The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happily, I only have a cold that's gone to my lungs b/c of asthmatic tendencies. And now I have pills that'll suppress my coughs and let me sleep for the first time in a few nights.

Also, watching a friend's senior project play (The Pillowman, she did all the puppets) tonight, and then it's off to midnight showing of Watchmen!

I got back from work at 8pm, ate, fell on my bed and read comics, surfed the net and watched the daily show. At 11, just as I was drifting off to sleep disipline kicked in and I got up, I got dressed, went downstairs and did a half hour on my exercise bike and 10 minutes of weights. Every day damn it, no slipping like my routine last year!

I got back from work at 8pm, ate, fell on my bed and read comics, surfed the net and watched the daily show. At 11, just as I was drifting off to sleep disipline kicked in and I got up, I got dressed, went downstairs and did a half hour on my exercise bike and 10 minutes of weights. Every day damn it, no slipping like my routine last year!

Dammit Stavros!

Thats great for you and makes me look like a lazy shit.

The last twenty-four hours have been made of so much awesome.

Went to see my friend's senior project, a play called The Pillowman; she did the design work for the puppets and they are frightening as all fuck. (They're supposed to be. They did their job.) Probably going to go and see this again all the other times it's playing this weekend.

And then, of course, came Watchmen. ^^

So, today, I'm still feeling sick and like shit for most of the day. And then I walk a mile down to the local comic store, because hey, it's payday, and I want to buy some comics. I walk in, and one of the employees recognizes me, and tells me he has something for me. He hands me a copy of the newest Deadpool.

Apparently, the owner (I'm pretty sure it's only him and the clerk working at this place, it's a small local place) remembered me from Sunday, and remembered that I was looking for Deadpool. He thought that the newest issue of Deadpool was probably going to sell out (it did), and then set aside a copy of it for me.

This is one of those "You know you're going to a fucking awesome comics store when..."

Major props to you, owner of Powerhouse whose name I should really learn, along with the clerk who was also there on Sunday.

And then I'm walking back and decide to order a pizza, and find out that there's a major discount on the type of pizza that I'm looking for (making what would've been a $15 pizza closer to $10).

An old friend is also coming back to town for the weekend, which makes things even more awesome. And we just had sushi, traded tales, and had gelato (which is the sex).

So, yeah. The last 24 hours have been made of teh win.

A couple good things that both affect my school, and my love of video games.

-My IPP project is holding a large video game tournament, the main sponsor I had in mind seems very enthusiastic about the idea.

-It's looking very possible that for my school's work placement, I may end up at the HQ of Screwattack.com

Guest DCAUFan1051
I found this randomly searching for Transformers Figures and it's fucking awesome I so want this: BTTF II Delorean $35 wow SOLD!

Holy shit! I have a model delorean, But this blows it away!!

I know right? Normally I only look at Transformers toy stuff...... but this as I said was a completely random find, when I clicked on an ad for toyark. August can't get here fast enough. It has lights and sounds!! Normally I could care less if toys have lights and sounds but the freakin Delorean must!!

on a side note a comedian I enjoy Al Aprill does autonyms and this is what he has for the BTTF car:

Don't

Ever

Lend

One

Rich

Egomaniac

Alotta

Narcotics

congrats on your good news Des.

Guest DCAUFan1051
A couple good things that both affect my school, and my love of video games.

-My IPP project is holding a large video game tournament, the main sponsor I had in mind seems very enthusiastic about the idea.

-It's looking very possible that for my school's work placement, I may end up at the HQ of Screwattack.com

way to go kellen..... my friend mike the birdman dodd of This Week In Geek knows the guys over at Screwattack :D

Well while James has his girlfriend coming to visit him, I'm sorry to trump him, but here goes.

I got married last Sun. to a lady from Indiana by the name of Jamie Middleton. It's Jamie Parent now, and I couldn't be happier.

Congrats, man! Welcome to ball and chain-ville!