The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Guest DCAUFan1051

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it, I actually found the First Look online today! However I do have mixed feelings. I agree with Mike that Batman’s actor sounds like he’s reading lines, I think he has the right voice for the role he just needs a couple acting lesions. I almost have the entire comic memorized so the lines I heard in the trailer annoyed me because it seemed like the characters were saying about the same thing as they were in the comic but they just changed the order of the words for the hell of it, but I thought why couldn’t you just use the original dialogue, it sounds so much better.

Batman: Year One IS my favorite comic story of all time. I really hope they are making the film as good as it should be, and not just hoping to pass it off as just another film in the DC Animated line. I think it should be of higher quality than any of the other DC Animated Films. I want to be as blown away as I was when I first saw Mask of the Phantasm, this story deserves it.

Where did you find it, all I get when I search are reviews of the book and people's thoughts on how they feel about the film coming out

i don't know what to think. I very disappointed in the animation, I don't see any Mazzucchelli influence.

There are concessions. Bruce Wayne's eyes for example. It is a little irritating that they haven't really used a different art style in these outside of New Frontier, the rest have been fairly standard with moderated character models, they're all for the most part done in the Young Justice style. That being said, it's a great style.

i don't know what to think. I very disappointed in the animation, I don't see any Mazzucchelli influence.

It is a little irritating that they haven't really used a different art style in these outside of New Frontier, the rest have been fairly standard with moderated character models, they're all for the most part done in the Young Justice style. That being said, it's a great style.

Not necessarily. Superman Doomsday's style is DCAU-lite, All-Star Superman and the Superman/Batman movies have distinct styles lifted pretty much from the material, with a few tweaks here and there, and Gotham Knight alone has six very different styles. You're right, though, that they've kind of been lazy with the animation style of everything else since The New Frontier.

• 2 weeks later...
During a discussion panel following the San Diego Comic-Con 2011 debut of Batman: Year One, the next entry in the DC Universe Animated Original Movie line coming to Blu-ray and DVD October 18th, 2011, executive producer Bruce Timm revealed the slate of animated titles to be released in 2012 from the Warner Home Video series. The 2012 DC Universe Animated Original Movie titles will feature a string of adaptations of acclaimed and popular works from DC Comics history.

The previously-announced Justice League: Doom is slated to be the first DC Universe Animated Original Movie title released in 2012. The animated movie, written by the late Dwayne McDuffie, is set to be a loose adaptation of the fan-favorite JLA: Tower of Babel storyline written by Mark Waid.

Set for a mid-2012 release is Superman Versus The Elite. No official details on this animated feature have been released at this time, though some speculate the movie will be based on the acclaimed one-shot Superman: What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way, originally published in Action Comics #775.

Lastly, the DC Universe Animated Original Movie line will tackle its first two-part release with Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. The two-part animated feature adapts the acclaimed, popular comic mini-series of the same name by Frank Miller. Both parts are expected to be released within the 2012 calendar year, likely to tie into both the theatrical and home video release of the upcoming live-action film The Dark Knight Rises, but that is currently unconfirmed.

Source

• 3 weeks later...

Accord to the reviewer, the film includes a "F-Bomb." That's a first for superhero movies isn't it? animated or not. In any case, great review can't wait to see this.

Without spoiling anything, someone in X-Men: First Class says fuck.

So did Kick-Ass, if memory serves.

Adding Millar films, same thing happens in Wanted. But I think they meant animated superhero films.

• 1 month later...
Here comes the Justice League! An all-star cast has been assembled to provide voices for the iconic team of superheroes in Justice League: Doom, the latest animated DVD-movie in Warner Home Video's series of DC Comics adaptations. Castle star Nathan Fillion will reprise the role of Green Lantern, which he first played in Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. He'll be joined by Tim Daly and Kevin Conroy, the longtime voices for Superman and Batman, respectively. Rounding out the cast are several of Conroy's old costars from Cartoon Network's 2001-06 Justice League series (known as Justice League Unlimited in later seasons): Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum as the Flash, Alias alum Carl Lumbly as Martian Manhunter and veteran voice actress Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman. Cyborg, a character not seen on Justice League, joins the group for this movie and will be played by Bumper Robinson (The Game).

Source