The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

I'm not going to say how much it is, but my tax return is going to be absolutely fucking awesome. It will be enough to completely pay off my Mastercard and I'll still have enough left over to buy something really nice for myself or to invest in something. I've actually been looking into investing in precious metals like gold and platinum for some time now, and this is the best chance I've ever had.

I'm not sure if they're all as helpful as my agent was, but the lady who helped me at H&R Block RULED. She really did help me get back a ton of money from school expenses in addition to the income taxes I paid.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year, I was broke, I had no money and had to get an overdraft to help pay off my fees. Since the summer, I've been putting money aside to reach a goal I thought I'd never reach. I have now got £2000 in savings between now and last July!

I'm so happy, I met my goal, and early! I had to wait till today, because today was the day I paid off my overdraft, fully.

I will be making my official sportscasting debut tomorrow, I will be providing colour commentary for a pair of basketball games for SHAW TV tomorrow.

Red River College Rebels vs. Canadian Mennonite University Blazers.

I get to (on an admittedly small scale) achieve one of my dreams.

So, tax returns have finally been processed on both the state and federal levels; getting the state refund Monday, and the federal refund Tuesday. And that, combined with this week's paycheck, will allow me to pay off tuition by next Wednesday probably, and will free up ze $ for C2E2 and other stuffs! WHEE!

Submitted "Thanks A Latte" (which can be found: RIGHT HERE if you haven't read it) to the '8in48' short play festival in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It's not huge, but hell, everybody needs to start somewhere.

Been meaning to say it, but I think it's freaking tremendous that you're writing and especially plays. One theatre guy to another, that's just fucking incredible to me.