Guest DCAUFan1051

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Coming Feb. 22, 2011 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

All-Star Superman Blu-ray Edition

Synopsis: Fueled by hatred and jealousy, Lex Luthor masterminds an elaborate plot to kill the Man of Steel – and it works. Poisoned by solar radiation, Superman is dying. With weeks to live, he fulfills his life’s dreams – especially revealing his true identity to Lois Lane – until Luthor proclaims his ultimate plan to control the world with no alien hero to stop him. Powers fading, Superman engages in a spectacular deadly battle with Luthor that could truly trigger the end of Earth’s Greatest Protector. This startling and gripping DC Universe Animated Original Movie stars the voice talents of James Denton, Anthony LaPaglia, Christina Hendricks and Ed Asner.

Feature film est. 75 min

Special Features:

· Sneak Peek at Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, the next DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movie

· Featurette: “Superman Now” – In a moment of inspiration, Grant Morrison was provided an opportunity to revamp the Man of

Steel into something modern, something more relevant for today’s audience. This is the story of All-Star Superman – where it all

started, and what it came to be

· Two bonus episodes from Superman: The Animated Series handpicked by Bruce Timm.

· Featurette: “Incubating the Idea” – A conversation with Grant Morrison

· Audio Commentary: Bruce Timm and Grant Morrison

· All-Star Superman Virtual Comic Book

All-Star Superman Two-Disc DVD Special Edition

Synopsis: Fueled by hatred and jealousy, Lex Luthor masterminds an elaborate plot to kill the Man of Steel – and it works. Poisoned by solar radiation, Superman is dying. With weeks to live, he fulfills his life’s dreams – especially revealing his true identity to Lois Lane – until Luthor proclaims his ultimate plan to control the world with no alien hero to stop him. Powers fading, Superman engages in a spectacular deadly battle with Luthor that could truly trigger the end of Earth’s Greatest Protector. This startling and gripping DC Universe Animated Original Movie stars the voice talents of James Denton, Anthony LaPaglia, Christina Hendricks and Ed Asner.

Special Features:

· Sneak Peek at Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, the next DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movie

· Featurette: “Superman Now” – In a moment of inspiration, Grant Morrison was provided an opportunity to revamp the Man of

Steel into something modern, something more relevant for today’s audience. This is the story of All-Star Superman – where it all

started, and what it came to be

· Two bonus episodes from Superman: The Animated Series handpicked by Bruce Timm.

All-Star Superman Single-Disc DVD Edition

Special Features:

Source

Grant Morrison featurette and commentary means I'm buying the blu-ray.

Is Emerald Knights a sequel to First Flight? Because if that gets a sequel and Wonder Woman doesn't, that's pretty fucked up, right there.

Totally agreed, but Wonder Woman doesn't have a movie coming out next summer for them to promote/cash in on.

Is Emerald Knights a sequel to First Flight? Because if that gets a sequel and Wonder Woman doesn't, that's pretty fucked up, right there.

Totally agreed, but Wonder Woman doesn't have a movie coming out next summer for them to promote/cash in on.

Your point is valid, yet enraging. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Guest TFG1Mike

No it's not. It will focus on several lesser known GL's. It will be in the vain of Batman Gotham Knight.

No it's not. It will focus on several lesser known GL's. It will be in the vain of Batman Gotham Knight.

Gimme a Rot Lop Fan segment, and a Kilowog story, and we're cool.

Guest TFG1Mike

Gimme a Rot Lop Fan segment, and a Kilowog story, and we're cool.

I believe you will get the Kilowog story. i'm not too sure though. We'll have to see what they add to All Star Superman for features.

...Seriously, though? How does something awesome as WW not make its money back? D:

I don't think WW was marketed as much as Green Lantern and the others. Also, even a lot of comics fans (who the movie was aimed at) think of Diana as a boring/lame character. It was only after the movie came out and word-of-mouth started spreading that people realized how good the movie was.

Last night I rented Superman / Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam, and I'm going through the shorts right now.

Jonah Hex

Right from the start I could tell this was going to be excellent. The mood, music, animation, voices, and violence are all perfect for a Hex cartoon. And though I would have liked it to be five (maybe 10) minutes longer, the somewhat ambiguous nature of the story leaves you wanting more Hex shorts down the line.

Score: 5 / 5

The Spectre

This one I expected to be horror from start to finish, but when it turned out to have a 1970s crime movie vibe -- right down to the purposely clichéd characters and dialog, film grain, and era-specific music -- I was hooked! Add to that the pulpy narration, the excellent use of lighting, and horrific kills, and this one is easily my favorite short so far.

The Spectre

This one I expected to be horror from start to finish, but when it turned out to have a 1970s crime movie vibe -- right down to the purposely clichéd characters and dialog, film grain, and era-specific music -- I was hooked! Add to that the pulpy narration, the excellent use of lighting, and horrific kills, and this one is easily my favorite short so far.

Funny; I was about to write in to WFP asking whether you and James would ever review the shorts and what you thought of each of them. Carry on...

Green Arrow

Though the action is impressive, the story is dull: While trying to pick up Dinah from the airport, Ollie stumbles upon a plot to abduct a young princess. It also ends way too quickly. The main foe makes his appearance, and is dispatched within 60 seconds.

Score: 3 / 5

• 1 month later...