The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Guest DCAUFan1051

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good formula.

I think The Flash is due for an animated movie, especially since he's probably going to be the next DC hero to get a live-action movie after GL, Superman, and Batman.

A Wonder Woman sequel would be preferable, but since the first one did less-than-satisfactory sales, it's unlikely to be made unless a WW live-action film comes out.

That would be a kickass DC Showcase short, especially if they made it slightly longer like Superman/Shazam.

That's the most likely option. As I don't think it'd sell as a main feature, unless they were able to stick Geoff Johns "Former writer of Smallville!!*" on the box.

*He may have only written four episodes, but that still makes him a writer for the show.

That's because Loeb's featured Clarke snogging his own mother and Doomsday eating Chloe. I presume.

Loeb's had Clark using x-ray vision to look though Chloe and Lana's pants, then zooming off to Vegas to get married (underage, mind you) to a mentally unstable passive-aggressive psycho girl.

His excuse: RED KRYPTONITE!

Loeb's had Clark using x-ray vision to look though Chloe and Lana's pants, then zooming off to Vegas to get married (underage, mind you) to a mentally unstable passive-aggressive psycho girl.

His excuse: RED KRYPTONITE!

To be fair, neither of those were Clark's fault. I could see issue taken with his exile at the beginning of Season 3 though. And Tom Welling gives his best performances when he's on red kryptonite/Bizarro/from an alternate universe.

And yet it makes more sense than the majority of stuff that comes out of Smallville, at least with his DC work (can't speak for Onslaught Reborn or Ultimatum).

Before we veer too much off-topic, let me pose this question: What do y'all think of the use of Hollywood/television celebrities with by and large higher profiles than those hired by Romano in the DCAU shows? (ex. Anne Heche in Superman: Doomsday; Alfred Molina in Wonder Woman; Michael Madsen in First Flight; James Woods in Crisis on Two Earths; Summer Glau in S/B: Apocalypse; Christina Hendricks in All-Star Superman) Do they make good use of them? Are they cast in the right roles? Is it overdone?

It's done because Romano is very good at hearing actors' voices from random shows and movies and knowing where to place them in animated features, so, naturally, she'd pick actors that were popular enough for her to notice.

I think that overall, it's not overdone. It's been working out well so far.

I think it's rather hit-and-miss. For the most part, Romano is excellent at casting good voices, but I feel she sometimes misses the mark with some of the casting in these movies (e.g. Andre Braugher as Darkseid, Christina Hendricks as Lois Lane, about half the cast of Crisis on Two Earths, though James Woods does not fall into that group).

I think it's rather hit-and-miss. For the most part, Romano is excellent at casting good voices, but I feel she sometimes misses the mark with some of the casting in these movies (e.g. Andre Braugher as Darkseid, Christina Hendricks as Lois Lane, about half the cast of Crisis on Two Earths, though James Woods does not fall into that group).

I think that might be a personal opinion thing, then. I loved Hendricks as Lois Lane, and the cast of Crisis on Two Earths was really great. Braugher as Darkseid would have probably been fine if not for the fact that we'd already heard Ironside's absolutely-perfect version.

• 3 weeks later...
"Justice League: Doom" Named First 2012 DC Universe Animated Original Movie

April 02, 2011 by James Harvey

The title for the first direct-to-video DC Universe Animated Original Movie of 2012 was announced at WonderCon 2011.

DC Universe Animated Original Movie Producer Bruce Timm revealed Justice League: Doom will be the first title from the the acclaimed direct-to-video home video line to be released in 2012. Timm made the announcement during the annual WonderCon convention.

Justice League: Doom will be loosely based on the acclaimed Justice League of America: Tower of Babel comic storyline, originally published in 2000. The late Dwayne McDuffie adapted and wrote the script for the forthcoming animated feature. Further details on the creative team are set to be announced soon.

The Justice League: Doom announcement was made Friday night, April 1st, 2011, by Timm during a special presentation of the upcoming Green Lantern: Emerald Knights animated feature at WonderCon. WonderCon is a popular comic book, science fiction, and motion picture convention, held every year in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Additionally, further details on other 2012 titles in the DC Universe Animated Original Movie line are set to be announced later this year. Justice League: Doom, set for a Spring 2012 release on home video, is a co-production of Warner Premiere, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation. Stay tuned for further updates here soon at The World’s Finest.

Source