The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Guest DCAUFan1051

Because, No matter how much they update it, Hals costume will never be subtle for animation. White gloves are from another comic time period, Black and green are whats in this period. I dont care how the suits protrayed, Its just important to make it sleek, sylish and marketable.

Exactly... the version from the live-action film looks great. No white gloves is fine by me.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder woman 2 DVD set list of what will be on the DVD's

DVD Menu

Disc #1 -- Wonder Woman

Play Movie

Special Features

Audio Commentary

A First Look At the Animated Feature Film Green Lantern

From Graphic Novel to Original Animated Movie - Justice League: The New Frontier

Wonder Woman: The Amazon Princess

Batman Gotham Knight: An Anime Evolution

Trailers

Lego Batman

Inkheart "Look for It on Blue-Ray and DVD"

Scooby-Doo and the Samurai Sword

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Languages

Spoken Languages

English

Subtitles

English (For the Hearing Impaired)

Français

Off

Disc #2 -- Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman: A Submersive Dream

Wonder Woman: Daughter of Myth

Bruce Timm's Top Picks

To Another Shore

Hawk and Dove

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm watching JL: The New Frontier and I have a question Batman says to johnn that he has a $70,000 piece of rock to stop the one from metropolis..... Well since when does kryptonite have a monetary value? It's not like it's traded on the stock market.

Well since when does kryptonite have a monetary value? It's not like it's traded on the stock market.

Sure it has monetary value. It's possible that whomever owned it before didn't know it was kryptonite (as was shown in many stories, including Superman Returns and the DCAU 3-part Batman/Superman crossover "World's Finest"). Any chunk of meteor is really freaking expensive; $70,000 was just the amount that Bruce paid for it.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Well since when does kryptonite have a monetary value? It's not like it's traded on the stock market.

Sure it has monetary value. It's possible that whomever owned it before didn't know it was kryptonite (as was shown in many stories, including Superman Returns and the DCAU 3-part Batman/Superman crossover "World's Finest"). Any chunk of meteor is really freaking expensive; $70,000 was just the amount that Bruce paid for it.

the only problem I have with the DCAU reference knightwing is that it wasn't specifically stated that the kryptonite had value. Joker just says he wants Lex to pay him 1 billion dollars and he'll kill Superman, while the arguement can be made that Lex is paying for the use of Kryptonite.... he never really intended to pay Joker at all.

And as far as the fact that it's a radioactive rock, and that most things radioactive are valueable I've never heard of a pricetag on the evil green stuff. That said your probably right Bruce paid out the wazoo for it. I've just never heard/seen any cartoon put any dollar amount to it. I know this is a minor issue, but I was just wondering about it as I was watching the JL: TNF earlier.

Now :ot: it's on to Goldeneye!!! :D

the only problem I have with the DCAU reference knightwing is that it wasn't specifically stated that the kryptonite had value. Joker just says he wants Lex to pay him 1 billion dollars and he'll kill Superman, while the arguement can be made that Lex is paying for the use of Kryptonite.... he never really intended to pay Joker at all.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "Jade Dragon" passing from owner to owner before the Joker got his hands on it.

Guest DCAUFan1051

yeah, but joker knows that the jade dragon is kryptonite! :D that's why he goes after it........ granted this is completely off the topic of the thread, but still.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "Jade Dragon" passing from owner to owner before the Joker got his hands on it.

Yes!

When rocks fall from the sky, they're incredibly fucking expensive to the collector. Even if they're not kryptonite. Batman bought one that he knew was.

Yes!

batman knew he had to have kryptonite, so he spent whatever it took to get it.

Yes!

I love you people.

sbpe.jpg

SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES:

United States President Lex Luthor uses the oncoming trajectory of a

kryptonite asteroid to frame Superman and declare a $1 billion bounty

on the heads of the Man of Steel and his “partner in crime” Batman.

Super heroes and super villains alike launch a relentless pursuit of

Superman and Batman, who must unite – and recruit super help – to

stave off the action-packed onslaught, stop the asteroid, and uncover

Luthor’s devious plot to take command of far more than North America.

YES.

That first arc or two of Superman/Batman was great. Judging by the summary there, it looks like we'll actually see animated forms of modern DC heroes. Just off the top of my head, I remember seeing Starfire, Nightwing, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, Kon-El, Captain Marvel, and Hawkman in the original comic.

Yeah, this should be good. Heck, it'll probably be better than the comic was.

Guest DCAUFan1051
The Public Enemy film sounds amazing , i thought i couldn't wait for green lantern to come out now i cant wait for this to come out. i just hope that the next animated films feature Aquaman or The Flash , that would be awesome.

The Flash while he hasn't gotten his own film did play a major part in JL: The New Frontier, Aquaman would be cool if they cast the right voice actor.

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw the Wonder Woman animated DVD. I have to say, it was by far the best movie, animated or otherwise, that I've seen in a long while. The action was flat-out incredible, and the dialogue was some of the best I've heard in recent memory. I strongly recommend that anyone even vaguely interested in the movie or DC animation in general watch it; it's by far the best of the DC Original Animated Films (yes, I include The New Frontier in that).