The Uncanny Coincidence Thread

Stavros

OK, so on and off for the last 8 years or so I've noted unusual coincidences in my life, themes that appear to be running through the group conscious of humanity and reality, like a reminder that there is a larger pattern. By themselves they are forgettable but collectively they've puzzled me. Feel free to post your own, but I'm keeping a public record here just so no-one thinks I'm crazy.

After checking out the musical group Gregorian after reading this board's music section I buy a few tracks on iTunes earlier today. I listened, they were pretty good. Given the whole spectrum of music to choose from a character in the West Wing episode I just watched mentions Gregorian chanting as a example of the extremes of the medium.

I quoted Kirk on this forum, specifically a line from Wrath of Khan when describing the new issue of Final Crisis, "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life, wouldn't you say?". Afterwards I was discussing Final Crisis #6 with a friend and he said that

Batman's death at the hands of Darkseid

seemed appropriate, sort of a "From hells heart I stab at thee" action from the villain. This is a quote that Khan used in Star Trek II, and it regards how Khan is dealing with his own death. This friend had not seen my post, and he has never seen Star Trek II.

Whilst I have been writing this another topic has come up on the mainpage. Ricardo Montalbán, Khan himself, has died. This was AFTER this initial coincidence That last one has me pretty freaked.

I just explained the Khan/Ricardo Montalbán deal to the friend. He started citing testing methods for gauging the local levels of probability. One of our black cats walks past us going from the front room into the back room. I mention that it could just be a flaw in the Matrix. Our OTHER black cat walks past in exactly the same manner.

God is trying to tell me something. :unsure:

"From Hell's heart I stab at thee" is Ahab's final cry to the white whale in Moby Dick. Please don't reference it as a Star Trek quote, it makes me sad.

I actually said "This is a quote that Khan used in Star Trek II". I am fully aware of its proper source, its just uncanny the manner in which it was used here.

"From Hell's heart I stab at thee" is Ahab's final cry to the white whale in Moby Dick. Please don't reference it as a Star Trek quote, it makes me sad.

I actually said "This is a quote that Khan used in Star Trek II". I am fully aware of its proper source, its just uncanny the manner in which it was used here.

Whew. I get worried sometimes.

Me too. My aunt described the song "Hallelujah" as "that song from Shrek" recently. I had no choice but to later identify Frank Sinatra's rendition of "Let it Snow" as "that song by Die Hard".

Me too. My aunt described the song "Hallelujah" as "that song from Shrek" recently. I had no choice but to later identify Frank Sinatra's rendition of "Let it Snow" as "that song by Die Hard".

Fuckin people, everyone knows it's the song used in The O.C.