The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get so nervous when I do seminar presentations for school. I've now lectured to 150+ people for an hour twice, but talking for 20 minutes to 5-6 of my peers scares the fuck out of me. Last night I couldn't sleep until 4AM when I had to be up at 7:45, and I was feeling sick to the stomach at the thought of my presentation.

It seems like I'm being a big baby, but I did my presentation today, and everyone liked it, and the professor seemed to like it! Hooray!

I just got this in my email.

Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 27, 2009.

There's still the chance that this won't happen for whatever reason, but I feel a bit reassured at least.

I got my return deposited this morning. I sign the lease tomorrow, and then I'm out of here. :yes:

There's still the issue of what I'm going to do for internet, since the house I'm moving into can't get DSL, and I'm NOT getting dial up, but one thing at a time, I suppose.

I got my return deposited this morning. I sign the lease tomorrow, and then I'm out of here. :yes:

There's still the issue of what I'm going to do for internet, since the house I'm moving into can't get DSL, and I'm NOT getting dial up, but one thing at a time, I suppose.

Right on, Dubs. Good luck on the move.

A bit random but yesterday I went to a different comic shop than usual.

I went in and saw they had watchmen figures, for £10!

I say it like that as in the other place I go their £15, I look at the figures and don't see the one I want/need and that's Doctor Manhattan, I ask one of the staff and they say their sold out.

He then says hang on a minute and goes to the window and finds one last one there!

Yay! :happy:

I got the figure for a fiver less and I was also able to get Green Arrow:Sounds of violence by Kevin Smith which has the first appearance of Onomatopeia!

So leaving the shop, I was in a very good mood.

Again, yay! :happy: