The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, it should've occurred to me that most of you would opt for that rather than reading it. But that's what the recording is there for, no?

And thanks.

Yeah, I was going to read it, but then I saw the toolbar to listen.

I have to say that was dark, really creepy, and it felt a little weird, which was awesome, you made the imagery work for me. Will there be anymore from this character?

The narrator, Magda, my whole thesis (novel-length manuscript) is about her.

If you mean to say Vern or his lady, then no.

Yeah the main girl in Eleventeen. Vern and Kayla have served their purpose for me. I don't care about them now, I want to know what happens next with Magda.

Does she keep the job at the video store, does her other boss do anything about the incident, who is she with now, what's going to happen to her now. She seems to not really care about the incident in retrospect, just a blip in her life, what has happened to her since to make that seem not so bad. Pretty much, I want to read more.

She seems to not really care about the incident in retrospect, just a blip in her life, what has happened to her since to make that seem not so bad.

You'd be amazed at how many people don't get this. Or the difference between her not caring then as a form of self-preservation, versus her not caring now because, well, shit, life goes on.

Her father makes her quit. She is with two different guys in the next chapter. This version is a very very very shortened version of chapter three of the manuscript.

She seems to not really care about the incident in retrospect, just a blip in her life, what has happened to her since to make that seem not so bad.

You'd be amazed at how many people don't get this. Or the difference between her not caring then as a form of self-preservation, versus her not caring now because, well, shit, life goes on.

Her father makes her quit. She is with two different guys in the next chapter. This version is a very very very shortened version of chapter three of the manuscript.

Well, when your done, I really want to read it. How big a part will her dad play in the story?