The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

Got a call from an in-house recruiter for Amazon, asking me to interview for a content editor job with imdb. Poss just filling out the numbers, but man that's pretty much my dream job.

Awesome-sauce! I'll allow you to use Episode 632 as a reference, out of the goodness of my heart.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just come from a pretty good interview where they asked me to tell a story about myself in 2 minutes. Told them the story of how I was kicked out of university the first time and why it changed me, hit the two minute mark exactly and they basically loved it. The rest wasn't bad either.

Just waiting for Amazon to give me a call to set up that interview. When I mentioned that I didn't have some of the CMS development skills the recruiter said "We like your profile so much that we'd be willing to train you up on that".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7z192I-mQM

Just come from a pretty good interview where they asked me to tell a story about myself in 2 minutes. Told them the story of how I was kicked out of university the first time and why it changed me, hit the two minute mark exactly and they basically loved it. The rest wasn't bad either.

Just waiting for Amazon to give me a call to set up that interview. When I mentioned that I didn't have some of the CMS development skills the recruiter said "We like your profile so much that we'd be willing to train you up on that".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7z192I-mQM

That's good, and your flood pants are keeping your jeans dry. I'd call that a good day.

• 1 month later...

Not sure this is quite the right thread to post this in, but here it goes.

Yesterday afternoon, I got hired for a new job. At my current one, they had been giving me nothing to do for the past month and didn't even have the resources to give me an hourly pay. The same afternoon, however, I got a call from my new girlfriend saying she didn't want to continue my relationship. Bit of a bummer, considering she works at the place I was hired and wouldn't have bothered applying there if I hadn't heard they needed help. However, I'm currently more happy about getting a new position, which I'll be starting Tuesday.

Odd hand to be dealt, though.