, Ultimate Hulk Annual #1, Bomb Queen V #5, Mirror's Edge #3, Captain Britain and MI 13 #9, Titans #9, X-Men/Spider-man #3, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke, Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li, Astounding Wolf Man #12, Stephen King's The Stand: Captain Trips, Big Dog #1, I am Legion #1, Hack/Slash: First Cut, Welcome to Hoxford #1-4, Batman #686-687, X-Infernus #03, Crossed #0, The Contingent #1, Battle for the Cowl: The Underground, Batman: Detective Comics #853, Irredeemable #1,, Destroyer #1-2, Batman #687, Tarot #53, Green Lantern: Tales of the Corps #1-3, Greek Street #1, Creepy Comics #1, Green Lantern #39-44, Seaguy #1, Exiles #1-4, Doctor Who: The Wondering Gallery, Blackest Night #1-2, Doctor Who #1, Final Crisis #1-7, Absolution #0, Chronicles of Wormwood #1, No Hero #1-2, Blackest Night: Batman #1, Green Lantern Corps #39, Hellblazer #256-257, The Goon , Satan's Sodomy Baby, Drawing on Your Nightmares, Digital Webbing Presents #5, Dark Horse Presents #157, The Goon 1-3 (1999), The Goon 1-4 (2002), The Goon Color Special, Resurrection Man #1-27, Resurrection Man #1,000,000, Supergirl #24, The Stuff of Legend #1, Death: High Cost of Living, Hellraiser: Collected Best, Hack/Slash Vol 2: Death by Sequel, Batman: Hush Vol 1 & 2, Batman: The Long Halloween, Simon Dark Vol 2: Ashes, JLA: The Nail, The Sword Vol 1: Fire, Deadpool Vol. 1: Secret Invasion, Walking Dead Vol. 1-4

Batman and robin#3. Finally, an issue I enjoyed of this. Now, I just wait for everyone else to say it was easily the weakest issue so far. It nicely cleared the past up, and set up the next of Morrisons arcs.

Gotahm City Sirens #3. March should be a cover artist, and that's it. This was a riddler story from Scott Lobdell, it was a good Riddler story, but it was just a rehash of a Dini Riddler/Batman team up that was in detective with Dick. Anyway, story was good, but it just wasn't the comic I was expecting, though better than the first issues, and therefore, a good jumping off point for me.

Captain Britain and MI-13 #11-15, Annual 1-What a goddamn shame this had to be cancelled. Vampire State is my favorite storyline of the past few years and it was a glorious way to leave. Fucking spectacular. The annula on the other hand, not very good. I wish it had been a way to extend the Marvel UK universe but instead it is wasted on a very poorly drawn Meggan story and a cricket match. 10/10 for Vampire State, 4/10 for the Annual.

Wednesday Comics #1-Read it before but really studied it this time. Batman is really intriguing which is surprising because the last time Azzarello and Risso teamed on batman I wanted to stab myself in the brain. Kamandi? Brilliance. Beautiful. Hawkman, funnily enough, I found to be absolutely beautiful and intriguing. Deadman, love the art but it hasn't distinguished itself from every other time someone does a Deadman story. Superman, art looks rad but the story can go either way for me. GL? Slightly intrigued. Metamorpho, sad that this one page is the best thing Gaiman's done in comics in years and I still wasn't really impressed with the story. Allred owns the world as far as art though. Teen Titans, intrigued. Space Adventures, most interested I've ever been in Adam Strange but Paul Pope can do that to a guy. Supergirl? Not too interested. Metal Men: so much fun! Wonder Woman, haven't been able to finish the one page in the two times I've read this issue. Yuck. Sgt. Rock is something I want blown up and poster-sized. The Flash is the same and I'm even more interested in the Iris story. Demon and Catwoman? VERY INTERESTED. 8/10

Wednesday Comics #2-Wow. Batman is just as great. Kamandi might be the reason for me giving up the medium altogether. It doesn't get any better than that. Superman, though i thought the gun was jumped on Batman appearing, I thought it was better than the first issue. Deadman, getting more interesting. GL, hmmph, kinda boring. Hawkman, maybe the single best one page I've read this year. Strange Adventures, fuckign bonkers. Teen Titans, getting much better. Great "Dick" joke too. Metamorpho, feels like wasted story but it looks so pretty. Supergirl, now that i realize this is going to completely be about her chasing Krypto and Streaky around town, I'm on side. Metal Men, still fun as hell. WW, looked at the page and knew I wasn't going to read it. Ugly and dense. Sgt. Rock, my feelings haven't changed. Demon/Catwoman, yep, still awesome. 9/10. As long as WW is in every issue, it will never be a 10.

