The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Guest DCAUFan1051

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ad sheet w/ more images from Apocalypse. Haha, I'm surprised by how much they're alreading PRing this. They usually wait until after the latest DTV has been released.

813b44f9_supap1.jpg

563e026a_supap2.jpg

And here's some info for Region 2 fans. 10 Disc collection that includes:

• Superman Doomsday

• Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

• Batman: Gotham Knight

• Wonder Woman

• Superman: The Last Son of Krypton

• Batman: The Animated Series, volumes 1-4

• Batman: The Mystery of the Batwoman

DC Comics 75th Anniversary Collection

It's coming out July 12, 2010 and going for £16.85 that's only $25.15! What the heck, when does the US get something like this? Well, I mean, I guess since it's all been released seperately over here we don't really need it, but it would be nice to have the option.

Ooh. That's a cool joker, definitely a take on Hammill's but still creepy in his own right. I'm pretty damn psyched for this. Frankly I'm more psyched for this than most films in the cinema. Damn it, Batman animated films should get cinematic releases!

Eh, I think it's hit-or-miss. Batman looks great. Wonder Woman is good. Darkseid........yuck.

You mean Supergirl, not Wonder Woman right?

Meh. This is pretty much going to be on the same level as Public Enemies, which really doesn't rank that high for me among these films. If they wanted to make a film based on a Jeph Loeb comic couldn't they use some of good stuff like The Long Halloween, Hush or Superman for all seasons? God knows Marvel should be adapting his Colours series for Daredevil, Spider-man and Hulk films.

Hm, I think it'll be better than Public Enemies, because Lauren Montgomery is co-directing it. And with the exception of Superman: Doomsday, I've liked all her work.

I did not know that. Cool that she's getting the chance to return to the Amazons (if they keep them in it), but I do think this suffers from similar problems to Public Enemies, like character models not built exclusively for animation (they do look clunky). Plus there's no getting away from the essential lightweight nature of the story itself. Total popcorn is fine if that's your thing, but DC's done so much more in recent years.

Hm, I think it'll be better than Public Enemies, because Lauren Montgomery is co-directing it. And with the exception of Superman: Doomsday, I've liked all her work.

I did not know that. Cool that she's getting the chance to return to the Amazons (if they keep them in it), but I do think this suffers from similar problems to Public Enemies, like character models not built exclusively for animation (they do look clunky). Plus there's no getting away from the essential lightweight nature of the story itself. Total popcorn is fine if that's your thing, but DC's done so much more in recent years.

Whoops! One adjustment, she's directing it, not co-directing.

Hm... I'm afraid I don't know much about the story itself except what I've read here and there (which is actually a lot.)

And oh yea! about her returning to the amazons. Did not even think about that. :D

I think this is them in the background?

Conan.jpg

EDIT*

Superherohype's forums has a lot of screenshots. I'm diggin' Bat's design for the most part, I like the symbol and his long ears.

Random note: Lauren Montgomery was not the sole director of Superman: Doomsday. She was one of three directors, and she was only responsible for the middle third of the movie (the part with clone-Superman, the Lois drama, and Toyman). So, really, she did all the good parts of the movie. The rest isn't her fault.

BOO!!! the item that you are looking for is not available in the US Store! anyone got a link to where this might be besides iTunes?

I think they may've taken it down. D:

Good news! comicsvine posted it up. http://www.comicvine.com/supermanbatman-apocalypse-trailer/112-1016/

Btw, here's the complete cast list for Under the Red Hood:

Bruce Greenwood as Batman/Bruce Wayne

Jensen Ackles as Red Hood/Jason Todd

John DiMaggio as Joker

Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing

Jason Isaacs as Ra's al Ghul

Wade Williams as Black Mask

Carlos Alazraqui as Chi Chi

Robert Clotworthy as Leon

Gary Cole as Bobo

Brian George as Ra's Assistant

Kelly Hu as Ms. Li

Phil LaMarr as Rick

Alexander Martella as Young Robin/Jason Todd

Vincent Martella as Robin/Jason Todd

Jim Piddock as Alfred

Kevin Michael Richardson as Tyler

Andrea Romano as Reporter #1

Dwight Schultz as Freddie

Fred Tatasciore as Mercenary #1

Keri Tombazian as Reporter #2

Bruce Timm as The Riddler

Michael Villani as Reporter #3

Also, cast list of the Jonah Hex short at World's Finest Online.

When I saw Isaacs name I couldn't help but grin. I know he's done voice work in the past, but whenever I hear about it, I keep imagining Lucius Malfoy in the recording booth. XD

" 3:00-4:00 DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection: Jonah Hex, Green Arrow, and Beyond!— Warner Home Video, Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation roll out the next wave of DC Showcase animated shorts with the world premiere of Jonah Hex, an advance look at Green Arrow, and details regarding the upcoming compilation Blu-ray/DVD release anchored by Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam. Executive producer Bruce Timm (DC Universe Animated Original Movies), Jonah Hex voice Thomas Jane (Hung), producer Alan Burnett (The Batman), acclaimed comics writer and fiction author Joe Lansdale, and writer/producer Greg Weisman (Young Justice) present a peek at three never-before-seen shorts. Room 7AB "

-SDCC

Cool, about the DC Showcase compilation. Maybe they'll throw in commentary? I miss those. :(

When I saw Isaacs name I couldn't help but grin. I know he's done voice work in the past, but whenever I hear about it, I keep imagining Lucius Malfoy in the recording booth. XD

I'll pretty much watch him in anything, he's one of those guys who can play whatever is needed. For a guy whose been Malfoy, Captain Hook and Major Briggs in Green Zone the rest of his career has been surprisingly varied. He's not typecast as a villain like so many are.