Total

Comic books: 300

Jan 01-Aug 28=300 comics, 13 TPBs, 1 GN

Wednesday Comics #3-Titans is becoming really good. I only read Supergilr a minute ago and I've already forgot everything that happened. Demon/Catwoman just went into overdrive. Kamandi is a master class in comics. Hawkman went from awesome to bonkers...and I love it! 9/10

Wednesday Comics #4-Goddamn! I really hope they do this after the 12 issue run ends. It can have a totally new cast of characters and creative teams. FINALLY, Metamorpho is starting to get decent (though I will never like Sapphire Stagg or Java). Not as enticing as previous ones but it is interesting to have an entire page of Bruce Wayne without Batman. 8/10

Total

Comic books: 302

Jan 01-Aug 28=300 comics, 13 TPBs, 1 GN...Wednesday Comics #3, Wednesday Comics #4,

I really hope they do this after the 12 issue run ends.

In an interview on Newsarama, Dan DiDio said he's not sure there will be a second volume / ongoing of Wednesday Comics. If I recall, he said something like doing a follow-up would risk ruining what makes WC unique.

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 334

Adventure Comics #1

Incarnate #1

Luke Cage Noir #1

Red Herring #1

Ultimate Comics Avengers #1

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 337

Secret Six: Unhinged

Cable: Waiting for the End of the World

Punisher: Born

Total

Comic books: 28

Trade paperbacks: 53

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 334

Adventure Comics #1

Luke Cage Noir #1

Red Herring #1

Ultimate Comics Avengers #1

Total

Comic books: 306

Jan 01-Aug 28=300 comics, 13 TPBs, 1 GN...Wednesday Comics #3, Wednesday Comics #4, Adventure Comics #1, Luke Cage Noir #1, Red Herring #1, Ultimate Comics Avengers #1

Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? Issues One and Two: I have no idea how people didn't like this. Not only is it brilliantly written with incredible sight references to almost everything from the 70-some years of Batman, not only does it have Andy Kubert's awesome art, but it actually ties into the way Bruce died.

What with the Omega Sanction forcing him to live different, torturous lives, over and over again.

There's a lot of intertextuality, but it's a damn good read. 7/10

Not only is it brilliantly written with incredible sight references to almost everything from the 70-some years of Batman, not only does it have Andy Kubert's awesome art, but it actually ties into the way Bruce died.

What other Batman story does this remind me of? ;)

Iron Man & The Armor Wars #1 and Warlord #5 - Thoughts in last week's IIWY?

The Mighty Thor #356 - Thoughts in Back To The Bins #20

Joker: The Greatest Stories Ever Told TPB - As you can probably guess, this doesn't really have the greatest Joker stories ever told. The classic ones fit the bill, but things get sketchy when it comes to the modern stories. Some of them are definitely on the better side of Joker stories published in the last decade, while others make you scratch your head as to their inclusion. There's really only one reason to pick this collection up, and that's because it reprints "The Joker's Comedy of Errors." Why is this one story worth picking it up for cheap on Amazon Marketplace? Let me explain:

thejokersboner2.jpg

That's right, it's the Joker's boner story. So if you want to actually own that story, pick this up, but if you want to read a greatest Joker stories ever told collection, look for the original from 1988.

Total

Comic Books: 99

TPBs: 18

HCs: 1

Graphic Novels: 2

Manga: 2

Adventure Comics #0, Age of The Sentry #5-6, Agents of Atlas #1-6, Aliens/Predator FCBD 2009, Aliens #2, Ambush Bug Stocking Stuffer, Animal Man Volume 1-3 TPB, Astounding Wolf-Man #10-13; 15-16, Athena Voltaire & Black Coat One-Shot, Atomic Robo Dogs of War #5, Batman #684-686, Batman: The Black Casebook TPB, Batman and Robin #1-2, Batman: The Brave and The Bold #1-5, Captain America #47-48; 601, The Complete Persepolis, The Contingent #3, Criminal Vol. 2-3 TPB, The Darkness Accursed Vol. 1 TPB, Dark Horse FCBD 2009,Dark X-Men: The Beginning #1, Detective Comics #320;853, Dethklok vs. The Goon, Doctor Who: The Whispering Gallery, Fantastic Four #1-5, Final Crisis Secret Files, Final Crisis #6-7, Four Eyes #2-3, Fred Hembeck Destroys The Marvel Universe, Gantz Vol. 1, The Goon #31-32, Green Lantern #36-38, Green Lantern Corps #38, Guardians of The Galaxy #8-12, Incognito #1, Invincible #57, Invincible Iron Man #15, Iron Man & The Armor Wars #1, Irredeemable #1-2, JLA: Earth-2, Joker: The Greatest Stories Ever Told TPB, Justice League of America #35, Justice Society of America #22, Kick-Ass #5-6, Marvel Adventures: Iron Man Vol. 1-3 Digests, MPD Psycho Vol. 1, Nova #20-25, Planetary #1, Red 5 FCBD 2009, Ruins, Savage Dragon #148, Seaguy: The Slaves of Mickey Eye #1-3, Secret Invasion: War of Kings, Seven Soldiers of Victory Volume 1-4 TPB, Super Friends #11, Superman / Batman #62, Superman and Batman: World's Funnest, Superman Beyond #2, Tales to Astonish #27, 35-38, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1, The Mighty Thor #356, Thor Vol. 2 HC, Vimanarama TPB, War of Kings: Darkhawk #1, Warlord #5, Wolverine: Origin of An X-Man FCBD, X-Force #11, Zot! 1987 - 1991: The Complete Black and White Collection TPB

Not only is it brilliantly written with incredible sight references to almost everything from the 70-some years of Batman, not only does it have Andy Kubert's awesome art, but it actually ties into the way Bruce died.

What other Batman story does this remind me of? ;)

No but this was great and RIP was terrible right? :rolleyes:

Part one of huge massive three-months-worth-of-catchup.

Deadpool: Secret Invasion: I already have issues one and five of this, so only about 60% of this was new to me. But, seeing Deadpool's part in Secret Invastion and how effectively he outwitted the Skrulls (and then failed miserably xD) was pretty awesome, along with the first part of the zombie arc. Will probably pick up the second trade when it comes out.

Green Lantern 42-45: Okay, the Guardians are absolute bastards. Not that we didn't already know this, but. Out of all of the new Lanterns, I find myself liking the Blue the most. 43 was absolutely fucking creepy, especially seeing the focus on William Hand (I'd seen a bit of him in Secret Origin, but goddamn). 44 has possibly the single most true line in comics:

I'm as powerful as Superman. Why does everyone forget that?

Seeing J'onn come back like this really gets across the psychological impact that the BLs are aiming for. Don't care about John and Fatality. 45 is kind of... eh. Too much split focus, and an attempt to bring depth to Sinestro that really doesn't work.

But he looooved once!

Ugh.

Green Lantern Corps #39: This is the first Corps book that I've picked up, and I find myself liking the ensemble cast. Kyle epsecially, and it's here that the split focus works more than it does in other books, as it's mostly focusing on the Corps in various locations, but centered around the Blackest Night. And seeing the rings go for the morgue... well, fuck, it's time to run now. And Guy Gardner and Ice are kinda cute, I have to admit.

Blackest Night 1-2: These books are more the overview to what's going on in general, at first. There are several points/panels at which the GL books pick up in the monthly issues and expand on. Also, you know you're fucked when Alfred's running away. And Barry and Hal talking about who's all died in the time that Barry's been dead is really well-written, just for the emotional impact. I don't know much about Hawkman and Hawkgirl, but I liked their conversation, especially as the lead-in to

Black Lantern Ralph and Sue

. The second book takes more focus, even while just doing overviews; we get a lot about the Aquafamily and the psychological angle that the BLs are going for (holy fucking shit I've not known a lot about them but they are badass), and some of the magical players in Gotham (and when Hand can turn

someone who's been raised from the dead

, run run fucking run!), and just stuff in Gotham in general. Also,

FUCK, they're going for Abin Sur.

The Book of the Black add-on in back is kind of meh, but it lays the ground for the next issue, I'm pretty sure.

Preview of Superman: Secret Origin in the back of BN #2; the writing's okay, but the art is kind of... eh. Lex looks really fucking weird, and I'm pretty sure Clark isn't supposed to look like Harry Potter.

In conclusion? WANT MOAR.

Comic Books: 60

TPBs: 22

Graphic Novels: 2

Motion Comic: 1